PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:3 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Mon, 27 August 2018

Godfather

DDG - World class
Valencia - Right winger turned RB. 33, not productive.
Jones - No comment
Smalling - See Jones
Bailly - potential is there but too many mistakes. Needs to be 3rd choice.
Lindeloff - See Bailly
Shaw - Starting to show promise this season but terrible before
Pogba - Instagram>Football
Fred - Too early
Ander - Tight passer but genuinely low quality player
Mata - little child brushed off by the wind
Martial - anelka sulk mk2 but without the productivity
Sanchez - not showing his class in a disfunctional team
Lukaku - good but not world class
Lingard - squad player, not first 11 quality
Rashford - see lingard

World class players indeed.
Pretty much. Although you've been kind to Lindelof. I don't see any potential with that guy at all.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Only saw the first half, which was good and United should've scored at least one (fecking sitter). What the feck happened after the break?!

SqueakyWeasel

Jose had them on the ropes in the first half, playing the football I want to see too, but he didn't anticipate such a fecking cunning plan from Poch as changing things up at HT :eek: and he had no plan B once again!

He brought on Sanchez … I thought we were MUCH better without him – and I've said it for ages!

Once he brings on Fellaini we know we're in the shit!

But the opposition knows exactly what to expect when Jose makes these changes … after all they're his "go-to" changes and probably what Spurs trained for.

Jose nearly won me over tonight with that first half. They mentioned something on SKY comm that I don't think was too shy of the truth: Carrick walked into the technical area to pass a message to Jose just as Alan Smith was saying that Poch would not have expected the way United have set up … no-one did! He said, "Maybe that's the guy that came up with this formation". :angel: Herrera!

Still looks to me like Jose is happy to make a point that he's mot being supported … he's United's Donald Trump and BREXIT rolled into one!

Not going to read too much into that post match stuff from the special one either … unless it makes Jose genuinely realise what the feck it is that he took on 30 months ago!

BUT … I'm going to support him! That first half showed we CAN DO IT! AS LONG AS IT SHOWED HIM WE CAN TOO MAYBE WE CAN ALL BENEFIT!!!

Stubble

You can't keep changing the centrebacks and system every game and expect solidity. Ferdinand/Vidic, Bruce/Pallister etc were consistent partnerships forged over time which then developed that almost psychic understanding . Mourinho needs to decide NOW who his best 2 centre backs are and play them all the time despite the odd initial mistake this will give them confidence and allow a proper partnership to develop. Jones cannot be part of it as he's just consistently injured. Playing Bailly/Lindelof one game and Smalling/Jones/Herrera the next is just asking for trouble. Who will it be next now those 3 will be in the doghouse ? Rojo/Matic ?

Godfather

Obertan, Bebe, Buttner, etc.

Managers buy flops all the time, thing is Fergie had a world class 11 to rely on if things went sour with transfers.
Yeah players that he bought.

We haven't bought well for the last 4 or 5 seasons now.

Jacob

Can't believe how bad Sanchez is. You don't make a 180 in ability just like that, has to be blamed on the manager.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I get those who are disillusioned with Martial, but it must be frustrating for him to see players with half his technical ability get into the game every week no matter what, however poorly they might play.
Weird those players with double his ability can hit a five yard pass. I tell you, this boy is at Messi levels when he doesn't play.

Nori-

any player refusing to play for a manager should be sacked. it's pathetic not to mention a breach of contract
I'm sorry, which top players?? De Gea and all the overrated players??
Lukaku - with the right service easily 30+ goals a season, Sanchez - On form is one of the top 6 players in the world, De Gea - Best keeper in the world, Martial and Rashford - Both capable of tearing up defences, Pogba - Best player on the pitch in a world cup final, Matic - Like he showed at the start of last season, can be a rock in front of goal, Luke Shaw - Has showed before he can be the best left back in the league etc etc

The problem isn't the players and how good they are, its the manager. Brighton beat us last week with a team that prob cost less than Pogba. We could bring in Messi and still struggle with Jose in charge.

Skåre Willoch

José should resign. Ed should be sacked. And please bring back the green and gold scarfs.

acnumber9

Strangest 3-0 defeat I’ve ever seen. I’m not going to read through all the crying on here but I thought we played well and were badly let down by individual mistakes. Hard to blame Mourinho for that and I felt for him.

Treble

United started very well, played dynamic, pressed Spurs and created chances. After the first 30 min Spurs gradually became the more dangerous team though and their goals weren't against the run of the play. The players tried hard, didn't play against Jose. That much was obvious.

mancan92

You should have been a pirate in the previous life. There's no such thing as a third season curse ffs. The universe does not revolve around Jose Mourinho's third year in a contract.
Believe what you like but if something happens over and over it’s probably because someone is causing it. Jose doesn’t learn from his mistakes he isn’t interested in admitting he is wrong and trying something new. That is why he has the same outcome. It isn’t rocket science.

Jacko21

That's the proper stuff from Carragher and Neville re analayis of the United/Mourinho situation.

Not any of the guff that'll be printed tomorrow and spouted by journos on Twitter.

norm87cro

I just feel we could have lost to Brighton with this score. These cnuts are nothing special and I guess it makes the score even more depressing. Pogba can feck off to Barcelona

Virror

Pogba needs to go back to the academy, not ready for Premier League football.

AngliaRed

Mourinho still has my support. Sacking him will only make the situation worse.
Exactly, my thoughts too!

He changed tactics and we started will and dominated the first half. Once again individual errors lost us the match tonight. Not his tactics. He has my full back until at least the end of the season.

svastian99

Lack of definition the first time - specific errors in the first 2 goals ... then everything collapsed .. give sideways and backwards when you're losing does not seem like a good tactic. We all expected a kind response from the players.

The first half was decent, the formation 3-5-2 seemed to work ... but without good defenses it is not possible to play against teams with decent strikers.

Pogba still does not know / does not understand when he has to give the ball.
Lukaku very poor in definitions.
Matic is not ready yet.
Lindelöf very erratic.

Shaw played very well .. he just needs to know what to do when he arrives at the area, there he gets complicated. Valencia showed intention to want to play forward.

We run the risk of transforming ourselves into something like Wenger's Arsenal .. ffs

Trizy

United have broke my heart to the point I don't even care about losing anymore. Funnily enough I always questioned how people who support terrible clubs manage to sit through losses and draws week in week out. It's just like winning, you become used of it!

Actually thought we were very good first half. Lukaku scores and we win. Do feel the score line flattered Spurs though. They defended very well though.

Sentient Meat

Weird those players with double his ability can hit a five yard pass. I tell you, this boy is at Messi levels when he doesn't play.
He has underperformed... he has been given chances... but he's better than Lukaku and Lingard who consistently get more minutes. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel if he got a consistent run of play that he'd finally become a star. Sadly, on a top team like United, the manager doesn't have the luxury of letting him work through his issues. We should have sent him on loan to give him some more regular time as a starter, but unfortunately this time has passed.

Patrick08

It's not Mourinho's fault today. Our key players are lethargic and just don't work hard enough.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Happy to see him be like that with the press. We could do with him getting his edge back. He's become too soft/passive.

freeurmind

weak willed
Not too different from last week. If Lukaku buries that early chance we probably win 2-0. Spurs were clinical in the final third, we weren't. Shaw looked really good. Going to be hard to pick the players up from this, hopefully we can get a win at Burnley. CB has to be an absolute priority in January, all of them are either too injury prone or just not good enough. Lindelof looks like a League 1 player.

DeGea

Good analysis by Neville on Sky. I think these are testing times for us as fans. Jose still has that fire in his belly, just saw his press conference, absolutely fecking destroyed that journalist.

The club need to stick together and rally absolutely everybody. Players who do not want to play for him should just say so and be sold in January.

We are going to war lads/lasses, and it will be a long bloody season.

Mailo

That second goal, the more i watch it, the worse it gets. Everybody just doing his own thing, zero communication, zero coherence...wow. This team is coached by Mourinho? :eek::houllier:
I honestly think they've quit on him.

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 514 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham