PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:3 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Mon, 27 August 2018

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
This is identical to what happened to Jose at Chelsea. The players just dont want to play for him anymore and can you blame them?

Chelsea wasted a season that year, replaced him and won it the next year. Why waste anymore time on him, sack him now, bring in Zizu, pay him what he wants and maybe just maybe start unlocking the potential of these top players. We might even still be able to launch a title challenge
Which top players are these?!

Asger

This is identical to what happened to Jose at Chelsea. The players just dont want to play for him anymore and can you blame them?

Chelsea wasted a season that year, replaced him and won it the next year. Why waste anymore time on him, sack him now, bring in Zizu, pay him what he wants and maybe just maybe start unlocking the potential of these top players. We might even still be able to launch a title challenge
I'm sorry, which top players?? De Gea and all the overrated players??

ThemanGiggsy

Actually don't blame Mourinho for this one. Well mostly not. bringing on Fellani was insane. I thought the team played ok, just had some mental errors that were punished. should have been 2-0 up at half time. Players were the let down again.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I think so as well. Last season Mou played deep defensive football in a bid to protect this horrible defence. He took all the slack for not playing the United way. This year he seems not caring about protecting the defence anymore. The message seems to be, 'you let me with this crap, now take the responsibility of it'
Thing is, I fear Woodward is too arrogant to admit his mistake and would rather sack Jose than admit he fecked up.

Parry Gallister

Weird. Gutted in a totally different way to last week. First half more like it, actually really enjoyed watching us. But fecking hell how we got beat in that second half... Almost like we've been largely negative for years now because we're shite at the back.

Sanchez... Yeah. Hope he proves me wrong this season, can't see it happening.

I don't know, we're just so all inconsistent, from personnel to formation to style of play.

Last edited:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Atleast we tried tonight and got forward and had a few shots.

Still doesn’t lessen the hurt

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That second goal, the more i watch it, the worse it gets. Everybody just doing his own thing, zero communication, zero coherence...wow. This team is coached by Mourinho? :eek::houllier:

Redderp

We played a good first half and then we threw it away in the second half. We need 90 minutes of that. Spurs came back and absolutely battered us in the second half and scored two goals before we got back into the game. We can’t just turn off like that and expect to win. Losing a header to Kane is one thing, but allowing Eriksen that kind of space and time was just criminal. The last goal was just our defense completely giving up. Felt like a goal the moment Lucas received the ball.

If Mourinho can get us to play like in the first half then there is still some hope, but we have to fix the mentality of the players and give them a system to believe in. Spurs played more like a team and we played more like individual players. You could see the confidence drain from our players, like exactly no one thought we would get back in the game after Spurs scored.

I still have a hard time getting to grips with us actually losing 3-0 at OT against Spurs. Shit like that shouldn’t happen :)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Thing is, I fear Woodward is too arrogant to admit his mistake and would rather sack Jose than admit he fecked up.
Think there is now a war going on between him and Jose and it is to the detriment of the club. He has too much control on who we buy.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Someone on MUTV has sent a text in saying the day of the big striker is over. Cannot argue, most teams have smaller, mobile strikers now.
Yeah, mobility is massive. To be fair, Lukaku is quite mobile for his size, but it's pointless anyway if he can't receive a ball or finish a chance.

I want someone zippy and with great technique.

Fer

I wasn't able to watch the game. What formation did we use?

Kearnkoff69

Spurs didn't sign anyone in the Summer but instead of turning the club into a toxic wasteland Pochettino got on with producing a well coached, cohesive and structured team. Utd had a good go at them in the first half, like a lower level team, nothing solid behind it, and as soon as energy levels dropped and the game settled there was only one team that looked like an actual team.

Yes, we need better players but we also need a manager who understands that spending money is not the only way to improve the team.
Bingo. People will tell you that they have a superior talent level, but those are the same people who, even as recent as last season, probably said “lads, it’s fecking Tottenham. We’ll beat them handily.”

singhters

Agree with all the lukaku comments i got slated on another thread saying he wasn't top quality, he's the type of player that given 3 chances he will score 1 out of 3 if even that.

minoo-utd

It was there for all to see.

Matic almost cost us a goal. Static, slow, almost jogging up and down.

Phil Jones. One penalty incident. Totally lost Kane. Several times when he was out of position. I think at least six or seven passes to DDG. Injured.

Pogba. Strolling around. Nonchalant. Ineffective.

Fred. Lost possession several times. Liability.

Lukaku. Missed an open goal. Clumsy. Ineffective.

Lindelöf. Sell, not good enough. Should be ashamed of himself.

These where the worst but the others didn’t exactly cover themselves in glory. Second half was a nightmare.

Mourinho. Probably lost the dressing room. Out of attacking ideas.

Woodward. An idiot. Hate him.
And how can we fix all of that? We are in a real crisis now.

Sparky Rhiwabon

We’ve got no established system, as Nev says. Every successful team knows how they are supposed to play. We change the system and / or the personnel on a weekly basis. Chaos.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Bingo. People will tell you that they have a superior talent level, but those are the same people who, even as recent as last season, probably said “lads, it’s fecking Tottenham. We’ll beat them handily.”
i said last season that spurs were a better side (with a better squad) than us and got abused. the truth is now out there!

Patrick08

Apparently Lucas Moura was not good enough for us and Woodward and were dreaming of Bale type super star.

Sentient Meat

I get those who are disillusioned with Martial, but it must be frustrating for him to see players with half his technical ability get into the game every week no matter what, however poorly they might play.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
So is everyone now agreed that third season Jose is an actual thing?

Slevs

I'm sorry, which top players?? De Gea and all the overrated players??
DDG - World class
Valencia - Right winger turned RB. 33, not productive.
Jones - No comment
Smalling - See Jones
Bailly - potential is there but too many mistakes. Needs to be 3rd choice.
Lindeloff - See Bailly
Shaw - Starting to show promise this season but terrible before
Pogba - Instagram>Football
Fred - Too early
Ander - Tight passer but genuinely low quality player
Mata - little child brushed off by the wind
Martial - anelka sulk mk2 but without the productivity
Sanchez - not showing his class in a disfunctional team
Lukaku - good but not world class
Lingard - squad player, not first 11 quality
Rashford - see lingard

World class players indeed.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I think most of the football was entertaining. The team looked like it was clicking at times but they missed some glorious chances, and when Kane scored, mostly against the run of play (maybe a slight disservice), it just seemed the result was inevitable.

Shaw was very good though, and the fight was there from everyone until the end.

Disappointing result, but nowhere near the worst I've seen.

There's still a lot of work to do for Mourinho, hope he can continue it..:nervous:
I was watching a different match.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Have a feeling Matic is still not 100%. Feels like he was rushed back to be honest.

minoo-utd

early prediction for next weekend: Burnley 1 Utd 0
We really can not afford that. Please third defeat in row in 4 games means we will be battling to only be in the top half maximum. Hope we can win i dont know how though?

Slevs

He did buy Bailly and Lindelof.
Obertan, Bebe, Buttner, etc.

Managers buy flops all the time, thing is Fergie had a world class 11 to rely on if things went sour with transfers.

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 514 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham
  • 15% Man Utd 1:0 Tottenham