PL D FA Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Fri, 19 June 2020

RedRob

"I believe. I believe there will be more. T
If we don't get CL, an away draw at Spurs won't be the result we're kicking ourselves over.
That said, disappointing. Can't get De Gea too much stick for the goal after his worldie three minutes, especially since Maguire sold him down the river for it. There's a good team in there - better finishing and we'd be dancing in the streets right now.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Disappointed we didn't win that. Gave away a sloppy goal with about 5 players at fault just as we were having a few chances.

Other than the 10/15 minutes when our heads went down a bit we dominated the game. Kane didn't have a sniff.
Looked a little rusty but looked better when Pogba and Greenwood replaced ineffective James and Fred who had one of his lesser matches.

Really looking forward to seeing Pogba and Fernandes combine when we're more match fit.

FerociousCorgis

Not sure how people think we deserved the win. We had one shot on target other than the penalty. They had one shot on target as well.

Tottenham cut through our midfield with ease to get near our box. We were fortunate that Lamela had such a bad final ball or they could have a one-on-one with De Gea three times tonight.

They only played defensive for ten minutes or so, but adapted well to Pogba. But, you cannot consistently stop a player of Pogba's quality.

Rashford was pretty anonymous, McTominay was awful, Maguire was poor, De Gea poor, Shaw was not great.
Not true at all. Rashford had his good chance to score right before the first waterbreak and then martial had loris save his great left foot chance. So that's two on target already ha. Plus spurs had their goal plus son's chance so that's two at least for them ha

SirScholes

Yup. How the same fans that give Pogba a hard time don’t jump all over Martial I will never know.

I bet Bruno would prefer it if Tony just wore an opposition shirt so he could focus more easily on the willing runners in the team.
I don’t even want to compare him, he is an absolute passenger and gets by because his competition is so so bad (lingard pereria)
He has greenwood and ighalo now though and both would contribute more

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Disappointed we didn't win that. Gave away a sloppy goal with about 5 players at fault just as we were having a few chances.

Other than the 10/15 minutes when our heads went down a bit we dominated the game. Kane didn't have a sniff.
Looked a little rusty but looked better when Pogba and Greenwood replaced ineffective James and Fred who had one of his lesser matches.

Really looking forward to seeing Pogba and Fernandes combine when we're more match fit.
Agree with this, Greenwood and to start now and bring James on against tired legs when maybe he can run in behind more.

Pogba again class.

Edy2

You can't play 2 slow CBs.

Lindelof isn't good enough.

Harry is slow but at least he can carry the ball and he heads everything around him.
Very true. Need to start bailly for one of those surely, probably lindelof who is a very average defender really.

SirAnderson

Okay now that I'm slightly bit calmer. While we should have won. A draw away is not the end of the world if we can take maximum points from at least 7 of our last 8 games.
Still, hurts to know it was our fault for drawing, Spurs weren't in this game, we let them.

Untd55

Not true at all. Rashford had his good chance to score right before the first waterbreak and then martial had loris save his great left foot chance. So that's two on target already ha. Plus spurs had their goal plus son's chance so that's two at least for them ha
Fair enough, I forgot about those. The point still stands for those.

OLLY ORANGE

Bruno is a a gem. Man of the match easily.
How lucky we are to get him after all the dithering the season before in whether to get him or not. Recruitment have a word.
His demeanour and attitude is just whst the club needs.
Best signing we've made for ages.

Reddevildans

Considering the break theres been it was a pretty good performance. Lacked creativity especially in the first half and it would have been harsh if we had lost it. Apart from that Son chance cant remember them causing us too many problems. Dan james and that right hand side just reeks. We definitely need someone with more flare on the right and that relationship between rb and rw needs to be much better.

Fernandes once again oozed class. I just love his risk taking. Cant remember a player since Veron who wants to play the ball that counts so often. I'm sure Rashford and Martial will improve. They had an off game.

SteveW

First game was always gonna be tough. We were better than Spurs. Take De Gea out and we win.

Some great signs when we got our more technical players on. That front 6 has huge potential imo once they play more together.

dogwithabone

Both sides looked poor I thought, which was to be expected I guess. Happy enough not to lose.
God knows how you thought we were poor. After 100 odd days without football that was a great performance away at one of the big sides. We dominated that game and we’re denied by a bit of wayward finishing and probably one of the saves of the season. Not sure what game you were watching.

SirAnderson

We really need to work on our finishing.
Rash, Martial and Greenwood had good chances. 1 poor first touch, other though was a worldie from Lloris, and Greenwood rushing it.

PitTon

Ole came up with different formations when we defended (4231) and when we were in possession (3412 which James and Shaw as wb. It didn't work and we didn't have any ideas to attack. I know James has plenty of pace, but lack a lots else. The way he give time and space for defenders when the whole team tried to press, the final ball ( especially when Rashy unmarked in the box and he overcrossed it) Should be 1 up easily. Greenwood without pace but having a lots more to offer. As others mentioned, the game had been different with him and Pogba coming in earlier.

Nep77

One game after 3 months and already I see Ole isn't good enough and so and so needs to be sold. They arent robots out there and this aint FIFA.

MUFromLTU

How can anyone put Luke Shaw in their first 11????

Hope he never plays a game for us again and is sold for any amount of money in the summer window. Who would even want to buy him?

James and Shaw were awful today.

Best 11

Romero
AWB Lindelof Maguire Williams
Pogba Anyone
James Fernandes Rashford
Martial/Ighalo

Next season

Romero/Henderson
AWB Signing Maguire Signing
Pogba Anyone
Sancho Fernandes Rashford
Martial/Signing
Shaw vs Davies today, comparing them as they play same position.
Key passes: 2 vs 0
Pass %: 81 vs 74
Ariels won: 2 vs 1
Successful dribbles: 3 vs 1
Unsuccessful dribbles: 1 vs 1

I've actually put him 4th highest in the scout report, behind Fernandes, Pogba and Maguire.

EngimaMK

De Gea - didn't have much to do but fecked up one of the big chances he should've saved 4
Wan Bissaka - Tried hard but showed how poverty of attacking intent 5
Harry Maguire - Good at what he does but caught out against a player with pace AGAIN 5
Lindelof - Decent back up defender but not good enough to be starting eleven 5
Shaw - A little sloppy at times but compared to AWB on the other side, he showed plenty of intent and full of exuberance 7
Fred - Energy but to little affect 6
McTominay - can see why he started as he's super fit but ultimately poor in terms of attacking and defensive contribution
Fernandes - Clearly the most threatening of our MF but looked frustrated and started using optimistic, speculative attempts. Could've been much better with more quality around him 7.5
James - Industrious but ultimately ineffective 5
Martial - totally absent. Yes, not much service but was invisible 4
Rashford - wanted to be involved but was ultimately rusty and ineffective 6

Won't rate all the subs but Pogba changed the game and looked decent. Should start the next game

slyadams

Get Greenwood and Pogba on from the start and this side has some potential to go on a run here.

sport2793

God knows how you thought we were poor. After 100 odd days without football that was a great performance away at one of the big sides. We dominated that game and we’re denied by a bit of wayward finishing and probably one of the saves of the season. Not sure what game you were watching.
I would go with good instead of great performance but otherwise I agree with this post wholeheartedly.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
How do you feel about the type of football Jose is forcing Spurs to play?
At the moment its all about results so im fine with it as long as we get points. He needs a summer to sign players and a full preseason then i hope so see more progressive play.

SirScholes

Overall fairly happy with the performance by most against a decent team away

Not sure what happened in the last 8 minutes where every player turned into a headless chicken, a calmer head would of got us in on goal.
Bruno and pogba showed that being the smarter of our players

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Slow start to be expected, we played well in the second half against a parked bus. I'd have taken a draw before the game.

BlahRules

We needed Ighalo for the last 10 mins to play off but instead OGS thinking of defending the draw.

Gasolin

Today I remembered why I thought Pogba was our best player and should be the key player of Manchester United. He was phenomenal when he had the ball.

SirAnderson

We were not poor over 90mins, but poor mistakes in few moments still cost us.

On the whole we were okay, we were but like you said, it was wayward/poor finish, as well as a mistake from both Maguire and then De Gea, which in truth was poor, but on the whole, it was a decent performance.
More a case of us shooting ourselves in the foot and not taking our chances.

slyadams

How can anyone put Luke Shaw in their first 11????

Hope he never plays a game for us again and is sold for any amount of money in the summer window. Who would even want to buy him?

James and Shaw were awful today.

Best 11

Romero
AWB Lindelof Maguire Williams
Pogba Anyone
James Fernandes Rashford
Martial/Ighalo

Next season

Romero/Henderson
AWB Signing Maguire Signing
Pogba Anyone
Sancho Fernandes Rashford
Martial/Signing
And yet James is in your first 11. I think Shaw did ok today. He turned his man 2 or 3 times and put a few good balls in. A little rusty going backwards.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Sky turned into MUTV tonight. The most biased commentary and pundits I've seen in a long time. Absolutely vomit inducing.

sport2793

Also should mention that the worst part of our team, the RW position, will be the first position fixed in the summer by you know who, so definitely promising signs on the whole.

Glorio

Ole is really bad with tactics, why do u play James when Spurs in tight and compact? It is like giving the other team a handicap for 60 mins. Brainless manager!

You'd do better, would you? It's still a game against a very dangerous side with 2 of the best attackers in the league back (and supposedly fresh) from injury. It's a perfectly valid approach to start with. I'd only heard of the legendary meltdowns on here prior to now .... Saw them first hand today! Hahaha!

Member 90887

The positive I will take from this game is that it is a good thing that we feel disappointed with a draw away at spurs.

And obviously, it settles the 'can Pogba play with Fernandes? ' question. They should start together each game for the rest of the season. Especially since we won't play any top 6 team again bar LCFC.

Steamboat Willy

Decent game. Rashy and James was poor though.

We we’re the better team in both halfs IMO. De Gea should have saved that one, and in the games to come, Rashford, Martial and Bruno are gonna score on the chances, they had in The first half as well.

ColvaleGoa

A fully fit Rashford finishes off the Pogba chance. Same with Martial,,need game time. Today will help and it also showed glimpses of what could be. Spurs will struggle looks like to win every match from now on.

Do we give DeGea the excuse of rustiness , as outfield players are allowed to be rusty?

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 55% of 301 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 336 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw