PL D FA Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Fri, 19 June 2020

Neo_Mufc

Pogba changed the game. Fair result overall but if we had got the goal earlier we would have nicked it.

We were way too tepid in the first half.

sport2793

If we don't get CL, an away draw at Spurs won't be the result we're kicking ourselves over.
That said, disappointing. Can't get De Gea too much stick for the goal after his worldie three minutes, especially since Maguire sold him down the river for it. There's a good team in there - better finishing and we'd be dancing in the streets right now.
Na DDG should have made both saves, the Son save was made to look better than it actually was because of the acrobatic way he dove for it.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Sorry mate, usually it's the other way around, hard to explain.
It's quite incredible though, they hardly mentioned spurs at all throughout the game and if I didn't know better id think Utd won the game the way everyone is talking after the match.

DevilRed

The positive I will take from this game is that it is a good thing that we feel disappointed with a draw away at spurs.

And obviously, it settles the 'can Pogba play with Fernandes? ' question. They should start together each game for the rest of the season. Especially since we won't play any top 6 team again bar LCFC.
Standards have definitely risen lately!

On paper we have a decent team, and while we only saw around 30 minutes of Pogba/Bruno combo, what a "debut" that was for them. Changed the match entirely and obviously got us the equaliser.

Should have got the winner but Mason was a little rusty!!!

Consistency is the key with this team. Can we get all our players performing and up to proper fitness again? Hopefully by the next match we will see a sharper team. Had plenty of chances we didn't put away even against a team that sat back.

diarm

Pogba starts, Greenwood starts and next year, Henderson starts.

sport2793

It's quite incredible though, they hardly mentioned spurs at all throughout the game and if I didn't know better id think Utd won the game the way everyone is talking after the match.
If it makes you feel better, I feel disappointed in the result (doesn't feel like a win), although now that I think about it, that may also not make you feel better.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Looked very rusty to start off with as expected but we gradually grew into the game. It's just a shame that it cost us in the first half.

Pogba changed the game when he come on.

G-manc

Glad for the point in the end but the same issues still exist. De Gea errors, Lindelof clearly shouldn't be a long term starter, James zero quality and both full backs so poor offensively. In AWB's defence, at least he's generally sound positionally unlike Shaw.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's arguably our toughest remaining league game out the way, and you can't knock a 1-1 after being behind for so long.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
How can anyone put Luke Shaw in their first 11????

Hope he never plays a game for us again and is sold for any amount of money in the summer window. Who would even want to buy him?

James and Shaw were awful today.

Best 11

Romero
AWB Lindelof Maguire Williams
Pogba Anyone
James Fernandes Rashford
Martial/Ighalo

Next season

Romero/Henderson
AWB Signing Maguire Signing
Pogba Anyone
Sancho Fernandes Rashford
Martial/Signing
What game were you watching? Shaw was our best defender today.

People keep going on and on about Williams being better for attacks, but he's not as good as Shaw in defending which everybody loves to overlook.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If it makes you feel better, I feel disappointed in the result (doesn't feel like a win), although now that I think about it, that may also not make you feel better.
Neither of us will be satisfied with the draw although it probably suits you guys better than us.

SirAnderson

Also crap that they had 2 United former players in studio. Usually the do 1 former player from each team.

big rons sovereign

Jose moaning about the ref. Apart from the pen incidents, moss gave every little thing spurs way. How can he possibly moan?

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Coming back and climbing to 4th would have been nice but there’s enough there to suggest we can still do it the long way.

padzilla

Hipster
DDG is a massive liability and has been for a while. You would expect him to save Son’s header and he did. You would expect even a Sunday league keeper to stop the shot they scored from. I would rather have a decent reliable keeper who gets beaten by world class shots than a keeper who makes flashy saves for the camera and gets beaten by a shot that any goalkeeper would be humiliated at conceding. It’s the difference between Van der Sar and Mark Bosnich / Tim Howard.

Irwin99

Didn't see the game but a point at probably the second hardest game left of the season is not at all bad. Top 4 is very realistic looking at the run in and anything else has be a disappointment.

passing-wind

Poor team selection, can't blame De Gea entirely it's woeful defending from our 80 million professional. I don't see why Maguire when marking that run is showing Bergweign (I know) the inside towards goal, it's calamitous defending completely brain dead moment.

Get In Scholesy

Aside from everything else that has been mentioned previously, I'm just surprised we struggled getting through a side that had Eric Dier as centre back and the only moment we got through was when our World Class Substitute easily dribbled past him.

It goes to show the lack of conviction from our play and that is what separates mediocre sides from good sides.

It still feel like 2 points dropped, but that is mainly due to Tottenham hardly creating anything outside the counter and some good saves from Lloris. Otherwise they were poor and we still couldn’t take advantage.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Lots of positives, but main thing in this game is the goal keepers made the difference, 2 big saves by Lloris while on the other side DDG made a mistake, I'm optimistic about the team overall.

Kag

Tell you what, Spurs fans are in for a tough, old time.

Negative and dour. Buckle in, chaps.

Toad

Mourinho contradicting himself in post match interview.

I’m not happy with the first penalty because of the VAR, it’s not the refs faults because these things happen.

im not happy with the second penalty because of the ref, he gave a cheap pen and VAR got it right...

Make your mind up, which one? :lol:

AndyMUFC

Deserved a point, we only conceded through another poor De Gea mistake and had to attack with 11 behind the ball.

Pogba made a big difference and him and Greenwood should definitely play Wednesday.

Dan_F

I really enjoyed that, thought it was pretty open at the end, but it could just be because we haven’t played for so long. I was bored with all the other games I’ve watched so far, but wasn’t bothered tonight.

Rashford staying on the pitch was a weird one, he looked completely shot midway into the second half. I was fully expecting him to come off and Martial to go on the left. Also, I’ve got no idea what that weird defence of SMT, Matic and Maguire was all about.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Jose saying Dier was perfect. When he was ours, he was always happy to dig out any and every player for anything.

What Jose did tonight was what annoyed me when he was our manager. 1-0 up and shut up shop, no desire to get a second and kill it off.

Suv666

Decent game. Pogba and Bruno were bright. Dan James isn't ready, bring him on 80th minute but he shouldnt be anywhere near the starting 11. A point away at Spurs, not a bad result at all.

OleBoiii

Frustrating game that we should have won, but the covid-19 break has been disruptive.

Pogba must start next game. As must Greenwood. I don't care about defending anymore.

McTominay was out best player.

MonkeysMagic

I'm absolutely convinced that Maguire-Tuanzebe partnership in defence is the best combination we have. Williams will be the LB next season as Shaw simply lacks awareness and stamina to play the role. And we def need a quality out-an-out striker, Martial is just too hit and miss and should have pushed on this season but hasn't taken his opp to cement his place as a starting striker.

PoTMS

Tell you what, Spurs fans are in for a tough, old time.

Negative and dour. Buckle in, chaps.
Today convinced me that Spurs will miss out on Europe altogether next season.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 55% of 301 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 336 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw