PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:6 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Sun, 04 October 2020

Kostov

I know it goes beyond that but what about that fecking ref? How can he rewatch that and only send off martial? He should have been chased out of the stadium.

ReallyUSA

Didn't watch the game but managed to see Tony's booking and it was never a red.

No matter that, we still would've been slapped, just hate it when such a clear and obvious error occurs. Either show them both yellow or send off both, no in-between.

Other than that, thankfully we have 2 weeks to prepare now.
He can't get emotional like that. Too fecking easy.

RedorDead21

I've decided to think of the positives
That dot represents kick-off from the centre spot

GarrinchaNZ

40 years I have been following this club.
What to say?
"Shame...shame....shame..." springs to mind.

Not since the bleak, dystopin days of Margaret Thatcher has the Northwest of England felt so gloomy.
Glazernomics have laid bare the rot at this once mighty club.
Profit over football...school boy transfer policy - infantile and just plain head scratching. etc etc.

If this is the nonsense I have to endure for the rest of 2020 then I may have to hang up my scarf and retire.

Spark

Solskjaer came across like the Norwegian Mike Bassett in that Sky Sports interview.

Think we’re fecked lads. Long old season coming up. Bet against United in your accumulators.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
As bad as it sounds this is probably the best thing that's happened to us in a long time. We've been papering over cracks for a decade now. Today's performance has to have repercussions from the top all the way down. The spotlight is definitely on the club now like never before and if todays results brings changes I'll take it all day long.

tombombadil

I know it goes beyond that but what about that fecking ref? How can he rewatch that and only send off martial? He should have been chased out of the stadium.
I totally agree. It was a horrible decision from the VAR. I can understand the ref not seeing it, but VAR was disgusting. No excuses for the spineless performance from the players but the VAR screwed up big time.

MrBest

Seriously, That first 11 should be doing a lot better and that is down to Ole coaching. I get we have no depth but from the second minute, we were awful and switched off. What on earth do these guys do all week. Spurs played 4 games in 7 days and destroyed us. We can blame the board all we want, and rightly so, but we cannot shy away from the fact we are poorly coached, there is no hunger from the players and we have zero identity. I just looks at leeds, leicester, Everton as tiny examples, good managers that came in recently and have got more out of there team than ole does.

Red00012

So martial is out for 3 games , Cavani better be in Carrington tomorrow morning

HarryRedCrumbs

Exactly. Utd played like clowns but Lamela should have had his head drop-kicked over the Stretford end for behaving like that. The Premiership is utterly gone. ...or I'm just too old. Someone take me back to 1990 please...

Reactions: Sultan

Roboc7

Sack Ole, sack Jose, sack LVG, sack Moyes, the Glazers must love some of you lot.
Actually Glazers would love people who want to stick with Ole, that’s the dream keep letting people spend money and just keep everything ticking over. They don’t need or want to be popular to collect a dividend.

We’ve been an embarrassment in all three league games, Ole takes all the blame for that. We can excuse not competing for title club but not a shambles.

Alek M

Da manic one
Let's not overreact. We played well in the first 25 min or so. Threatening. Great attacking play.

Let's not get carried away with this anti Ole sentiment. Sometimes you just jave off games.

Baily is a calamity. We need a strong CB such a Umpamecano,Koluibaly. Maguire is just too slow.

That penalty was a disgrace. Lamela deserves Yellow for the initial hit and another yellow for simulation.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Ole and Ed should go now! But nothing will happen. They will just go on as usual!
It's actually the Glazers and Ed who should go. Have owners who understand what this club is about and firstly, Ole would never have got the job full time

ReallyUSA

Let's not overreact. We played well in the first 25 min or so. Threatening. Great attacking play.

Baily is a calamity. We need a strong CB such a Umpamecano,Koluibaly. Maguire is just too slow.

That penalty was a disgrace. Lamela deserves Yellow for the initial hit and another yellow for simulation.
If losing 2-1 is playing well we have lost it

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

What penalty was a disgrace? Both were nailed on

CG1010

Solskjaer came across like the Norwegian Mike Bassett in that Sky Sports interview.

Think we’re fecked lads. Long old season coming up. Bet against United in your accumulators.
What did our (soon to be ex-) manager say?

lilcurt

As bad as it sounds this is probably the best thing that's happened to us in a long time. We've been papering over cracks for a decade now. Today's performance has to have repercussions from the top all the way down. The spotlight is definitely on the club now like never before and if todays results brings changes I'll take it all day long.
It won't, they will make a couple of signing and then talk them up for a week during the international break.

tjb

This is the fear I had with this young inexperienced coaching staff. Credit to Ole, he has proven himself tactically and has shown he can create a working system. But the lack of fitness in the players and the talk of systematic inadequacies screams of a lack of preparation for the new season. Too many players look disoriented and unfit. By end of day tommorow, I honestly believe we would have a squad with the ability to challenge for the league and it is an accomplishment that Ole brought us that far. However, I believe that we may now need to hire a manager that can take us there. In addition, Ole leaving would give us route to getting a director of football. We would have the talent within the squad already to perform in most games, so it would reduce the pressure on the new manager and director of football to manage a rebuild. We no longer need to rebuild. We now need to challenge.

elnorte

Freaky fly day

Let's not get carried away with this anti Ole sentiment. Sometimes you just jave off games.

No. Even Shaw admitted we were poor in the lead up to the sending off and Gary kept pushing the point throughout.

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 426 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham
  • 15% Man Utd 1:1 Tottenham