PL W FA Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 11 April 2021

zizou81

No tofu soup or Korean BBQ for you tonight Sonny
Some posts, tweets etc by so called united fans are embarrassing and racists. Im sorry, very happy for the win, but very embarrassed to be a united fan at all the racism towards Son. Its not like he made the refs stupid call.

Someone needs to call these so called man united fans out for being racist on social media. Shame on you.

DON’T PANIC ™

Did anyone else think when Bale came on at 1-2 that he was destined to score given all the reported links to Utd in the past?
He really had no impact when he came on.
It was great to see us defending a lead more on the front foot for a change rather than trying to hold out with 11 men behind the ball.

Suedesi

Some posts, tweets etc by so called united fans are embarrassing and racists. Im sorry, very happy for the win, but very embarrassed to be a united fan at all the racism towards Son. Its not like he made the refs stupid call.

Someone needs to call these so called man united fans out for being racist on social media. Shame on you.
I'm sorry what racism are you talking about? Christ on a bike.

tomaldinho1

Did anyone else think when Bale came on at 1-2 that he was destined to score given all the reported links to Utd in the past?
It was great to see us defending a lead more on the front foot for a change rather than trying to hold out with 11 men behind the ball.
I didn’t even realise he was on, literally was just killing time before the Masters. D

Suedesi

We received 5 yellow cards in that game, I don't remember it being a dirty game at all.

Same on Thursday, a handful of yellow cards in a game which wasn't the least bit dirty.
It wasn't a dirty game at all, I think we were just a bit miffed after Cavani's goal was called off and a few of the fouls happened immeditely after that.

No issues with Maguire's yellow he diliied on the ball and Kane picked his pocket.

Suedesi

Nah - he's been massively overrated on these shores, so much so that random pundits been blurting that Bale won all those CL for Real Madrid and Zidane had an irrational hatred of Bale.

If only Bale could come back to the PL where he'd be properly loved and appreciated.

Well he is now in the PL. What's the result been?

Bale can't get a game for Spurs, whereas Real Madrid without massive upgrades are fighting for La Liga and the CL yet again. I certainly see Madrid likely to reach the final and wouldn't be surprised if they win it again.

El Zoido

Watching this on MOTD, our goals were so good. What a great performance in the second half.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I didn't saw the game. What happened with Son?
He was violently attacked.

Just kidding, McTominays fingers hit his face when McTominay was running away from him and Son fell to the ground in PAIN, rolling around and pretending to be in serious distress. Somewhere Eric Cantona is disgusted.

We have gone from this:

To This:

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Re-watched our goals at least 10 times now. Such a fantastic second half & result.

Ibrahimorich

I am so glad we beat these cheating cnuts. I haven't felt such a sense of injustice at a game of football since the last time we played them and they fecking cheated us.

I was absolutely fuming, I had to turn the telly off. feck Spurs. feck Mourinho and feck Son. cnuts.

Pogba and Cavani were brilliant. Revenge is oh so sweet and made all the sweeter by them cheating again and still getting WHOOPED!

PS Feck Son.

Amen

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Does anyone have a clip of Shaw rejecting Jose's embrace? Only read about it.

tayside red

Bale's finished as a top player
Son needs to take a good look at himself, however I blame the Ref for an awful decision
Maguire needs to learn when to bang it in to row Z and when to try and beat a player (not Kane)
Thought we were great today

Loon

:lol:
Be sweeter still if this torpedoes their European chances and sends Kane out the door.

city-puma

I thought Gary Neville's reading of the game was wrong when he highlighted why United always come from behind to win games. Yes, we created little in the first 30 minutes, but we were not in overwhelming danger either. We actually then scored, only for it to be disallowed.

I thought the second half performance was exceptional. There was a character in the team that was not there 18 months to 2 years ago. To have provided such a positive reaction to a dubious decision (to say the least), shows the progress that is being made.

This was encapsulated by the movement, the interchanging and quick passing of the midfield. Pogba's performance was exceptional. He lead the charge and showed the way and produced a performance that MourInho could only dream of getting out him.

Introducing Greenwood during the latter part of the game was a masterstroke. His energy, enthusiasm and abilty to pay attention to the spaces where he could do damage to Tottenham and settled the match.

Excellent effort and we must ry to maintain this consistency for the rest of the season.
Spot on.
I think we started not very well today has a big part due to the lack of preparation due to the away game in Spain. Ole said we only got back Friday afternoon and prepared only though video analysis.

GueRed

not surprised these days tbh.

doesnt mean i hate racists less so mind

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Reguilon got absolutely done twice for goals.

Bruno stuck it through his legs for Cavani's and Greenwood left him in the dust with a stepover.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Its hard to fully describe the feelings from today's performance without writing a short story. Under Ferguson we'd get quite used to these displays where it's almost too much to take in on first viewing. We'd see half a dozen or more a season without fail. Just a brilliant display of football where we've made a statement that we're not to be messed with or written off. That we're just a bit better.

They've been few and far between in recent seasons but we've had quite a few lately and it's another one today where, yes it's only one game and 3 points, but it feels like another step forward for this team. A statement. A powerful performance full of quality throughout the team.

There's something to be said about almost every player today. Best saved for the performance threads, but we looked like a strong football team. Mentally willing and able to overcome a setback and simply refuse to lose this game. We saw how much it meant to them all. They care and its brilliant to see that again.

There's a lot of talk from some about how entertaining we are and how well we are coached. How good our manager is and whether our style can continue to propel us forwards. What we saw today was clear evidence of all of those things, but it can be written off as a good day and we might even be poor next weekend. What doesn't get mentioned enough though, and what has become a largely unnoticed constant this season, is that we have evolved to the point where we are now playing almost every game on our terms. This is an opponent that had a week to prepare with a manager that knows us very well. My fear before this game was that they would simply outwork us like Leicester did and we would struggle to cope with that. We were wise to it and we didn't allow it to happen.

I'm absolutely buzzing after this one, and it's great to see the Cafe in such a positive mood. This team are going places and we are going to be formidable next season.

Scholes_boi

McTominay has a very intellectual and strong mind. That interview after the match was amazing. He didn't get involved in any media spin, knew exactly what to say and said it very fast. I honestly think he would be our best candidate for captain in a year or two - he's a great player, strong willed, dishes out what he receives, level-headed in interviews and has a commanding presence on the pitch.

Wewinsoon

Nah - he's been massively overrated on these shores, so much so that random pundits been blurting that Bale won all those CL for Real Madrid and Zidane had an irrational hatred of Bale.

If only Bale could come back to the PL where he'd be properly loved and appreciated.

Well he is now in the PL. What's the result been?

Bale can't get a game for Spurs, whereas Real Madrid without massive upgrades are fighting for La Liga and the CL yet again. I certainly see Madrid likely to reach the final and wouldn't be surprised if they win it again.
Bale was important in some of those CL, had they won some without Bale most likely, they have had a strong team for years and barca looks way weaker now

Cantonagotmehere

Its hard to fully describe the feelings from today's performance without writing a short story. Under Ferguson we'd get quite used to these displays where it's almost too much to take in on first viewing. We'd see half a dozen or more a season without fail. Just a brilliant display of football where we've made a statement that we're not to be messed with or written off. That we're just a bit better.

They've been few and far between in recent seasons but we've had quite a few lately and it's another one today where, yes it's only one game and 3 points, but it feels like another step forward for this team. A statement. A powerful performance full of quality throughout the team.

There's something to be said about almost every player today. Best saved for the performance threads, but we looked like a strong football team. Mentally willing and able to overcome a setback and simply refuse to lose this game. We saw how much it meant to them all. They care and its brilliant to see that again.

There's a lot of talk from some about how entertaining we are and how well we are coached. How good our manager is and whether our style can continue to propel us forwards. What we saw today was clear evidence of all of those things, but it can be written off as a good day and we might even be poor next weekend. What doesn't get mentioned enough though, and what has become a largely unnoticed constant this season, is that we have evolved to the point where we are now playing almost every game on our terms. This is an opponent that had a week to prepare with a manager that knows us very well. My fear before this game was that they would simply outwork us like Leicester did and we would struggle to cope with that. We were wise to it and we didn't allow it to happen.

I'm absolutely buzzing after this one, and it's great to see the Cafe in such a positive mood. This team are going places and we are going to be formidable next season.
Great post mate, enjoy it.

littleman

McTominay has a very intellectual and strong mind. That interview after the match was amazing. He didn't get involved in any media spin, knew exactly what to say and said it very fast. I honestly think he would be our best candidate for captain in a year or two - he's a great player, strong willed, dishes out what he receives, level-headed in interviews and has a commanding presence on the pitch.
He is already our most even tempered player now and does a great job speaking to media. If not for age/experience, he’s probably the best choice for captain from a PR POV in the team today.

MattJ166

Hendo has clearly been taking tips from big Dave on how to save with his feet. Great performance all round

tomaldinho1

So true about the Cafe being in a good mood. This is why it’s clear, to me, most people are level headed in their various praise or criticism of United - everyone has preferences on how a team should play and some people might just want to vent or moan sometimes but a good performance like that brings a smile to everyones’ faces. So many good performances, a collectors item with Fred scoring and a real sense of karma after their shitty goal. Add in the weird Mou & fathers for justice versus Ole post match and it’s got the added spice as well.

PieCrust

Cavani continues to show what it means to have a real #9. Not one of Martial, Greenwood or Rashford are able to score that goal, mostly because none of them are a proper striker. With Cavani almost sure to leave this summer, when does the fantasy end that there is a striker on this squad?

Scholes_boi

Cavani continues to show what it means to have a real #9. Not one of Martial, Greenwood or Rashford are able to score that goal, mostly because none of them are a proper striker. With Cavani almost sure to leave this summer, when does the fantasy end that there is a striker on this squad?
I agree, and it's a shame that he will. I can only hope that champions league football and a strong base team for the league next year is enough for him to stay. Proper No9 strikers tend to float around top teams all the time. it's a shame he's at the twilight of his careers though. Wish we would have had either him or Ibra back at the time they first joined PSG.

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 51% of 426 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 401 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw