PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:2 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Sat, 12 March 2022

MonkeysMagic

Ultimately thos game prob won't count for much given the games and opp Arse have to play against but always good to beat spuds!

There are fundamental issues with this team which are not going to be resolved this season so just have to accept that. Some confidence for Atletico game but if we play like we did today were as good as out!

RedIan

Thank god for Ronaldo. Generally a shocking defensive performance. We were carved open on every spurs attack.
we played some decent stuff at times going forward and Ronaldo back on fire at last.
Freds best game of the season, looked lively and moved the ball forward well.
Rashford looked lost, anonymous and then just seemed to completely loose interest 2nd half. sancho decent game.

i think we missed Bruno’s energy.

valuable 3 points.

united for life

Good win, takes us up to 4th - for now.

ronaldo, what a leader. He’s class. Sancho and Fred has good games too.

our defense continues to be worrying. Maguire can’t seem to get a break

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just voted on the United app and 1% have so far voted Maguire as MOTM :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't say our fans don't have a sense of humour!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Entertaining game, though only because we gifted them two goals. They didn't really threaten much beyond that, they had a lot of touches around the box but didn't create much.

Possibly Fred's best game for us. Wish he played like that all the time. It's incredible how he can look like our best and worst player in the space of a week.

Apart from Telles high-fiving the ball, he was decent. Dalot as well, though it's just nice to see a right back who looks comfortable on the ball, so it's a low bar. Crucial goal line clearance though.

A week's rest looks to have done wonders for Ronaldo. What a performance, and not just the goals. His all round play was excellent.

Seanus

Great result and such a reminder of better days. Luckily for John Moss that his sh*t performance will be overlooked, how can he be one of the best dozen or so refs in England?

Delano

Really poor tbh but good result.

If Ronaldo had been 80% of the player he was today we'd have a lot more points from recent games.

Maybe he just needed a break after all!

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Ronnie is amazing when he isn't playing every single game.
So true. I really thought we would manage his playing time better this season. Thinking he can play every match is pretty stupid really.

I don't think we deserved to win but a great striker can be the difference in any match.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Viva Ronaldo, Fred was Immense and Gary Neville can go slip in a puddle of his own piss.

Goodnight

Wing Attack Plan R

I'm surprised they had more possession and more passes than we did. Except for a couple moments, I never felt that Spurs were on top. The penalty against Telles was bullshit. If you can give a penalty for a player who turns away from the ball, does not move towards the ball, and can't see it as it hits him, then you can give the penalty against Dier.

Fred's best game for us. I am not a fan of his but today he was key.

stu_1992

Great game to watch. A lot happening and the full range of emotions experienced. Was pretty deflated after the Maguire OG, so the Ronaldo hat trick was truly a fantastic moment. Only his second hat trick for us. The fact it was a corner made it all the sweeter too.

suheilsworld

Good game by Ronaldo, Sancho, Fred and Matic.
Mixed bag for Pogba, Maguire and Varane.
Jaded by Telles, Dalot.
Poor by Rashford.
very very imp win considering we don’t play till 2nd April and lots of the top 4 competition play between that

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Nice to get that winning feeling back. Thought we’d blown it again with that o.g., but thank God for Ronaldo. Thought Fred, Sanchez and Dalot had good games, along with Ronaldo, but still too many sloppy passes and losing the ball too easily across the park. Good morale booster for Atletico.

always_hoping

Delighted with the win as expected more points to be dropped.

Would have won more comfortably but this United side can't stop gifting goals to the opposition.

Can't beat a bit of Ronaldo magic, Fred i thought was good also and i don't often say that.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We were awful really. Every game is just a reminder of how much we need a new DM, RW and RB.

Cloud7

Didn’t get to watch the match but a great and much needed result. Really good to see Ronaldo back among the PL goals

Someone

Something
Good game and I think Ralf managed it very well.

Ronaldo was exceptional, and Fred had his best game in a united shirt. Thought most of the team played well apart from Rashford and Pogba.

Wing Attack Plan R

Big ups for Pogba too. He thrived in his freedom today. They couldn't handle him without fouling him, his skill is exceptional, some of those passes from him are just... ahh! I wish we saw this more often from him, he's a tough nut to crack, but like we've been saying since we brought him back, he just needs to be played in the right role.

cyberman

Played a lot worse than that and dropped points. Happy enough and move on

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Was kinda depressed so didn't watch the game, maybe that's what I should do from now on.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Nothing more satisfying then beating a conte team, can’t stand him! And this result shuts up the people who would of said if we didn’t win… ‘told you we should of got conte’ Ronaldo should of screamed in Romeros face after scoring. Absolute bag of shites

cyberman

God I hate Ronaldo. Obviously the difference tonight in what was a tight match.
You played well but didn’t do much with the ball. A lot of nervous Neville energy on commentary but David had little to do. A pen and an own goal.

Irwin99

Viva Ronaldo!!!! Said many times, if he can managed a bit better (e.g., not play every single match) he can still get a fair few goals. Regardless of whether signing him again was a good idea we absolutely need this guy to get top 4. Without him or with him in poor form we don't have a chance. Simple as that.

Very clinical today and i don't want to focus on the negatives as we needed that but our team is pretty fragile, especially at full back. Our midfield got a grip much better in the second but it can be cut to ribbons at times.

Would still like to see us play a 3-5-2 at some point because i think we need all the protection we can get in the big games.

bdspeedy

Cristiano, you magnificent mofo. Walking off the field with that wry, smug, confident grin. YOU TOLD US SO. GOAT.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Exceptional from Ronaldo. Fred, Sancho, Dalot decent. The rest , meh. Great to get a win before Atletico

Reynoldo

Evil head on Keano when he said you remember that talking about Romero mocking Maguire

Man of the Match

Cristiano Ronaldo image Cristiano Ronaldo 92% of 361 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 322 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw