PL L FA Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 2:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 19 August 2023

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
Tottenham 1:0 Man Utd - Sarr (49')

Tottenham 2:0 Man Utd - Martinez (83' o.g.)

the hea

Exactly the same as last season, starting of great in the first 30-40 minutes followed by a complete colapse in the second half.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Postecoglou at half time - "Lads. It's United..."

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
That second half was almost as pathetic as the Anfield one. Spurs were average to decent at best and we made them look like world beaters. An actual good side would massacre us.

Multiple fecking times where we literally let their players walk past several of ours. For that second goal, Dalot sees the man over there receiving the switch of play and literally just fecking stands there and lets him do what he wants with it.

Cloud7

Was out since lunchtime and literally just got home. Looks like missing it worked out well for me :lol:

Mike Smalling

My new hope for the season is to scrape top four and make it out of the CL group. That would be success with this lot.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Just nowhere near good enough.

Telsim

We are just...mediocre. At best. Which is quite impressive after more than a year and 400 million spent. The results are what they are, but the football barely changed, the improvement minimal. If I watched this game or the previous one without knowing, I’d guess this was under Ole or Rangnick. Right side is all defense, no attack. Left side is all attack, no defense. Midfield is a bizarre mess, and there's no striker. It's a bit telling that the best passer on the pitch is the goalkeeper.

A philosophy that is proving quite hard to discern and a badly built squad, is all. In a season where every point may prove vital, this could get out of hand fast. Arsenal game is also fast approaching. Let’s hope this improves very fast.

Delano

I see this performance constantly.

Play well for about 20 minutes, can't hit a barn door during that time. Then, proceed to play hero ball with zero composure for the rest of the game.

We cannot keep the ball for shit and our captain is the worst culprit. It's utterly pathetic to watch.

DevTheRed

I don’t get what our style of play is apart from lump it long to Rashford???

Heinzesight

Realistically we should be on zero points.

Worrying, but we can’t surely be this shit next match…can we?

We looked clueless after the denied penalty. We always seem to crumble in adversity.

FerociousCorgis

Deep breaths everyone. Someone just post a still image of the headers from rash and Bruno where both don't even hit the target.

Pughnichi

An enjoyable first half. Pretty much dominated them but same old story not taking chances. Yeah they had a 3 min spell hitting woodwork twice but I was feeling confident going in at half time.

second half and we’ve reverted back to wolves like performance. We look a mess. Horror shows all over the place. So wasteful in possession and trying to force the issue. And another team that looks stronger, more committed and more desire.

not entirely to blame but it amazes me how some (Gary Neville) refer to Bruno as our best player. yes he creates chances but he’s prime suspect for relinquishing possession. As I’m typing this twice he’s been guilty - once in a promising move going fwd and second stray passive deep in his own half. He’s a shambles at times

rewind 3 weeks and it was all so promising. Few signings in and strong rumours that Maguire, McT, Henderson, DVB were all on their way. It now seems we’re stuck with them. The club needs to act

Add to this the MG and ownership stories and were actually a right mess at the minute

Leg-End

I’m scared what will happen when we come up against someone that will play to all our weaknesses.

rajds89

They weren’t even that good, we were just worse. We seem to be saying the same thing every season. We spend fortunes and remain crap.

Kopral Jono

Coming in to the season I had genuinely thought we were a Harry Kane and a few reinforcement signings away from a title push… but nope, no chance. We're a £1bn away from a title push. Another pathetic, miserable performance.

Denis79

Should have been 2-0, 3-0 up after the first. Second half was poor from us.

RomfordRed75

Rancid performance, outplayed by a pretty poor spurs side. Arsenal will tear us to pieces in 2 weeks.

Marcelinho87

I'm starting to lean towards the "Never win a title with Fernandes" - he's a cracking player for a counter attacking side but if we're transitioning to a team which pressed and keeps the ball he costs us ALL the time.

DarkXaero

Solid first half (where we should have scored 1 at least) and then a disaster class in 2nd half. Just terrible stuff by the end.

We hammered them first half and should have been 2 or 3 up including the most obvious penalty you'll ever see. Yes, those decisions do swing games.

Spurs are nothing special but we need to address why we rolled over in the second half, mostly down to Mount's usual disappearing act and Rashford being hopeless.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Whenever we miss early chances away from home, I resign myself to an inevitable loss.

avgp_1

Abysmal 2nd half with no intensity after a much better but still shaky 1st. Deserved loss

King Eric 7

So many problems at the moment, many of them self inflicted by poor recruitment and poor team selection. We needed a different type of midfielder to Mount as a priority. Hopefully we'll still get one soon.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 282 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Tottenham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% Tottenham 1:1 Man Utd