PL L FA Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 2:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 19 August 2023

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
If we could actually finish our chances it would help...

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
2nd half was like if last week's game was against a competent opponent. Zero for everybody involved.

Westerkerk

Same shite, different game

Forwards that run into dead ends like headless chickens

Midfield ghosts

No one who can pass the ball

Mystery system from the manager who looked clueless at the end

Garbage in, garbage out I'm afraid.

Early days but essentially very worrying signs from everywhere on the pitch

JediSith

Bruno is the lukaku of number 10s. His stats plus occasional spectacular pass / goal pad his regular wastefulness over 90 , and inability to make the right pass.

When you put his pros and cons on a scale. I think the cons outweigh the pros. Don’t get me wrong. He can be spectacular and will have spectacular moments and matches.

Fergies Gum

Alarm bells were ringing after that shocking performance against Wolves. We keep playing like this and another equivalent of Liverpool 7-0 is just round the corner.

moodyred

I try to look at the positives.
We lost 4 nil to Brentford at this stage last year. So I guess there is some consistency?

My only Eric

How can a coach who’s been here for a couple weeks, spent less and lost his best player look infinitely better than you?

Godfather

Unwatchable and boring. The only thing half entertaining was just how bad the second half was. Rashford completely lost up front. Bruno with another 0/10 performance. No idea what Mount actually is meant to be and finally wingers that do nothing. Great.

podurban2

Coming in to the season I had genuinely thought we were a Harry Kane and a few reinforcement signings away from a title push… but nope, no chance. We're a £1bn away from a title push. Another pathetic, miserable performance.
I don’t think any money in the world will solve our problems unless we buy the right players.

Parma Dewol

How we never took the lead I’ll never know.

How we crumbled so completely in the second half God only knows.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
No improvement. Just a mixture of punting the ball into the air hoping it finds a red shirt, only for it to find either an opponent or go wildly out of play, and dribbling until we hit a man and get dispossessed with ease.

Everyone was equally anonymous. tumescent, aimless detritus with absolutely no quality whatsoever. You'll struggle to see a worse performance this weekend.

Winrar

This is basically last season’s game I. The same fixture, except without any goals to show for it.

Gonna be a very long season if this isthe kind of performance put in every week from us.

RedDevilRoshi

Literally a carbon copy performance from last season against a top 9 side away from home.

killerboi2

2 signings isn't enough. Need a proper clearout and proper investment in the squad. People that thought everything was going to be ok and Ten Hag was going to work miracles are delusional.

Gaidal

So that is:
no dm, no right wing, no left wing, no striker. And Martinez not looking good since his injury.

ETH has failed massively with his tactics.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Good first half. Destroyed in that opening 20 minutes of the second half. not really going anywhere this season i feel.

Garnacho was poor as well today as was Anthony. Garnacho was making the wrong decision all the time. Lost the ball for the spurs play that led to the first goal.

I just dont think we have what city have under Pep which is a will to score and win. We had three free headers today and city would have scored two of them if it were them.

Rashford has to move back to the wing and hopefully Rasmus will be fit soon enough.

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
Have to make your own luck in a game like that stand up and be counted. Bruno unfortunately had one of his games where he bottles it, and nobody made things happen. Back in training tomorrow hopefully for the lads.

message to the owners, you are killing this club, let the football people make decisions about football matters and fcuk off.

AngliaRed

30 years supporting this club and this as bad as it gets including the boardroom down to the pitch. Glazers have taken the soul of the club and its clearly rubbed off and affected the boys on the pitch.

9 mins of injury time and the team still cant be bothered to run or string 2 passes together.

Why do we look like we are running in glue whilst Spurs and Wolves look like theyre fitter and more up for it?

Betson

Pox lucky to win at home to a weak Wolves side and easily brushed aside today in the 2nd half today by a Kaneless Spurs.

Early days but the signs are not good , we are just not good enough.

We are regressing with each game and this trend started towards the end of last season.

Superunknown

I'm not seeing progression from last season. We played fairly well in the first half, but we were very poor in the second. There's no intensity when we have the ball. Everything slows down, people stop moving, and there's no urge to get to their byline or overload the box. All of these other things that various teams do, we simply don't. It generally feels like a struggle to even create chances.

I don't see how we're going to score goals, let alone actually win games. Nobody seems hungry.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Casemiro looking very old. Everybody on Spurs team had a way with him. Ten Hag will quickly regret his decision to focus on being the best transitioning team instead of exerting a lot more control in that midfield. I understand the personal doesn't necessarily scream control with players like Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro and such but he should try to force it in them.

Players simply shouldn't be allowed to be careless with the ball, it has to be a requirement for any of them to be able to complete simple passes without losing possession. Terrible performance overall.

Bestofthebest

Well at least I got the result right but not the score. Doesn’t make me feel any better though.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We are unfit. Performance wise I'm not going to panic just yet when new signings are still getting integrated. The fitness though... really, really poor. We have been slower and weaker in both our games.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 282 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Tottenham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% Tottenham 1:1 Man Utd