PL L FA Premier League

Watford 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 18 September 2016

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Don't know what's worse the first half performance of the fact that we threw away a game we looked like we were going to win

Like I said at half time feck this team, fed up of their shite now

Mark_GrumpyLion

Dire, fecking dire. We need Rooney out of the team asap, we need Pogba to move forward with two behind him to control the midfield. Get Herrera and Fellaini in there. Play with proper wingers if we can, but we don't have them so feck. Aargh.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What is going on? All that money spent and it's like we've gone nowhere. I'm starting to think we have a bunch of players who are only out for themselves.

Acquire Me

We got no balance what so ever. The ref is also a joke. That said, we deserved nothing.

DevilRed

Really disappointing. The players (outside of Rashford) just dont look up for the fight.

Fielding the likes of Fellaini in midfield will ensure you stay in midtable. He has GOT TO GO. Everything is so slow and labored.

There is still time to turn it around. Jose will need to step up to the challenge and makes some big decisions on dropping Rooney.

AndyJ1985

I stayed away from the City and Feyenoord defeats. I thought fair enough, we got beat by a better team and we didn't put i nthe effort we should have in the Europa League. But today? Unacceptable on every level. The Rooney situation is a disgrace. I've had enough of it all.

Coops73

I thought the ref had a shocker and we were shit all over the park but for me the problem is Rooney, really poor again today, and until he's gone we won't move on.

This is garbage. Humiliation; well beaten again. The players haven't a clue what they're doing, and we're now in crisis territory. The worst thing is, it's difficult to see a consistent improvement to come.

space

Wayne Rooney has to go. Simple. Atrocious. Can't have Mata, Rooney, Pogba and Zlatan all on at the same time surely? Badly need Mkhi to come back and hit the ground running. Bailly was terrible today, Smalling too. Need a player like Blind or Carrick who can read the game. Fellaini was okay but still doesn't offer much. Terrible week for us. 6 points off with Leicester coming up, sitting in 6th probably 7th soon.

Saying that, it's early days, we still have all our rivals, bar Man City, to play. We need to sort out this mess.

DDG
Mensah Bailly Smalling Shaw
Blind
Pogba Herrera
Mkhitaryan Zlatan Rashford
We have to change it up, and Martial needs a rest.

Sam M

btw, anyone who creates a ''jose out'' thread is a joker. It's really, horribly shit - no argument there, but it's still shit in september

AkaAkuma&

Maureen is past his expiry date. Either there was no game plan for the past 3 matches or Jose has been found out.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Jose think changing players and we will start winning. I think he should think what is the best system to play his players. Changing players aren't going to help him win. We started losing once he move Mata to the bench. I hope we don't end up with Chelsea. Players losing confidence in the managers and pretty soon, Jose will be out of OT.

The No.10!

No blame on fellaini, it's the fault of Mourinho if he's playing Pogba in a DM's position which he simply isn't meant to play. Watford's second goal is testament of that in its purest form.

Ridiculously average performances all over, elsewhere.

WyoManU

Forget the number of fans. Forget the revenues. Forget the massive signings year after year. We are firmly a mid table club. Something is chronically wrong with Manchester United. So early on and we look so fragile and weak all over the pitch. I don't think we have what it takes to get top 4. Unbelievable.

Ban

We have a big big problem. Whatever we do it isn't working.
Jose should have the balls to drop Rooney at least.
It's not the only but it's the biggest problem.

I've lost all optimism. It looks grim.

It looked like LVG time. We equalized and then instead of winning we threw it away.

PitchFork

Supports
Sao Paulo FC
New manager. New players. New system. Watford played well, were well organised and had a game plan that they stuck to. It's early days and there is still plenty of time left in the season. There are so many positives from this game it's hard to know where to start. We're bouncing back from the City loss and looking like we are well set for a 5th or 6th place battle. This is where we should be, just because, you know, the 1970's and 1980's happened and we shouldn't forget it. Our expectations are too high and we shouldn't moan when we are served up utter shite...

That's how some choose to look at it. For the love of God, how??

Giggsy92

We've got huge issues in midfield, signing Pogba and then playing him where we are right now has created more problems than it's solved.

Marcus

Carrick for Fellaini and Mata for Rooney. We would have won.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Watford deserved to win, we were a shambles, Mourinho has to make some fairly decisive changes immediately.

VanGaalEra

Can't blame the refs when we were second best all day.
When the ref and his bald cnut of a mate on the sidelines keeps giving non existent FK's to an opposition team relying on getting the ball too their front two, it's hard to get started.

Taxx

This was really hard to take. It really feels like a tipping point, now, for the rest of the season. Rooney is only part of the problem. There is nothing in this team, no cohesion! No rhythm to what we're doing.

Son Of Sam

Get over yourself you blaming Jose for this? Players need to shoulder all this.

But then it begs the question - who is selecting these players. Even my dog knows Rooney is finished for more than 2 seasons and yet Jose lacks the cojones to remove him completely from the squad.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 601 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Watford 0:2 Man Utd
  • 20% Watford 1:2 Man Utd