PL L FA Premier League

Watford 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 18 September 2016

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It just feels like we have a squad full of pussies. We played well in the first 4 games and as soon as we lose to City we become fecking spineless and hopeless again.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
This is the new age in the EPL. Being Manchester United is just not enough. Plenty of good players with good managers.
The PL is rubbish. At a low ebb. Its full of rubbish. CL proves it.

That's how bad we are.

Keegs

I cannot take this anymore we are shocking.Anybody who tries to protect Rooney needs to be banned the shoehorning of him is killing the balance of are team.Just drop him Mourinho my god.I have a headache from watching us play.The mind boggles how Rooney starts for us.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Even Mourinho won't fix it. We're well and truly fecked for years and years to come.

DocRockter

Give van Gaal this squad and we'll walk the league.. It's always a fight with Jose, I'm afraid..

Borden

I'd be willing to chip in for a "Rooney Out" plane banner. He's not the only thing wrong with this team, but a solution needs to include booting him from the team.

Blatzo

We were shite. Deserved to lose.

Referee was also shite.

The ball was in play for a whole 50 seconds in that 4 minutes of injury time. The laws of the game with regard to the clock need some serious reform.

Eriku

Our midfield is shit.

The ref was absolute shit.

We started the season looking decently cohesive, now we look shambolic. One wonders whether Mourinho's totally lost his handle on managing. I'm especially concerned at him taking off both fullbacks to get some wingers on. Not much of a plan, just more offensive names and the hope that one of them will bail us out.

I feel so fecking gutted and down after this.

Irrational.

Absolutely devastated with the performance.

Mourinho has to take the majority of the flak for this - his tactics have been questionable to say the least. Oliver Twat's decisions aside, Watford were still the better team.

But Pogba, Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Martial and Smalling also have to hang their heads in shame. They have let us down massively. For supposed leaders and 'world class' players they were awful. There was no cohesion in the play whatsoever.

Shocking, shocking performance and we're 6 points behind the leaders already.

Things look bleak again. :(

padr81

Supports
Man City
I dunno if its pressure from above or what but Rooney needs to go and whats even weirder is your midfield looks nothing like a Jose midfield. Everyone can see you need 3 in there to suit Pogba and it should be Herrera or someone instead of Rooney. Its just weird to see Jose play such a weak midfield. Something he's never done.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Shit week.

How didn't we buy any pace in the summer? Mane would have been a solid buy. This team is slow and unable to cause any problems.

Also, Rooney. How is he still getting a free pass every week from the manager? The club seem to forever bow to him. He might as well be the manager. He'll start against Leicester and play the full 90, and be mostly ineffective. The commentators will bang on about us lacking balance, and Rooney will be the sole reason for that imbalance, but nobody will say it. Rooney is bigger than football itself.

kundalini

Far too many big egos who don't want to do the basics. Pogba's defensive tracking of players is non-existent and Fellaini's poor defensive awareness and lack of mobility, makes for a truly horrible combination whenever we need to defend.

Whole team was crap today, gave away the ball cheaply, struggled to create much.

justboy68

Instead of throwing away hundreds of millions on overrated, shite players, United should start investing heavily in time travel so we can go back to 1992 and relive the glory days.

Last edited:

notcool

Supports
a
Pogba was responsible for the second goal. He should have moved inside to cut off the pull back to Zuniga, since Fellaini was closing down his man, who had run off the back of him. Maybe defensively Pogba isn't up to scratch. First goal to concede was poor/bad refereeing. 60 minutes was a good time to score the equalizer. Should have kicked off from there. Overall I think two slight things for the goals cost us. Maybe not as bad as everyone thinks. We had control for a good portion of the game.

ThanksBoss26

Embarrassing effort from the manager and every single player.

Normally after a defeat, I'm pretty down but I'm absolutely fuming with that.

A complete joke.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Players in the wrong positions, wrong formation, no clear tactics.

Terrible individual performances all over the park.

Big job on again for Mourinho, so far he's not making the bold decisions I'd hoped for and that we sorely need.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Shame Martial got injured. My biggest disappointment about the game today. Nothing will change until Rooney gets dropped permanently, as he is fecking brutal to watch. Ruins everything. Rashford was really bad in the first, good in the second. Ibra I thought was decent though could've done a bit better with his finishing. He wasn't the issue though. Issue was the midfield 3. Rooney for one should probably not even sit on the bench, let alone start, while Fellaini - Pogba just doesn't work as they don't control the game. Needs Carrick, or if not him then Blind or Herrera.

ClosetDevil

Here we are paying this lot obscene amounts of money. They look more interested in how they will spend their millions than their performances on this pitch. Looked completely and utterly disinterested.

We need to go back to reliance on our own youth system.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Mourinho has not lost 3 games in a row for 14 years.
MUFC have not lost to Watford for 30 years.
The roll of negative records has been resumed.

I am seriously beginning to buy into the theory that we are cursed.

Even Jose is probably thinking to himself, wtf have I got myself into.

facund

Oh dear, how the feck we kept all three starting midfielders on is beyond belief. Fellaini was reasonably poor but still put in a better performance than Rooney and Pogba whilst Herrera, our best midfielder in the last two games, gets to watch from the bench.

renatosanches85

Valencia, Smalling, Young, Fellaini, Rooney all not good enough. Pogba is not a 90m pound player. Ibrahimovic should not be gettin a three year contract. Rashford should play up top

peridigm

Wayne Rooney has to go. Simple. Atrocious. Can't have Mata, Rooney, Pogba and Zlatan all on at the same time surely? Badly need Mkhi to come back and hit the ground running. Bailly was terrible today, Smalling too. Need a player like Blind or Carrick who can read the game. Fellaini was okay but still doesn't offer much. Terrible week for us. 6 points off with Leicester coming up, sitting in 6th probably 7th soon.

Saying that, it's early days, we still have all our rivals, bar Man City, to play. We need to sort out this mess.

DDG
Mensah Bailly Smalling Shaw
Blind
Pogba Herrera
Mkhitaryan Zlatan Rashford
We have to change it up, and Martial needs a rest.
Blind is better than Smalling at CB. Bench Smalling and play Carrick or Schniederlin at DM.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
City match i was ok as we played well in the second half and could have easily drawn or won when we consider the fact that we gifted them the first goal. Feyenoord, I don't care about the EL we played a 2nd squad. Today is not acceptable though, I want to blame the players but Mourinho is slipping. We seem void of ideas, no defensive shape, players starting when they shouldn't...it's on him and up to him to change things now.

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi
Get over yourself you blaming Jose for this? Players need to shoulder all this.

It is Jose's fault for not making tough decisions. I.e. Not dropping Rooney. Not saying the blame solely on him but some of his decisions have been bizarre.

Manny

Grammar Police
Another shocking performance.

We were shattered by the end. We really needed to be up going into the last 30 minutes to coast the game out.

Esquire

He'a not the reason we lost, but feck me I hate Michael Oliver.
I agree. He's a arrogant feck and that non-call for the first call was huge. But we have a problem. Fellani cannot play with Pogba. It's fecking clear. The fact we have height in midfield doesn't mean crap if we can't stop people properly and at the same time we can't go forward properly.

We need to drop Rooney. He works hard but that spark is gone. We need to have give guys like Carrick and Depay a chance.

Watford bullied us today.

Silverman

Valencia and Shaw done alright. Bailly and Smalling looked nervous. Fellaini isn't the biggest problem but imo he is a problem. He is far too slow on the ball and his passing is limited. If we had a fighting fit Carrick in his position spraying the ball around, we could control games more. Pogba, Martial, Rashford and Zlatan will shine if the midfield is sorted. Rooney shouldn't be near the starting 11.

Hed Zitin

Cannot believe how bad these players are. Basics are difficult for them. Fellaini is standing out as our best player. We're a big team, yet we are getting bullied...

Minging to watch. Our lack of movement makes us look like we're not playing the same game as other teams.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 601 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Watford 0:2 Man Utd
  • 20% Watford 1:2 Man Utd