PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Watford

Post-match discussion

Sat, 11 February 2017

davidmichael

Bailly was very good. Him and Jones would be a good partnership.
This is the partnership I've said that I think is best for us going forward, both Jones and Bailly play well with any of Smalling or Rojo or even Blind whilst the others seem to only play well alongside either Jones or Bailly.

Carolina Red

Staff
What is important is that in the last 2 weeks, he has been working hard in training.
Basically, it seems that Martial is weak in training. Perhaps he is not showing enough effort.
And this comment by Jose is why I stated earlier in the Martial thread that folks should defer to the manager because they don't see what he sees in training. It appears that Martial got a wake up call and responded splendidly. Good for him and good on the manager.

MrBest

Martial went out there and proved his worth, now needs consistency.

Mkh and mata brilliant .. ander man of match for me.

Solid win dont care we didnt score more as we barely broke a sweat. Save the energy for st etien and the final. Fa cup should be easy game.

I think jose next phase is now complete transforming us. Undefeated in 16 games, more fluent and more attacking. Next season we will win the league. This season we will get top 4. 2 points off second, it was 10 a few months ago. Great turn around. At this stage of season its about points not position.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We need to be more clinical otherwise it's going to cost us when the chips are down frankly.

Encouraging performance, the 3 Ms played great. Good to have these type of wins back, the ones where you win in 3rd gear with no hiccups.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
God, even in an easy 2-0, it's so frustrating how many chances we miss.
And this is why we have moved forward under Jose.
Even when we win 2-0 fans are disappointed. Last season, scoring 2 goals was something to be celebrated. In fact, getting 2 shots on target in a game would be hailed.

Tapori

Loved Mourinhos dig at the press; If other teams play like our first half it's described as "Art."

Takes a special club and challenge to inspire a stubborn man like Mourinho to step up and change his own thinking in style.

. He's not doing too bad is he ;)

Yagami

Good post resistant

These three together :drool:

As much as I love Carrick, I hope we continue with these three behind Zlatan and in front of Herrera and Pogba for the majority of the season (bar maybe games against the big guns and rotation when needed). Some of the link-up play today was delightful, and they all worked incredibly hard defensively, too.

Coops73

Thought we played really well, yes we should of buried more chances, Zlatan more guilty than most, but the movement of Mata, Martial and Mhki was brilliant, ok Mhkitaryan didn't have his best game but he's really quick for a no.10 and his defensive work was also impressive, constantly tracking back into midfield trying to win the ball back, Pogba played really well I thought but for me the MOTM was Herrera, absolutely everywhere, tackling, laying the ball off, never stopping, I thought he had an outstanding game.

Dante

Average bang
Mkhitaryan through the middle has transformed us. Ever since the second half against Leicester, we've been a different team.

IrishRedDevil

These three together :drool:

As much as I love Carrick, I hope we continue with these three behind Zlatan and in front of Herrera and Pogba for the majority of the season (bar maybe games against the big guns and rotation when needed). Some of the link-up play today was delightful, and they all worked incredibly hard defensively, too.
These 3 are glorious together, they literally have it all.

Forget Tiki-Taka, we have Mkhi-Mata :devil:

Trizy

That was excellent football for once. Not the crap, we've dished out for most of the season but still caused most of the caf to jizz their pants.
What? Apart from January our football has been very good throughout the season. Very attractive.

Even half of our draws we completely dominate the other teams. Just can't finish for shit, mind.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Mkhitaryan through the middle has transformed us. Ever since the second half against Leicester, we've been a different team.
Mourinho insisted on him solely as right-winger in the beginning of the season, when we were also playing 4-2-3-1, because of Rooney having to be taken care lightly. Some players have to play out of position because of the (then) undroppable Roone, and we could say the same still about Rashford/Ibrahimović, although here I really think Mourinho doesn't see him the former as a pure striker.

Fitchett

Anyone know what happened to a minute's silence today? I was expecting one and so were some of the players. Don't we always do one on the closest home game to the anniversary of Munich?
There was a minute's applause before the players came out on to the pitch.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
There was a minute's applause before the players came out on to the pitch.
A minute's applause, you're kidding right? Nothing worth applauding in a plane crash slaughtering innocent people. A minute's silence is more just this year more than ever given the repeat in Brazil.

I was late arriving so I got there just as Flowers of Manchester was starting. We were all baffled in the Stretford End as to why there was no minute's silence with the players on the pitch. I swear we have done this every year until now. I remember when we didn't do it in 2003 because of City and that was made to look really stupid when it was impeccably observed on the 50th anniversary. Did we have one last year?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This is the partnership I've said that I think is best for us going forward, both Jones and Bailly play well with any of Smalling or Rojo or even Blind whilst the others seem to only play well alongside either Jones or Bailly.
The problem is that Jones has a serious injury problem.
This season, he got a run of games, but like most of us predicted, he was very likely to get injured again...which has now come to pass.
We cannot rely on P.Jones.

Z_Wolf

Thank God we got rid of Van Gaal. How dull would we be had he stayed?

The football towards the end of the first half was just mint.

Jaxdan

Mata was my MOTM, Martial close behind. I honestly have been harsh and unimpressed with Pogba, but thought he actually played very well Saturday. Mhki also. Feels like we are back in form again...and I like it.

SammyUnited_83

A minute's applause, you're kidding right? Nothing worth applauding in a plane crash slaughtering innocent people. A minute's silence is more just this year more than ever given the repeat in Brazil.

I was late arriving so I got there just as Flowers of Manchester was starting. We were all baffled in the Stretford End as to why there was no minute's silence with the players on the pitch. I swear we have done this every year until now. I remember when we didn't do it in 2003 because of City and that was made to look really stupid when it was impeccably observed on the 50th anniversary. Did we have one last year?
I thought the same as you, however, looking back at some previous match reports I can't actually see a minute silence being referenced.

It did appear the players were ready to observe the silence.

Acole9

Outstanding
Good win, shame the dippers didn't lose to Spurs, we would've been out of 6th for longer!

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 611 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Man Utd 2:0 Watford
  • 20% Man Utd 3:0 Watford