PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Watford

Post-match discussion

Sun, 13 May 2018

el3mel

Such a very boring match but it's all about Carrick today. What a beautiful and great man. Gonna miss him.

ash_86

Thanks for everything Carrick. Now suit up and get some of our players playing football.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Nice send off for Carrick, what a player he has been.

The FA Cup will be an exhilarating exhibition of attacking football...:wenger:

Minimalist

Don't think a result could sum up United's season more than today. 1-0 to the Arsenal.

1 shot on target, 1 goal. Clinical, unremarkble and at times a snoozefest.

Hopefully Chelsea can't be arsed in the cup final and we can add a trophy to the cabinet.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Decent testimonial game for Carrick.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Nice to end the season on a win. Sad to see Carrick retire but I'm excited to see him on the coaching staff.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Thank God we have Chelsea in the final and not anyone else from the top 4 :lol:

We're just crawling our way over the line recently.
We miss Lukaku up front.

Jericholyte2

Would be perfectly happy to see Rashford leave after a performance like that.

We need a much better back-up to Lukaku.

arthurka

Dont care anymore ... Terrible game with Carrick retiring .. Win the FA cup.. Feck me how I am not looking forward to next season under Jose. .

DevilRed

Not too bad considering it was our B team essentially.

However, Marcus Rashford really showed his youth today. Not done himself a favor to start the match next weekend. Needs to knuckle down and continue to improve over the summer at the WC. Still a young lad and plenty of time to improve.

Blind, Darmian and Rojo just dont have what it takes to make it at this club. Today just highlighted it even further, but over the years all 3 have not been up to standard.

Luke Shaw had a very decent cameo and I just wonder what he has done not to get more match time. It must be something off the pitch, as there have always been grumblings about his attitude / inner circle.

Not a bad premier league season, but citeh have raised the bar to a completely different level altogether. Similar to what Jose's chelsea did so many years ago.

Really hope we make good signings this summer and buy some players who will give us some pace and dynamism in midfield and at the fullback positions.

We have to score more goals if we want to win the league next season, what i've seen this season won't cut it.

paulscholes18

Jose couldn’t even release the handbrake for the last game of the season even though it was a dead rubber.
Saw it was the first time in over 30 years no youth player has made his Man Utd debut

Flytan

Guess we have momentum than Chelsea going into the final.

Though I think we have like barely above the minimum. Can't believe no debuts were given on a worthless day and we didn't even attempt to score more than one.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yawn. Annoyed at Mourinho as I have increasingly become throughout the season. Guy can't leave the club soon enough. Absolute dead rubber game, yet he doesn't include a single youth team player in the 18. Why? Why? This is exactly the situation that we made fun of Chelsea for as they always ignored them, and they always made excuses. Now it's United fans backtracking to make excuses for Mourinho. Say it like it is. Mourinho is a negative manager who just doesn't trust youth players. 2 huge points against him when talking about United managers. Just goes against everything we represent as a club. Even all this talk about him playing McTominay... McTominay is turning 22 later this year and is 6'4". I'd suspect that has a lot more to do with it, more then anything.

Anyway. At least we're in better form then Chelsea going into the FA Cup final. Hopefully for next season Mourinho has some sort of epiphany over the summer and completely changes everything he's ever done and decides to be more attack minded. Not holding my breath though.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Why are there people on here who voted for anyone other than Carrick for Motm?

M Bison

Supports
York City
Three points from a nothing game, and we’ve finished second quite comfortably.

Drab game but could be a hell of a lot worse, as it has been in the past few years on the final day of the season.

Anyone reading the forum would think we’re in a relegation battle, some obscenely silly comments in the match day thread, the “Rashford is no better than Bellion” comment was my personal favourite, closely followed by “McTominay is the worst player in all top 5 English leagues”.

lewwoo

Never had such mixed emotions of a season. On paper second to a top class city side and a possible FA cup sounds good but the football has been dreadful and cowardly so often it leaves a bad taste.

Bobski

I passed on cutting the grass to watch that game. I killed my own joy with that choice.

If this was a one off, if the last few games were just end of season ennui then you could just shrug it off, but win, lose or draw the Utd experience is bordering on depressing.

redom

This team needs to evolve over the summer and into next season, the joy and excitement is missing from fans and players alike. It's a case of "job done" this season but changes are needed in many aspects.

Henry Gaervell

A team full of players who don't deserve to be at the club and likely have advanced plans to leave anyway (blind, darmian, rojo and mata).

Could have put some new faces from the academy to freshen things up. Instead jose oversees another dour and ineffectual united performance

Cloud7

Did Carrick give a speech or anything after the match? My stream dropped immediately after the whistle

Ace of Spades

Really shite game overall, again with no cohesion within the team, although at least this time the reason can be given that it was the B team, with a lot of the players not having played much recently.

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 217 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 41% Man Utd 2:0 Watford
  • 14% Man Utd 3:0 Watford