PL L FA Premier League

Watford 4:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 November 2021

RedAlways78

We are sitting with a -1 goal difference. This is crisis time.
I just watched Ole clap but wave at the fans. Could that be a wave goodbye?

Horrible performance and I’m embarrassed to be a supporter

FireballXL5

It's pretty obvious that we're fecked with this chump in charge. That 'performance' was just about as bad as it gets.

TheLord

There are two problems now, instead of one. We need to be “uncoached” first and then “re-coached”. Even with a decent manager, this “double” transition of making United a proper force again will take much, much longer than usual.

I don't even feel angry just now; I'm just sad about it all. The board should have sacked Ole after the City game. We are a shambles on and off the pitch.

George the Cat

I am not sure he will get sacked but you can bet if he does the repla cement will be a major let down.

Loon

:lol:
I just cannot think who could be caretaker until the summer. Right now, I’d take Harry Bloody Redknapp.

RedTiger

Half mast
Sure, some of the blame is on Ole. He has to take responsibility, he cannot be absolved.

But surely we must consider that this abomination of a kit is at the very least culpable? I still can't wrap my head around the fact that there were probably several design meetings at Adidas where presumably grown adults looked at this and agreed that it was an excellent design.

(but seriously, can we just end this Solskjaer experiment now? it's beyond farcical at this point)
This is indicative of the split in our fanbase, I personally think the kit is brilliant, gives me a nice early 90s vibe. Shame about the football though.

Ixion

And this was Ole's fecking freebie. The one winnable game in a nightmare run of fixtures that was going to restore some confidence.

united for life

AWB is lazy. The first goal was his fault. Head the ball out, not into the pitch!

Maguire is the worst captain in history. Im not talking about him being a bad player, im talking about him being a terrible leader. The red card today was a joke. Came at a time we gained momentum.

lindelof. What was he doing ushering pedro for the 3rd goal! Defend!!!!!

shaw, what is that? Did he go forward today? Were these Ole’s instructions? Why! Was he defending Salah?

the back four is terrible. Terrible. An embarrassment.

VDB’s performance today shows that Ole is largely at fault. How come Ole sees this everyday in training and still goes with McFred!

attackers were bad too. We deserves to lose

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We know Ole is gone. But surely even the most Ole out person here has to see we have some absolute donkeys in the team, irrespective of the manager. What on earth was Bruno doing in the first half!! Matic the same. Don't even need to go into Maguire. And then there's Martial :lol:

Don't even know what to say about these guys. All the furore is gonna be about Ole but God these are some of the most idiotic performances I've seen by players in a Utd shirt. And that's with Fred not even playing!!

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Surely even Ole can't survive that? I know we say this every week but surely...

Fts 74

I'm not even bothered and that's telling, usually I'd be fuming after that.

How have we got this bad, breaks my heart

Positives VDB is a class deep laying playmaker he single handedly changed our performance until the sending off.

Sancho was also very good in the second half. Possibly because he needs a player with VDB creativity to play balls into the spaces for him to run onto… so under the next manager I’m really looking forward to the chemistry between those two.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
When Solskjaer said we would be 'proper wounded animals', I envisioned cornered lions.

What we got was headless chickens.
That's apt. It's like competing in a race after having been shot twice in sheet leg.

Ixion

Honestly, I'm not even kidding, I would take Steve Bruce as a caretaker.

Siorac

This is indicative of the split in our fanbase, I personally think the kit is brilliant, gives me a nice early 90s vibe. Shame about the football though.
Early 90s kit were mostly fecking awful though, it was a dark time for football fashion.

stu_1992

That is the worst result of the season. Yeah we hate to lose to Liverpool and they hammered us but you cannot lose a team that started the day in relegation zone, and especially not in a 4-1 hammering!

Truly awful first half where it felt like our attacking players never even touched the ball.

Second half was looking better and to be fair to Donny he was playing like a man with a point to prove. Then Maguire happened. I'm not sure what happened to him, if he's injured or what, but what a turnaround for him. Absolute shadow of himself this season and it was pathetic to sent off like he did. From there it was only a matter of how many goals we'd lose by. The two late goals just feeling like an extra kick in the teeth.

stoinz

Trying focus on positives. Sancho and Ronaldo seems to work well, especially some of the crosses he put in. And DVB should play more.
There isn't much else to say from today's performance.

YouknowNani

Get rid of Maguire and Ole and this team would be unrecognisable. In a good way.

I Am Zlatan

The positives are,

Donny had a good game, Sancho had some good moments, and Maguire won’t play the next few matches.

other than than, please sack Ole and let’s move on from this.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We started the second half with VDB playing really well but Harry thinks he's Messi and tried to dribble players --- idiot!

Game over then.

largelyworried

What's left to say? Absolute shite. Porous defence, again. Maguire humiliatingly bad, again. Midfield missing, again. No shape, no plan, just hit and hope. Everything wrong with Ole's team in one 90 minute package.

I would say the manager can't survive this, but that's been said before and he's still here. However it's clear the club is in total free fall at this point in time and the Board may have no choice but to make a change, however reluctant they seem. Five defeats in seven games? Honestly not sure how he survives that.

Shout out for VDB though for a cameo that, while not perfect, showed how absurd it is that Ole has yet to find a role for him.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I wish I didnt have mates that support other teams. My phone cannae take the strain.

Players look truly lost with Ole now. Wouldnt be surprised on a big decision made on Monday on his future.

Man of the Match

Donny van de Beek image Donny van de Beek 74% of 270 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 278 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw