PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Watford

Post-match discussion

Sat, 26 February 2022

caid

Frustrating but the goalscorers in the team haven't been performing for a long time and never looked that likely today. You were hoping for a varane from a set piece or rare pogba goal rather than expecting Ronaldo or Rashford to do much. Bruno has been brought back into midfield and is mostly doing a decent job of creating chances but just isn't getting the chances to score that he has been previously.
Elanga looks our most threatening forward just by virtue of running. I dont think he's running especially fast or covering a particularly large amount of ground but he can and will run which is a fecking terrible standard to be falling below for the other players starting up front.

Dempsey19

Knew from first 10 mins it was going to be one of those days.

Ronaldo needs to go, Rashford added absolutely nothing.

Bruno not squaring the ball for an open goal not once but twice infuriated the feck out of me.

Judas

Open to offers
Sadly that game finishing 0-0 was painfully predictable after that first half. It should have been dead and buried. We get let down by the same players being wasteful.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Watford played like they’d been lobotomised and we still couldn’t score. Cringeworthy stuff.

SambaBoy

The Ronaldo experiment needs to stop at the end of the season. He needs to score every game to justify being in the team, that's how bad his all round game is. We get a good mobile CF and a DM in the summer and we'll be fine.

Corridor of Uncertainty

I would have kept Matic on. He didn't seem to be flagging, and he's the sort of player that when we're all pushing forward, is able to see the pass in-between their full back and centre back and play someone in.

Roboc7

No so long ago people had deluded themselves we were only a DM away from challenging, we need huge changes and will take a long time to sort out the mess Ole and Woodward left behind.

Think Rangnick has done some good things since he took over but this was never going to be a quick fix, won’t be a lot to play for well before end of season.

WyoManU

Full disclosure that I have not watched many matches over the past 4-5 years. I try to catch highlights and see how the team is doing, but I have prioritized my own life over watching the games. Today was the first full match I've seen since last season around this time. We were clearly the better side and deserved to win but we seem to have "just one of those days" most days. The problem for me is that it isn't particularly entertaining, and I see no real chance of any significant improvement for the foreseeable future. We don't have the ambition to compete at the highest level and I don't believe our owners care at all so long as they continue to make money on the investment. The club has rotted out its core and there is no easy way to regain it. Even in the last 10 minutes I found myself not feeling much of anything. Had we scored, great. If we didn't score, I would feel about the same. No matter what happened it wasn't going to affect me because we would still be languishing around our 4th position with no hope of actually competing for the title, and that is just depressing.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
See Watford get mauled over by Arsenal next match. I hate that i watched this game on my vacation and ruined my vacation. Season looks like its over.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Got what we deserved. You can't keep making excuses for not getting the job done.

We had all the ball, territory & advantage you could have asked for. We still couldn't get it done.

It happens once, it's a fluke, it happens twice it's a coincidence, it happens three times it's a worry, now it's a trend.

We are underperforming our xG. Maybe that's a sign that the players we have just aren't able to meet the level that's required?

Hype FC just isn't as good as it's social media promotion.

Paranoid Android

Full disclosure that I have not watched many matches over the past 4-5 years. I try to catch highlights and see how the team is doing, but I have prioritized my own life over watching the games. Today was the first full match I've seen since last season around this time. We were clearly the better side and deserved to win but we seem to have "just one of those days" most days. The problem for me is that it isn't particularly entertaining, and I see no real chance of any significant improvement for the foreseeable future. We don't have the ambition to compete at the highest level and I don't believe our owners care at all so long as they continue to make money on the investment. The club has rotted out its core and there is no easy way to regain it. Even in the last 10 minutes I found myself not feeling much of anything. Had we scored, great. If we didn't score, I would feel about the same. No matter what happened it wasn't going to affect me because we would still be languishing around our 4th position with no hope of actually competing for the title, and that is just depressing.
Definition of fair weather fan.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Not on Ralf, some of those players should be ashamed of their performances
He isn’t responsible for the shit finishing, but he’s showing why he’s never managed a top club.

We really do need to throw money at the very best manager that we can come the summer and Ralf needs to move upstairs.

Ludens the Red

Vomit team, just pure trash, clueless, bad decision making, lack of intensity. So much to dislike about this bunch honestly.

pratyush_utd

Maybe we can get some striker from academy who can finish sitters

dave2528

Well we did have a guy called Greenwood...and no-one quite saw Rashy's total drop of form coming.
I'd honestly purged that first cnut from my memory. That's a fair argument.

Rashford is a little harder to accept considering his form has been dwindling for at least a year and a half.

Ekeke

Good performance, especially in the first half and until we took Matic off in the 2nd half. Much better at expanding play and finding space.

Absolutely terrible finishing. No excuses Ronaldo and Bruno in particular, their shooting needs to be at least twice as good as it was today. Fernandes 8 shots with 2 on target, I'd imagine most of those were blocked efforts because he didnt bother to make space for his shot first. Ronaldo 4 attempts with 1 on target. Poor

pratyush_utd

He isn’t responsible for the shit finishing, but he’s showing why he’s never managed a top club.

We really do need to throw money at the very best manager that we can come the summer and Rslf needs to move upstairs.
What exactly is that? Some weird comments here regarding manager. How can any manager be blamed for that performance? We missed sitters after sitters

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He did, but that doesn't change the fact that we had 3 shots on target against the same shitty Watford
Our best 3 chances were off target. We had a lot of chances, plenty to win the game. Our players are just horrendous finishers these days.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He did, but that doesn't change the fact that we had 3 shots on target against the same shitty Watford
That's on our players being fecking shit at finishing today. We literally carved them up all game only for the players to have a complete meltdown in front of goal.

This was basically as one sided as it can get.

lex talionis

The result is disastrous. All these top players who we want to bring in this summer will have no interest in coming now, now that we’ve botched fourth place.

Best to get on this summer with an overhaul and rebuild of this sputtering engine, rather than keep patching it up with aging stars.

darko

Take a chill pill, Dorito eaters. The team played really well. They missed an lot of chances. Of course it's a poor result.

I can only be critical the finishing and composure in front of goal.

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 190 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Man Utd 2:0 Watford
  • 23% Man Utd 3:0 Watford