PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Watford

Post-match discussion

Sat, 26 February 2022

RuudTom83

Frustrating but take the emotion out of it and the lads played well (scoring aside)

r0663664

Worships Man City
I hardly see Liverpool or City have one of those days. What the hell is wrong with this team? Watford is fighting relegation and we can't put 1 bloody pass Foster. Players are sitting themselves. Seems to me a total lost of confidence. If Liverpool and City has those chances, they will be 3 up by half time. Team is lacking of confidence. We need a motivator as our manager else this looks bad.

Gorse Hill Red

Unforgivable missed chances and easy chances at that. They have messed up top four today, and it’s time to drop Ronaldo. Weekend utterly ruined.

DeGea’sFeet

We often talk about United being a team that looks to the long term. Well sometimes it’s better for the long term to draw and play like we did today, than to win and get completely outplayed.

So while frustrating and terrible for our short term aims. Performances like today are actually a sign that things are improving long term. Also when a team plays well and controls a match you actually get to see what areas need improving and what players are not good enough

MalaysianRed7

The funny thing is, I think we played decently. Ralf is doing a very good job. Once again, the problem was clear: 2.5 XG, 0 goals. Cristiano Ronaldo is finished and has to go. Another season of him will be disastrous for us, so a new striker is desperately needed. He thinks he can go on another 4 to 5 years? Sure, maybe he might score 15 goals a season in China, USA or Qatar.

A portion of the fan base here is getting on my nerves too. Someone please tell me what Ole or Maguire has to do with today’s game? We lost 4-1 with them leading. Clueless.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'd honestly purged that first cnut from my memory. That's a fair argument.

Rashford is a little harder to accept considering his form has been dwindling for at least a year and a half.
Ralf's a straight talker, and he's already said we need a new striker next year.

Absolutely goes without saying, even if Ronaldo stays.

I Am Zlatan

Played well, very frustrating result! Can’t believe the amount of opportunities we miss regularly… Where the feck is Cavani?

BorisManUtd

It's a poor Watford side, they basically couldn't even hurt us on counter (except for that shot at the very end) but I like how much we were in control. Another bad result though and don't think there's many people now actually optimistic about our top 4 chances.

Cloud7

Frustrating finishing aside we were a lot of fun to watch in the first half, and it's promising to see us creating so many chances. At least that's a step in the right direction.

Coleyoscar

Struggling to remember a worse opposing team at OT.
We have thrown away three points and fourth place through appalling finishing. Very frustrating.

Volksie316

Goalkeeper only had 3 saves to make all game.

We were hardly battering there goal with great save after great save.

Yes we should have won, considering the chances we created, but it was nowhere near enough.

Woodzy

Good to see us play well for once, shame about the result but hopefully another performance to build on.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I did like the team Ralf picked for this, that's the annoying this. That defence along with Matic were excellent, shame that front line let them down and now they are likely not getting picked again.

dave2528

Ralf's a straight talker, and he's already said we need a new striker next year.

Absolutely goes without saying, even if Ronaldo stays.
I place zero of the blame of today on Rangnick. We created a shedload of chances. We simply lack a consistent threat up front to put those away and as you've pointed out, we've no choice but to find replacements next year in that department.

It's a frustrating match for sure as we finally looked up to for nearly the entire match. We just couldn't put it in the back of the net.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Objectively we played quite well. One of those day sadly. Seen it a hundred times, post Fergie and during.

Is anyone on social media able to just call things like they are anymore, without the histrionics?

Djemba-Djemba

We aren't making top 4 with these attacking players.

Have to just accept that now.

Very tough fixture list to come too, so I would assume we'll be turning these annoying draws into defeats now.

SirMattlives

Post game comments always will be dominated by the frustration but in the grand scheme of things in the world, got to put this in perspective. We played well enough to win comfortably, there’s games yet to play, am trying to stay positive. I do wonder if Ronaldo is deemed too important to sub, he was pretty gone by the end but I think RR throwing all in for the win might have colored thinking today. Movin’ on.

darko

He did, but that doesn't change the fact that we had 3 shots on target against the same shitty Watford
There were a lot of blocked shots including the one Elanga blocked
I did like the team Ralf picked for this, that's the annoying this. That defence along with Matic were excellent, shame that front line let them down and now they are likely not getting picked again.
I don't think RR will be disappointed in the front line. The effort was there today. Bruno had had three very good chances in the first half. Ronaldo hit the post. It easy to be overly critical because if the result but in my opinion that the best 90 minutes United played under RR. A full match effort.

WyoManU

Definition of fair weather fan.
I guess you can see it that way. I am 49 years old tomorrow and will never watch as much football as I used to. United are the only club I will ever support. It is likely I would try and catch more matches if we were competing for the title. However, I am not going to try and prove how good of a fan I am by wasting hours every match day watching a club whose core has been eroded from the very ideals that made me fall in love with it so long ago.

yamo123x

Sack him now, dropping points galore. Not fit to coach even in the championship.

It is rangnicks fault we are dropping points to dross.

Yep lets crucify the manager for missing open goals and sitters.
Coming from someone talking dross

Lee565

Urgh, Ronaldo just like ole is tainting his legacy the longer he sticks around.

For all the stick rashford gets I would take him over ronaldo as our striker, he may not be the greatest finisher but Ronaldo is hardly prolific anymore at least rashford offers pace, movement, the ability to stretch teams and a more flexible attacking unit.

Christ give me martial over Ronaldo or even lingard as a false 9 for the sake of the team as a whole in terms of an attacking unit

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The team is taking shape and RR has done a good job.
But our finishing is so poor it's unbelievable.
Rangnick can't score the goals himself.
Bye bye Champions League.

RomfordRed75

I know we should have had the game won after 15 minutes, but its a massive mistake to let Martial leave on loan. With no Greenwood, Cavani not being able to play more than 8 minutes a month and Rashford being as much use as a chocolate teapot it leaves us with a knackered and pretty average Ronaldo.
Also, how come when United need a goal its always only 3 minutes injury time but when we are one up its 5 or 6 minutes. Would never happen with City or Liverpool!

steffyr2

Entertaining (and horribly annoying) game. We look better, but it isn't showing up in the results (yet, anyway).
-
Other games show other teams' players launching the ball from outside for a goal. We seem to walk the ball so slowly up the field that there are 15-20 players standing there by the time the ball arrives in the box. I guess that's due to insecurity in the defense, insecurity in what the team will do?

Anyway. Better. Not in the slightest obvious in the result. Ronaldo could use a day off. Rashford is playing a different game than everyone else, and not in a good way. Elanga looked good. Defense looked good. Midfield? Utd avoids the center of the field like it's a crocodile filled swamp, might want to go straight thru there occasionally.

siw2007

Can’t believe we didn’t win that. Watford weren’t great and we must have created 9 or 10 great chances to score and fluffed everyone. Bruno and Ronaldo were the main culprits this afternoon, the latter especially looked like he was struggling with the demands of the game now.

That was a killer of a draw, big two points dropped which leaves the club needing a huge shift in momentum to snatch 4th now.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
I mean at least we created stuff, that's a new one. Definitely played better than some of our other recent draws but this one is probably the most frustrating. How we didn't score a single goal especially in that first half. Only 3 shots on target is pathetic after the way we played. These draws against these crappy teams is going to cost us fourth.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I don't see how we get 4th now. After the next 3 matches we could be 6th and far behind Arsenal.

For me we lost because Bruno and Ronaldo couldn't finish.

Was Rashford playing a dummy with the grounded cross from Sancho? It seemed he had no intent to shoot and really didn't try to get to the ball.

Only positives for me were Elanga and Sancho. At least we have some good young players and the future might be bright in 2 or 3 years.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
One more thing, we must be the worst at crossing in the league. Even Bruno's crosses were pretty lame.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Not even mad anymore. We just aren’t good enough this season for something more than EL qualification.

redshaw

Some good football at times but I don't think the chances were all that plentiful, especially second half. Watford looked fairly calm at the back really. We've seen this type of performance a lot in recent years. A lot of the so called chances were easy for Watford to see out, it was all in front of them.

Most disappointing is how much we've dropped points to bottom of the table teams and probably handed top 4 away.

Cavani helped us out last year in the second half of the season but he's not really figuring this time. Ronaldo looks too tired after half a season.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
To be critical of ralf, starting bruno and pogba was overkill. Should have just been one of them.

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 190 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Man Utd 2:0 Watford
  • 23% Man Utd 3:0 Watford