g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL D FA Premier League

West Ham United 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 08 February 2015

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Not really offended dear charleysurf. I just think its a bit off to call somebody a genius for expressing his/her thoughts. Perspective on humanity ? You shall love your crooked neighbour, with your crooked heart. Enjoy your weekend.
:lol: Holy shit!

Blodssvik

The last time wasting substitution when there was time for one last attack irritated me. Not that I had high hopes of getting another goal bit still. It is part of the whole feeling that we just want to avoid losing more than anything.

LR7

I've been reluctant to criticise or blame LvG so far because I think it's impossible to expect everything to be perfect so soon. However, we stood no chance of winning the game today and it's entirely his fault. I'm actually furious at the continued selection of RvP and Falcao up top together.

justboy68

The last time wasting substitution when there was time for one last attack irritated me. Not that I had high hopes of getting another goal bit still. It is part of the whole feeling that we just want to avoid losing more than anything.
A goal kick is just as much a chance for an attack for them as it is for us, it depends who wins the ball (which probably would have been them)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The thing is, we genuinely don't have any actual wingers. Valencia's practically a RB, Januzaj is a #10 and Di Maria plays better in midfield. Young's our only actual winger at the moment.

Perhaps Depay could be the answer?
Depays is more of a forward than a winger. He's a scorer rather than a creator. We really need a creator, someone who can fire in crosses and give us an actual supply from wide.

RetroStu

a bit OTT?
Go read some other forums. We have fat fecking sam calling us 'long ball Utd' for christ sake. Every team we play thinks they can beat us, even lower league teams. All the good that Fergie built up over 20+ years has been destroyed in 2 years under 2 buffoons.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I pop in here only occasionally these days, just to check if we're still an embarrassment. Good to see the status quo hasn't changed. Let's hope we don't start actually losing games. We were pretty shit but let's take a step back, eh?

vanrooney

I pop in here only occasionally these days, just to check if we're still an embarrassment. Good to see the status quo hasn't changed. Let's hope we don't start actually losing games? We were pretty shit but let's take a step back, eh?
totally agreed

Mali_Zeus

Go read some other forums. We have fat fecking sam calling us 'long ball Utd' for christ sake. Every team we play thinks they can beat us, even lower league teams. All the good that Fergie built up over 20+ years has been destroyed in 2 years under 2 buffoons.
Who the f. cares what Sam Allardyce says and think and I for one dont care what other forums think...
Every team think they can beat us but there we are,still 4th. Lost 4 games despite the fact even lower league teams think they can beat us or their forums say that...

Yeah, you are OTT.

Someone

Something
Not a bad result considering it's a tough away game, but the performance was just poor.

Van gaal talks about balance all the time but he keeps putting unbalanced teams, there's absolutely no need to have both falcao and rvp in the same line up, if it's up to me i'd drop them both and give rooney his spot back.

R'hllor

To be long ball team you need to play that way,to aim,being direct as a goal. We are clearing balls,DDG to CB,CB to DDG,DDG clears aimless...repeat.Imagine there is a rule that you can not pass back to GK,Jones and his brain would melt.

RetroStu

Who the f. cares what Sam Allardyce says and think and I for one dont care what other forums think...
Every team think they can beat us but there we are,still 4th. Lost 4 games despite the fact even lower league teams think they can beat us or their forums say that...

Yeah, you are OTT.
Well you don't care, good for you. Some of us do care.

SirBobbysCombover

Squirming around on a dusty barber shop floor
Next 4 games are crucial before we play spurs & scum back to back. Burnley up first with swansea away, followed by a north east affair in the mackems @ OT, then the toon away.

Target has to be split into 3 categories : 12 points = 3rd place form (excellent); 10 points = 4th form (good); 9 points = 4th / 5th (acceptable); 8 points or less = 5th - 7th (not fecking acceptable).

We have to be in a prime position points wise, before the spurs/'pool combo back to back in case of a monumental feck up in those two fixtures. 3 wins and a draw trades us to 10 points, I'd take that right now before a ball is even kicked.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Maybe ADM plays better as a mid but maybe he'd look good as a winger in the right system. Saying all that you're right, we lack wingers.
Depay would be up for the physical challenge, he is quite buffed for his tender age. Januzaj has the technique to pass opponents, but you could positively state that he often looked like a piece of carbon paper going against a storm in the physical challenges. Still has plenty of years ahead to improve this aspect of his game.

Thisistheone

A good point in the end but there's so many issues with this team right now. No balance in midfield and forwards who are just too slow. Our defence isn't too bad. Just need to sort out the attack. I'd rather Wilson and Hernandez than Falcao

bishblaize

I pop in here only occasionally these days, just to check if we're still an embarrassment. Good to see the status quo hasn't changed. Let's hope we don't start actually losing games. We were pretty shit but let's take a step back, eh?
Good perspective

legball

Almost everyone fit, and we're still not able to put out a half decent performance, that's why I never believe the theory that we'll be fine after players come back from injury, it's not always the case. Our problems are deeper. I think we lack a bit of direction, one that I expect should come from the manager, right now, he's not providing it.
Secondly, LVG has to make the rather simple but sensible decisions such as having Rooney up top, dropping either RVP or Falcao [I'll drop Falcao if it was up to me] and just straight up having all of Fellaini, Blind and Herrera in midfield to give us control [if he insists on a diamond]. Otherwise, drop both RVP and Falcao, go with that midfield 3, Rooney as lone striker with Januzaj and Di Maria supporting as wide forwards.

Acole9

Outstanding
We got let off lightly today, so much so I think you could say West Ham were robbed. Yet again lack of creativity and penetration in the final third has let us down massively.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Or maybe he could just play players in their right position and stop being so naive tactically? If he drops Di Maria for Fellaini while keeping Rooney in midfield I'd sack him right after the match ends.

It's actually embarrassing he seems to be suggesting a long ball style of game. Chelsea, City and Arsenal don't seem to have many problems winning with the creative midfield players.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Almost everyone fit, and we're still not able to put out a half decent performance, that's why I never believe the theory that we'll be fine after players come back from injury, it's not always the case. Our problems are deeper. I think we lack a bit of direction, one that I expect should come from the manager, right now, he's not providing it.
Secondly, LVG has to make the rather simple but sensible decisions such as having Rooney up top, dropping either RVP or Falcao [I'll drop Falcao if it was up to me] and just straight up having all of Fellaini, Blind and Herrera in midfield to give us control [if he insists on a diamond]. Otherwise, drop both RVP and Falcao, go with that midfield 3, Rooney as lone striker with Januzaj and Di Maria supporting as wide forwards.
The problem with Rooney is when played as a striker he tends to still leave his position and go roaming about, so definitely wouldn't play him as a lone striker. He's one of our problems to be honest. I don't know if it's a question of the marketing side of things at United why he's being played all the time at the expense of other more capable midfielders. Getting on my nerves this, play him up top and if he doesn't keep his discipline put him on the bench.

Ixion

After the Southampton game this was by far the trickiest of the next 6 in the League, if we win the next three (big if but two at home) that would be a very good return from the fixtures.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
I'm not one for line up posts but I feel like its the only way I can describe the things wrong with what we're doing right now. If I was to pick the next squad, regardless of suspensions and injuries, I'd choose:

---------------DDG
Rafael-Smalling-Rojo-Shaw
------Herrera---Blind
Januzaj-----Mata-----Di Maria
-------------Rooney

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Not great -but calling us atrocious and an embarrassment is just not right
Bit sick of the spoilt fickle schoolboys on here
Deserved the draw - Adrian made just at least as many saves as DDG
Not a terrible result, had worse results even under SAF when West Ham were a poorer team than they are today.
Not than Januzaj had a particularly bad match but Herrera or Fellaini should have started to have more control in midfield - the team was unbalanced as the defence was too separated from the attack.

Last edited:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
After the Southampton game this was by far the trickiest of the next 6 in the League, if we win the next three (big if but two at home) that would be a very good return from the fixtures.
Yeah that's the way I saw it. I was really nervous about us getting something from there. In fact, it's good we have. Earlier in the season we would have definitely lost. However, I'm through with this game now. Never dwell too long on success or failure. Moving on to Burnley at home now and we will get those three points.

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 491 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 36% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 12% West Ham 0:2 Man Utd