FA W FA Cup Quarter-Final Replay

West Ham United 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 13 April 2016

Keenst

I missed the game last night so I avoided the scores today and downloaded it earlier on. Just watched it a few minutes ago in full. So happy I did as that was a proper entertaining game. We played really well I thought. Everyone put in a good performance bar Rojo and Herrera who were disappointing, especially Rojo. Best players for me were Rashford, Fellaini, De Gea and Mensah.

Rashford's goal was unbelievable, what a find he's been.

Fellaini had one of his better performances for us and deserved his goal, fair play to him.

De Gea has now gotten to the stage now where I'm not surprised when he pulls off these ridiculous saves, you half expect them now. It's like not being surprised when Messi or Ronaldo score 3 or 4 in a game. You expect these things from amazing players and he's amazing.

Like Martin Keown said in commentary, Mensah was like a man possessed. Seriously impressive.

I really enjoyed this game and despite the shitty season we're having it's nice to know that there is still potentially a lot to be excited about going forward.

Last edited:

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Great win last night, I think we've got a good chance of reaching the final now.
To say the least, we're even money with some bookies to lift the trophy. Martinez prob at his lowest point with Everton, Watford are only above Villa at the bottom of the form table and Palace not far ahead of them. Thought we'd let it slip giving away home advantage after playing si poorly against West Ham.

No reason not to go all the way now. They can make their little jokes about the magic of the FA Cup being alive and well as 4 teams from outside the top 4 make it to Wembley but f*ck them, there's young players in this team that can really push on with a new manager and new teammates after winning a trophy.

marlowe78

I don't want to get on Mata's case from the off, but I don't think it was any coincidence that we played a fluid, up-tempo game with him out of the lineup. Skill-wise, Lingard is quite inferior compared to Mata but just the fact that he is faster and has a more productive workrate made us look a lot more dangerous up front. I am really enjoying watching our young front 3 linking up so well and I hope we stay on this path with (perhaps) a new manager coming in.

I was not feeling optimistic with Carrick and Fellaini in the middle but thankfully both played well, especially Fellaini. For whatever reason, West Ham always seem to lay off him and give him space to do what he wants. Carrick played some nice balls through and was pretty good defensively, even though he is clearly not the same player he was a couple of years ago.

Fosu-Mensah was MOTM for me. I am really impressed by his composure and his willingness to take charge in high-pressure situations. We might be onto a real gem there, although he needs more time to prove himself.

We were very good for about 75 minutes when they scored and things got really dodgy. That was another situation where I think having a leader on the pitch and a manager who instructs the players in those situations would take us a long way. As much as I know it will give people spasms, I do have to credit LVG with the right lineup and making the correct subs. Somehow everything he does in the PL is bizarre and lacking common sense but in the FA Cup matches he does the obvious thing and we're going to Wembley.

So to rate our overall game, I'll give us a 7. Solid for most of the game and generally very good performances by the players but we need to see out games much better than we are.

Magnus

Another mad swede
Que sera sera
Whatever will be will be
We're going to Wemberley
Que sera sera

Tell me ma, me ma
To put the champagne on ice
We're going to Wemberley twice
Tell me ma, me ma

bubbles_

It's really weird how football fans have selective memories of their own teams.

Went on a West Ham forum to see how they reacted and most of it was "There should never have been a replay! They cheated in the first leg!"

Am I imagining this or did Payet avoid getting a second yellow for an obvious dive in the box, then get up and dive again only to put the free kick in? Weirdos

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 398 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% West Ham 2:0 Man Utd
  • 14% West Ham 2:1 Man Utd