Wed, 13 April 2016

David Court

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Rashford looks a real prospect

I'm impressed with him

Saving the Dutchman's bacon (rashers)

MoskvaRed

Felt engaged with team again after tonight. Even if we hadn't manage to hold on, at least we went for it rather than playing out sterile possession football. There is something promising there to build on even if we'll be back to safety first futility in the next game after next (surely we can't fail to thrash Villa).

m1y2

what a second half, think if we played like that every game since the beginning of the season, would have been around the first , really exciting that first thirty minutes

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It's important to keep everyone's feet on the ground right now, and it'll be easy to do that knowing that Rashford and Fosu Mensah are the best players in the world.

moxdevil

Get in. Lovely goal from Rashford. Thought Fellaini played well (surprisingly). The game management from LvG was non existent again - he may as well stay in the team hotel.

Devil may care

A good performance, we were the better team and should have really put this to bed before West Ham had their spell of pressure at the end. The link-up play between Martial and Rashford is exciting to see and Fosu-Mensah again looked quality despite having to play in two positions that ren't natural for him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
West Ham fans seemed a bit precious. Goodinson-like. Noble acting the local man hardnut picking Herrera off the field irked me a bit too. At least he isn't going to the euros.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
How many goals have we conceded from set pieces this season?

R'hllor

Just dont understand reaction of some,people calling us shit and clueless whole season and they act surprised that we were under pressure in a away game vs West Ham etc.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Good performance. The attacking intent was the most pleasing aspect. No idea why we play like this once in a while only and that generally when LvG is on brink after a damaging defeat after a series of bad displays.

Sir A1ex

West Ham fans seemed a bit precious. Goodinson-like. Noble acting the local man hardnut picking Herrera off the field irked me a bit too. At least he isn't going to the euros.
Not sure why he doesn't get booked for that. Surely physically picking up an opposition player and carrying them off breaks at least one rule punishable by yellow card, if not several?

Will Singh

Rashford and De Gea

What a fecking game, proper cup game had everything but our attackers were a joy to watch!

TFM is a beast and I hope we give all these youth that have come through long term contracts so we don't have a Pogba repeat!

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Most entertaining game of the season for me, loved some of our play, we seemed to have a real cutting edge. Last 10mins was a mare they bullied us, but the younger players will learn from it.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
TFM and Rashford class, Fellaini had a good game by his standards. Should hopefully lift some spirits knowing we've got a Wembley date set.

Sir A1ex

Just dont understand reaction of some,people calling us shit and clueless whole season and they act surprised that we were under pressure in a away game vs West Ham etc.
Surprised? That is weird.

When we went 2-0 up I said to the missus that unless we got a third within another 5 minutes, the best case scenario was conceding with about 10 to go and holding out against a terrifying bombardment to win 2-1. If I'd had to put money on it at that point I'd have gone for us losing on penalties.

Norris

Good performance. The attacking intent was the most pleasing aspect. No idea why we play like this once in a while only and that generally when LvG is on brink after a damaging defeat after a series of bad displays.
It's not the team, it's the opposition. West Ham for lack of a better phrase did not park the bus. They also played a high line. So Martial, Lingard, Herrera were afforded to make runs into space. Carrick was hardly ever closed down either. A lot of the initiation comes from him or Blind. Fellaini actually dribbled forward. Bilic had his tactics all wrong, but I won't take anything away from our performance. But we usually do tend to play well against teams that give us a little room to breathe.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
it begs the question why the hell can't we consistently put out performances showing some guts. why always from the manager onwards does everyone only come alive when things are dire and their necks are on the line? it's bloody irritating:rolleyes:

Still, will see if I can get some tickets:drool:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Best performance in a while that... always seem to come when LvG Needs a save to relieve the pressure. TFM continuing to look a tank. Rashford brilliant goal. Lingard did well too. Blind and smalling held their line well until the last few minutes where we barely made it.

Herrera had a poor game but as always covered space well and was industrious. Martial was pretty quiet, the rest all good for the most part. Huge chance for us to win a trophy now. Just hope it doesnt keep LVG in the job next year.

Oh and De gea is godly.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Noble is a twat. How was it not a booking to wrestle Herrera off the pitch? You can't go grappling an injured player. Someone needed to put him on the ground for that.

edcunited1878

He's forced to play them because we have literally no other options
That was the point of LVG trimming the squad. The young players he's played have trained with the first team in the weeks before their debut. Just give LVG some credit even though it'll kill some people.

LVG took off Rashford at halftime against Spurs, then promptly re-inserts him into the lineup against West Ham. Literally had no other options right?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Noble is a twat. How was it not a booking to wrestle Herrera off the pitch? You can't go grappling an injured player. Someone needed to put him on the ground for that.
He got his with that hilarious attempt on goal on 92 mins.

What was Payet thinking? There's 2mins left, we have a corner, every bastad bar the keeper and Noble are in the box...

I know...let's lay it back to Noble, who will scream a 30 yarder in...because that's how good he is.

It's f;cking Noble...average as Premier mids get

Fitchett

Exactly what I thought. And that clueless ref just stood there and let him get away with it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Best performance in a while that... always seem to come when LvG Needs a save to relieve the pressure. TFM continuing to look a tank. Rashford brilliant goal. Lingard did well too. Blind and smalling held their line well until the last few minutes where we barely made it.

Herrera had a poor game but as always covered space well and was industrious. Martial was pretty quiet, the rest all good for the most part. Huge chance for us to win a trophy now. Just hope it doesnt keep LVG in the job next year.

Oh and De gea is godly.
Exactly this, didn't expect much, although I didn't think West Ham are as good as Tottenham either.

But a really controlled dominating display, incredible goal from Rashford, good outings from FM and Lingard. And Martial always a thread, and we oddly don't think of him as a youngster like the others

FM is coming on so well, he's starting to look a good bet to nail a regular position down.

Fellaini did well, good sort of game for him, and we looked better with this front 4 than with Mata involved.

Got Rooney on the pitch for a few mins too.

Excellent night.

BarstoolProphet

Positive: Great win. Rashford, TFM, Martial etc. Huge potential. FINALLY Wembley again.

Negative: Another false dawn from LvG...

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 398 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% West Ham 2:0 Man Utd
  • 14% West Ham 2:1 Man Utd