PL L FA Premier League

West Ham United 3:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 10 May 2016

Trizy

I've never been so angry after a United performance, the words I'd use to label half the players in that squad today would get me banned. You can sugar coat is as much as you want but we're fecking terrible. Losing to West Ham in what is practically a final is a fecking joke. They've had a better season than usual but they're shit and always will be Today they done nothing special and still played our spineless bottlers off the park.

The club is in a dire state and we're doing nothing to correct it on or off the pitch.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
I've been conditioned to expect dissapointment when top 4 looks within our grasp this season so losing didn't bother me that much as I expected it. I'm just annoyed at the whole circus around the last match at Upton Park and the commentator cheering their goals and how it is 'meant to be' and all that bullshit. I really wanted us to at least draw just to ruin the whole fecking narrative.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Almost all of our players shouldn't be at this club.

What the hell have we done?

forevrared

What a joke of a club we've become. Incompetence reigns from the absolute top down to the playing staff. Hard to imagine things would have gone this bad when Fergie left.

RedRevongge

Honestly wouldn't care if only De Gea, Rashford and Martial were here next season from the team tonight.

The rest are spineless

C'est Moi Cantona

Martial was good at least, Blind however maybe needs a permanent rest next time.

Top 4 as good as gone, we can only hope LvG follows quickly.

WyoManU

We were lucky they didn't put 6 past us. The top teams in Europe would've the way we defended. When is LVG going to have to own the fact that this is his team and that this is as good as they are?

Woodzy

The only thing we've been half decent all season is making sure there are no goals being scored (at either end), and we couldn't even fecking manage it for 20 fecking minutes.

Spineless players and a fecking clown of a manager who must surely be shown the door.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm not one to defend LVG, but we did score 2 goals in 1 game, so that's a positive, I suppose.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We're just a very average footballing side. Look at the movement and quality of West Ham's play in our half, and look at our aimless, hopeful, disjoint attemlt at putting together attacks in theirs. One is a proper team and the other is just a scattered bunch of individuals hoping one will pull off something great.

A lot of work is required to get us back to the top.

The United

Not being able to defend set pieces and first 15 mins cost us. We all know westham's plan is to get set pieces as much as they could.

Yet, we were fouling them like there was no tomorrow. Pretty naive shit from us.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
We should've lost by a bigger margin. However the goals we actually conceded were just shocking.

If he stays on, he'll do more damage than good. Credit for Rashford, Martial and erm yeah those two but cya later butthead, you're well shit.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Terrible. 3-2 doesn't do West Ham justice and that just sums up everything. Van Gaal simply cannot start next season as Manchester United manager.

The Hacker

You know I feel sick with anger, but if you give stupid free kicks away all night, what do you expect?

No fight, no discipline and no backbone.

Shit.

Jacob

Only Martial, DdG and Smalling are good enough for a top 4 team.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Martial doesn't deserve this result. His team mates let him down.

We've all been saying forever how shit the team's mentality is, and here you have the result. How a highly experienced and well paid coaching staff did nothing to arrest that is just unbelievable.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
They had over 20 attempts at goal, us about 4. That say's it all.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Not only was top 4 in our hands, the actual game was as well. That's the annoying thing, we crumble under the slightest pressure. Bunch of minges.

littlepeasoup

Reckon the occasion got to our players much more than it did the West Ham team. Our passing was atrocious, and all those fouls committed in our final third, jeez.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Pathetic team, pathetic manager.

The only attacking plan is to give it Martial and hope for the best. The lack of urgency in the last 10 minutes for a team needing a win was astounding.

Jose or anyone, this team needs a lot of work before it goes back to the top.

Arsenalization? We'd be lucky. The Liverpoolization of Manchester United is well on.

Shark

@NotShark
I feel fecking sick. 2-1 up and we've fecking lost that. Conceded free kick after free kick. The whole squad and manager aside from Martial and De Gea should be sacked after that.

Riz

Absolutely sickening.

I'd rather we'd have just lost 3-0 than to have our hopes raised only to be completely and utterly shat on by incompetent defending and game management.

I'm baffled at the sheer number of 30-40 yard free kicks we gave them. It was like that WAS our game plan.

Martial you're a diamond and I for one am so very sorry for how your teammates let you down. Pathetic.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Im not worried on us not getting Champions League, with LVG in charge it would have resulted in exiting early again and being embarrased in Europpa.

Nope its best to just concentrate on the The league and English cups with this joke of a manager.

mark_a

Gutted about the result.

In many ways, more shocked by the sentimental grief-fest over a team moving ground! FFS, these are the same pundits who give it the "it puts it all into perspective" when something bad actually happens.

The commentators got the result them wanted there.

There's no way City will lost to Swansea. I hope LvG is as gone as 4th place.

JohnnyKills

Carbon copy of Wolfsburg.

Stakes are high, Martial gives us hope, and the rest of the team freeze (bar Smalling and DDG). Then LVG throws on a young lad he's not played in months to save the game.

This charlatan has to go. If finishing fourth would have prolonged this nightmare, maybe this result is for the best (cue an avalanche of abuse from the t0p reds).

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
This was just a spirit crushing moment. I'd have taken a 3-0 but I was on such a high after Martial's second goal only for us to capitulate like wet toilet paper.

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 94% of 647 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 442 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw