PL L FA Premier League

West Ham United 3:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 10 May 2016

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
We would've been out in the group stage anyway. Though being out of the CL AGAIN will feck our transfer summer even more and we'll most likely end up with another batch of mediocre overpriced shite.

I have never imagined the post Fergie transition would be handled with such ruthless incompetence.

acrebo

Pathetic display, it really was.

I expected a far better West Ham performance and I still expected us to grind out a win. I was kidding myself - West Ham are, in truth, an average one-dimensional side and we absolutely played into their hands throughout.

Martial has got to be wondering what he signed up to.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The sad part is that City don't even need to win this weekend. All they have to do is get a draw which they will.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
This game is like Van Gaal's reign. It's shit in the beginning, then you get some hope and promise, and then he crushes you and leaves you heartbroken.

Great story for fecking West Ham fans though.

And why the mix of Anderson and Beckham plays against Manchester United?

vk20legend

Only silver lining is now that we are bound to miss UCL.. LvG has to go.. Bring on Mourinho..

Martial is a top top player.. Maybe two good things from this wretched year..

Can we please for God sake buy a proper CB or two who can handle this type of football..

eggwithsideburns

Just like the Wolfsburg game, it gave us some hope when we took the lead but we just broke down in defence, we are usually stable in defending, but when it really matters we go and concede 3 goals.

Siorac

Van Gaal should have been fecked off in December. But if he still isn't fired after THIS then we're a joke. This match was the perfect embodiment of everything wrong with the entire Van Gaal era. In the most important game of the season we were utterly spineless, clueless, couldn't even do the basics right, offered no quality or fight or anything. We were completely outplayed to an embarassing extent.

And the savage irony is that Martial still could have saved us but throughout the second half we failed at the one thing this Van Gaal team is good at: we couldn't keep the fecking ball. Couldn't string two passes together and therefore panicked and kept giving away stupid freekicks.

And yes, Blind isn't a CB, yes, Herrera, Schneiderlin, Rooney were all unforgivably awful, yes Valencia at right back is still a sick joke. But most of all, Van Gaal must be fecked off. As quickly as possible. This isn't going to get better. There's no magical process that will come to fruition eventually. This is just a series of disasters punctuated by some false dawns when we sometimes put together a decent performance by complete accident.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Bottled it against Middlesbrough. Bottled it against PSV. Bottled it against Wolfsburg. And now bottled it against West Ham.
Do people really think we can win the FA Cup?

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Fair play to West Ham(players only, horrible club), they put in a performance we could only dream of and fully deserved it.

As far as we go, I have nothing to say without bursting a blood vessel.

G-manc

Utterly depressing, spineless performance.

Aside from maybe half a dozen players it honestly wouldn't bother me if the rest were moved on. I know Fellaini gets some stick but Herrera is dogshit - i don't get the love for him at all. He and Mata can feck off and be nice guys somewhere else.

kundalini

Gutless display.

Daley Blind gave his worst performance in a United shirt. Valencia astonishingly bad. Schneiderlin shocking. Carrick only slightly better. Rojo usual crap performance. Rooney a mix of a few good moments and some inept play. Herrera poor.

Quite why we had Blind, Carrick, Smalling and Rooney passing the ball between themselves with 4 mins left is beyond me.

Red Stone

If I told you how I really feel after that I'd probably get banned.

Blind should walk home. Hope he goes through that crowd of West Ham fans that assaulted our bus. Actually, he'd probably get carried by them all the way to Manchester. He was their MOTM after all.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Fair result.

I for one think we did well to finish top 6. The quality of our squad is a lot worse than we seem to think.
Yep. I don't think we'll sign top quality players this summer either. We've found ourselves in a pretty difficult situation.

Irrational.

The must win game turned into the most fecked up game.

West Ham and their bunch of leviathan oafs tumbling at every opportunity, their hooligan fans and their small time attitude can feck off.

It's out of our hands now. We can only hope.

LVG out, Woodward don't feck around with Mourinho - don't want to miss out like we did with Sanches earlier today.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Even when we went 2-1 up I never believed we would hold on.

wiz4231

Blind - woeful, shocking
Why the feck did we keep on giving free kicks away to the best set piece taker in the league, stupidity, cost us the game. Top 4 is done now, city won't lose their last game, then again I don't believe we'll win our last either

The Hungry Surgeon

Bottled it in another must win game, can't say I'm surprised.

Brought it on ourselves by failing to turn up in the first half and giving away so many stupid free kicks in the second, given the obvious danger they pose from set pieces.

Martial the only silver lining, well him and the fact this trainwreck of a season is nearly over.

Mal donaghy

Game raising fuclers West Ham though, if they played every game with the same intensity, they would be Champions league regulars, like Sir Alex used to say "cheating their fans, cheating their manager".

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Most important game of the season, and we buckled under the atmosphere of that lot of troglodytes celebrating a pisspot shithole football ground getting flushed into history. feck off.

Gifted an enormous opportunity to save the season and pissed it away. How many opportunities have we been gifted all season long, and every time we have just ignored it.

It's like we played to all of West Ham's strengths. Let's just keep giving them free kicks around the area, let's keep letting them cross it, let's float diagonal balls towards players who are being marked by defenders twice their size and hope something comes of it.

Shite. Now we've praying for the godawful Swansea to somehow beat City. You know, they probably will, but we'll scrape a 0-0 draw against a plucky Bournemouth with nothing to play for and piss it up the wall again.

adamwest

Pretty depressing how it all unfolded but if you thought we deserved anything from that game you're blind, deaf and dumb. We were fecking dominated. Pathetic.

Ryan7

Pathetic, as usual. It's over. Too many players that aren't good enough led by a moronic manager.

Ventura

The only unexpected thing is that we managed to score twice, way more than our average, and away too!

Other than that it went the way most people expected.

FujiVice

We went 2-1, but that doesnt tell half the story of this game. Sure we took the lead, but that's like when Wrexham went 1-0 against us in the FA Cup years ago. The tore the shit out of us from the first whistle. We turned up needing a win and that's what we got out of this team. Van Gaal can say what he likes, but he built this team. He sold Van Persie, Di Maria, Nani, Hernandez and all that lot, and he bought in his own squad. And that's what you got. How the feck is he still at our club? It makes my feet itch thinking of how he's been allowed to do this week in week out.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
We threw it away by our persistent fouling, giving away set-pieces.

stu_1992

Well we threw that the feck away. That's put in a right terrible mood. Fecking hell. The way it played out is the worst. No way I'm sticking around to watch Sky wank off West Ham over this fecking stadium.

Von Mistelroum

Completely awful. Some of these players really should not be at a top club. No pride, no bottle, no heart with the notable exceptions of Smalling, Martial and De Gea. When your big offensive change is Jesse Lingard you know you're fecked. Only one more year of this tumescent crap though and then it's, er, Giggs time.....ah, nuts :(

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I am so angry.

It was always going to be a hard game with the hype around Upton Park etc but we just had no fight at all. It was a must win game and we could barely even get in their half.

We are so pathetic and useless and have definitely taken Arsenals title of biggest bottlers in the league.

Dir Wangem

Almost perfectly summed up our season that.

- Loss away from home? Check.
- Being outplayed for a long period and lucky not to concede more? Check.
- Martial single-handedly having to carry our attack? Check.
- Ridiculously bad defending from set pieces? Check.
- Had a golden opportunity to catch up with/get past our rivals, but failed? Check.
- Low scoring game? Fail.

Oooo, so close. Almost a bit disappointing...

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
How stupid are these players? They saw them getting closer and closer with those set pieces and Herrera and co just continued fouling them all around the area.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Time for a whole set of negative chants to be sung at these so called players and the staff these next two games. Feck it being an FA Cup Final, fans need to rip the shit out of these frauds.

VivaJanuzaj

fecking worthless scumbags who make too fecking much money for the level of shit they produce every single week marshalled by the world's biggest flop

Kostur

海尔的老板
Well deserved by WHU, we didn't deserve 4th, fecking cnuts all over the squad, shite mentality, wouldn't be surprised if we bottled fecking FA cup as well. Clown out, should take this circus with himself somewhere.

stevoc

Fair result.

I for one think we did well to finish top 6. The quality of our squad is a lot worse than we seem to think.
Yep it's mediocre at best. And again tonight Blind, Rojo, Valencia, Rooney and Mata all playing out of position. 3 of our back 4.

It's been the same story all season, and a big reason why we have been shit.

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 94% of 647 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 442 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw