FA W FA Cup 5th Round

Manchester United 1:0 West Ham United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 09 February 2021

Crimson King

I was more annoyed with Rashford, aside from one or two pieces of skill he was very poor...I actually think Martial was working harder.
Martial held the ball up well when playing as the CF I thought. Wasn't much space around him, or movement from teammates though.

Chairman Steve

Boring as shit game. West Ham were parking a cruise ship at OT and we had a blunt attack starting and needed the cavalry to come in and do the job.

Dont think our defence were ever really troubled in those 2 hours.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You cant really suss out FA cup knock out ties. We won, I'm happy, hope we don't have niggling injuries. Looking forward to Sunday now.

tomaldinho1

Such a snooze fest that, Moyes 'the Chosen One' showing what we are missing out on

Acole9

Outstanding
Moyes had an absolute mare with his choice of substitutions. Brought on about six players and still managed to feck it up.

Played like absolute dross for the majority of the match yet people will still say he needed more time at United... unreal.

RedIan

god that was dull, we were in control of the game but lacked ideas and quality upfront - disappointing game for VDB - he doesnt look even half the player Bruno is.
West ham were pretty crap. We scraped a win without ever getting out of 3rd gear but overall deserved the win.

Redlyn

Martial worked a bit but that was blunt. Overall happy as from when Cavani came on. We looked a team. The less said about the match before that the better. McT can sure can find the net. All those doubting that sub from Ole got their answer. Fred doing his actual job perfectly, not trying to be a Bruno-Pogba hybrid.

On to the next round.

Also is vdb going to make it? I know how long it took Fred to get going but surely there has to be flashes by now? We played the most tedious one paced sideways passing football with him on, albeit too high up.

Chairman Steve

Can’t wait to draw Chelsea or Leicester in the next round, then City in the semis if we get past that.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Should’ve finish off the game in 90 min but not clinical enough. Rashford and Martial having a bad spell.

Donny needs more time to settle, not good enough to start games atm.

Better and more resolute defending today from CB’s and GK.But nervous as feck everytime a cross comes into the box.

Most important: A win.

Ivor Ballokov

Thank god that's over.
Rashford got the assist but he was our worst player by far. Disappointed he wasn't hooked instead of Greenwood.
McTominay with 7 goals this season, that's a good effort.
VdB looked lost at times, there were a few occasions he looked like he was marking one of his teammates he was so much in their space. He needs to be braver with the ball too.
Can't be too harsh on West Ham who were missing their star man but at least they'll have Jesse back for the next game so there is that.
feck off Moyes.

OneUnited24

Boring game but West Ham had a game plan and followed it to the letter. Two banks of 5 most of the time offered very little going forward. Most teams would find it hard to break that down let alone make it an entertaining game.

good win. Would have liked to have won it in the 90 but at least there’s 4 days until our next game.

stu_1992

Can't say it was anywhere close to the most thrilling game I've watched but job done. Shame we needed extra time to do it but hopefully that doesn't cost us too much. Nice goal by McTominay. He came flying into the box to meet that. Smashed it home. Good stuff. Glad to see him step up like that again.

Red & White

Delighted we’re into the quarter finals! That 90 minutes was a chore and I’ve seen some awful games. Hopefully we get a good draw. 7 FA Cup quarter finals in a row? Surely we can add another FA Cup to the honours. Get in!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Also is vdb going to make it? I know how long it took Fred to get going but surely there has to be flashes by now? We played the most tedious one paced sideways passing football with him on, albeit too high up.
I don't think he'll make it in an attacking position. He's been poor every time he's played there and of course he has Bruno in front of him.

His only chance is in one of the deeper midfield roles, and with the way this match went I think it might have actually been a good one for him. Kind of wish we'd bought Bruno on a bit earlier for Matic and pushed VDB into a deeper role for 10 minutes or so to see what he could do there.

Deery

Dreary
Not how I expected us to win but it’s a really important win none the less, didn’t play particularly well but got the win something might just happen this season..

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 234 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Man Utd 2:1 West Ham
  • 21% Man Utd 2:0 West Ham