g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 West Ham United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 14 March 2021

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
No complaints, especially as WH came with a double-decker and no intention to attack for 60 minutes. Should have won more comfortably and this puts as firmly in top 4 barring some massive implosion.

Maguire, Shaw and Greenwood all very good.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
This game shows precisely why Moyes will never go beyond a mid table team. They were playing well, coming on the back of good results with confidence and instead of taking a shot and trying to break into the top 4, he set out his stall with three defensive midfielders and one isolated attacker.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Massive 3 points against an anti-football Moyes side with most of our attacking players out.

Maguire was a rock at the back, Luke Shaw tip toeing his way out of a press so calmly summed up his brilliant outing as well. But my MOTM would probably be Greenwood - it's the best we've seen him play in a while. Lad deserved a goal, and if he keeps playing up front, he'll get it. Bruno and Rashford were gassed at the end, but led with their energy till the very end.

Dan James, on the other hand, should not be starting for us. Killed all our counters, provided nothing from the right, and was generally ineffective using the width he provided. AWB didn't have a good game, either, but he's been playing non-stop as well. I'm disappointed Ole didn't make the call to trust Diallo as an outlet when towards the end.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Very important result. The players looked ragged and ran on empty during the last 20 minutes. I wish they could do a better job at simple passing. Giving the ball away too much.

90 + 5min

Maybe Harry was asking Rice to be CB, although both him and Victor would great tonight, as was Luke. Must be the easiest game Dean has had.
Did Henderson make any save? I was pleased about him controling his area. Brave goalkeeper. But still lot to learn looking at previous games.

I know many rate Rice but I'm not yet convinced that he is that good as people say he is.

Pjisared

I would love to play Fred at snooker, he would pot every colour apart from reds ;)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Did Henderson make any save? I was pleased about him controling his area. Brave goalkeeper. But still lot to learn looking at previous games.

I know many rate Rice but I'm not yet convinced that he is that good as people say he is.
Doubt we have the money that West Ham would want for Rice anyway. I think he is good, but needs to be at a better club to improve further.

tomaldinho1

Just point to this game when Moyes fans come out of the woodwork, perfect example of why he isn't fit for this club especially against a team that struggles against pressing teams and has a shakey defence.
Wait...there’s remnants of the ‘give him time’ Moyes gang left?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Decent performance. About as composed as a 1-0 can be really.

Should've had more goals. Greenwood hit the post twice, Rashford missed a sitter again and James fecked up a 4 on 2 counter.

Eire Red United

Decent performance, very good result against that lot, really should have been 3 or 4 though.

Impressed with Greenwood, really unlucky not to have at least one goal and an assist there. Rashford still not at himself and looks like he needs a month off. Looked dangerous though and always causes panic, really needs to sort out his final ball as does James.
Bruno worked his socks off as usual and played some worldie passes, hope to feck he hasnt hurt himself though.
Defensively all decent with not much to do, Luke Shaw has turned in to a fabulous footballer, our best player at the minute imo

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Good to see Greenwood playing well again. Good not to concede.
Bad to butcher several good counter attacking opportunities.

Jonno

Really is a chore watching low block teams against us, so it was nice to see us stick it to them, score, and force them to come out and play - at which point we carved them open and could have won 3-0 or 4-0

croadyman

If the ref had let them take that corner I'm convinced we'd be talking about a draw :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah you were proper getting AC Milan vibes from that corner but thankfully for us the ref decided there wasn't time for it to be taken

always_hoping

Comparison to how Man City did at home recently against West Ham (both won narrowly)

United had more more shots on goal, on target, simliar possession, more passes, better accuracy in passing, more corners than City had against Moyes negative and defensive West ham. .

croadyman

Blow the whole budget on Haaland in tve summer! Ps. Lovely win!
Don't do it to yourself then will be easier to accept when he is ripping it up at City either this summer or more realistically next

cyberman

West Ham deserved everything they got. We could have scored 2 or 3 more, it wasnt even a good bit of bus parking

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Comparison to how Man City did at home recently against West Ham (both won narrowly)

United had more more shots on goal, on target, simliar possession, more passes, better accuracy in passing, more corners than City had against Moyes negative and defensive West ham. .

Just shows you, yet City will be hailed as brilliant. In fact they are worse as WHU had some shots on target.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
never in doubt. The only surprise today is that we didn't score more. Only one team playing football today. Could have easily been 3 or 4 goals...

croadyman

Sure Ole said there are players ready to come back in. Does anybody know who he mentioned. It was on MUTV.
We desperately need Eddy & Pogba back because think they are our 20/21 version of him & Zlatan which I know might sound daft to some

redmanx

Not the best performance but nothing terrible. A good 3 points against a team that showed good spirit after conceding.

Shaw excellent. Maguire and Lindelof brilliant as usual. Bruno and McT were decent too.

I'm a bit worried about Mason's inability to score if we're going to play him up top. Why are all our strikers like this?
Apart from Cavanni we havent really got a proven goal scorer, Rashford and Martial are too often sloppy and nowhere near clinical enough while Mason Greenwood shows promise but is far for the finished article. I think we should go all out for a top striker, Haaland would be awesome but I suspect he'll move to a team more likely to win big honours next season, but money should not come into it and to balance the books we should sell Martial and Pogba.

zizou81

Why cant we do the rudimentary things right? Cant make a simple pass forward. Games like this make me miss players like park jisung. He always played the right and simple pass forward. Didnt have to do anything fancy but such a smart footballing brain.

Awb, fred and Daniel james just aren't smart enough. Not sure if its coaching or just IQ. Bruno killed a few attacks as well.

3 pts most important, but moyes set his team not to lose and we could have done better.

MissKatie

Supports
Northampton Town
Always nice to Owen Goal back on the scoresheet. He's been quiet for a while

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 291 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win