PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 West Ham United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 22 January 2022

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Official image. He was onside, camera perspective just fecks with our judgement a lot.
Nothing to do with the camera and all to do with that sweet ABU feeling. Pathetic stuff everywhere you go online

MrBest

So gutted this was a 3pm kick off which meant I couldn't watch. By the sounds of it, we played well but still lacking that edge. I have no nails left, the refresh button on bbc probably worn down today. Great 3 points though, badly needed, clean sheet against a solid team who have been difficult to beat. This puts us in a good position for the next 4 games, win them we are on 50 points after 26 games which is not terrible given where we were.

Firestorm

I didn’t watch the game but sounds like Fergie time is back ! Feck off Moyes

redshaw

Some good signs for United. Of course people want to have chances galore but we were getting cut to ribbons by everyone. We performed well and limited a decent side to very little. At home the team has been especially poor but today you can see the players putting more in the game and the crowd responding.

Leonzo1

We are getting better. Much more controlled and composed today. Once we start establishing doninance in our games again the chances will come.

Ixion

The offside line shouldn't be parallel to that left field line. Looks like Cavani's head is ahead of WH's boot (yes you can score with your head).
His head is not ahead of the blue line

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
even if we had drawn i was thinking to myself this is a pretty good performance against a team in the top 4. Control from start to finish.

Really good and looking positive.

Maybe elanga wasnt great and dalot was shooting too much.

BorisManUtd

Did not watch the game but looking at stats, it seems like a very similar game to the one we played against West Ham last season at OT, with us having more of control and posession and them mostly defending. It was expected from Moyes, thankfully we won in the end again.

Fts 74

Credit must go to Ralf for trying to actually win the game what a refreshing change.

For the first time in a long time I never felt we were in any danger, if we could just get the forwards firing we'll be so much better.

Delighted with the result and performance some of the comments in here why do people even bother supporting us honestly.

Withnail

The offside line shouldn't be parallel to that left field line. Looks like Cavani's head is ahead of WH's boot (yes you can score with your head).
That's not how they work.

You can't look at his head which is in the foreground vs a line on the ground in the background.

The line marks where the furthest forward scoring part of his body is.

ash_86

even if we had drawn i was thinking to myself this is a pretty good performance against a team in the top 4. Control from start to finish.

Really good and looking positive.

Maybe elanga wasnt great and dalot was shooting too much.
I'm on the same boat. I saw a lot of positive things today, lot of players fighting for each other and holding each other backs. Elenga has shown the way to get into the team. His un selfishness is spreading among the teammates. It was a positive controlled performance and goal was a cherry topping.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I'm on the same boat. I saw a lot of positive things today, lot of players fighting for each other and holding each other backs. Elenga has shown the way to get into the team. His un selfishness is spreading among the teammates. It was a positive controlled performance and goal was a cherry topping.
Yea agreed.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That's not how they work.

You can't look at his head which is in the foreground vs a line on the ground in the background.

The line marks where the furthest forward scoring part of his body is.
I was talking about why the blueline parallel to that field shade. Anyway, I don't care that much. It's good that it wasn't offside.

minoo-utd

Would it matter if it was an offside? We saw lot of decisions go against us and vice versa and it will keep happening with VAR or not. I take the win by any means.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Rangnick obviously had a word with Maguire at half time to stop needlessly giving the ball away because in the second half he started to retain the ball more.

Overall best performance under Rangnick.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nothing to do with the camera and all to do with that sweet ABU feeling. Pathetic stuff everywhere you go online
I think it's also because people have forgotten/not understood it's on feet position now, not hair/arms/etc, where it'd be offside on the old rules.

MalaysianRed7

That euphoric feeling when I realised Marcus scored and was onside can’t be topped by most other things in this world. Absolutely delighted for him, Maguire and Martial for their great contribution today. These players have been rightly criticised, so they ought to be praised when they play well as well. United over petty agenda’s.

Also, we called for the control that Ralf promised, and we got it. We had all the ball and all the shots, and a certified top 7 team who outplayed Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs this season didn’t threaten us whatsoever, which is extremely pleasing. The defence were very solid, and McFred were as reliable as they have been since Ralf took over. I do think one of them should be replaced with a more reliable ball player though, as their iffy passing negates their unquestionable endeavour sometimes.

However, we also didn’t create enough chances. I’ll just put that down to Bruno having an off day. If he plays like how he did against Villa and Brentford, coupled with the control we had today as a team, we’ll be a difficult team to stop. Ronaldo is starting to become a problem though. Never thought I’d say this, especially considering the thread I started back in October calling out the media’s agenda against him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I thought we played well as far as applying pressure and attempting to play a proactive game against a West Ham team who were setup to soak pressure with numbers behind the ball. West Ham fully deserved to lose the game with their cowardly approach.

I also think we missed Pogba in this game and believe the game would've been over earlier had he been playing due to the way West Ham setup. We lacked craft and guile in midfield and having a play making box to box player in midfield against a team who put numbers behind the ball, would've really helped.

I think the return of Pogba has the potential to be quite pivotal for us, because we don't have a player with his profile in central areas.

Abraxas

I thought West Ham looked pretty desperate for a draw today. Which is a bit strange considering how vulnerable we have been this season.

We made all the running in the game and for once kept the opposition quiet. Our creativity in the final third was not fantastic but you have to credit the opposition who play with a defensive midfield and have some solid defenders.

Belisarius

Wins like this build momentum. Spurs and us will take it to the wire for top 4 by the looks of it. I’m backing us to get in, it was such a massive 3 points for us today. Still buzzzzzing
I think Chelsea is in the mix with us and Spurs also fighting for 3rd and 4th. Arsenal could also get in there but I doubt it.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Only just watched the game, after playing myself.
Seemed like West Ham wanted a draw and played in the counter most of the game.
We were the better side throughout, deserved victory.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 265 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Man Utd 2:1 West Ham
  • 16% Man Utd 2:0 West Ham