PL L FA Premier League

West Ham United 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 07 May 2023

wangyu

We have the attack of a team fighting against relegation. it doesn’t really matter whether we play weghorst or martial upfront, they’re both invisible where they need to be visible. We also rely too much on Bruno, he has all the weight on his shoulder to play the attacking cross or through ball, I’m not going to blame him for lesser games. Our wide players don’t share the weight enough. Rashford is a cycle player, he has always been like that, good periodes followed by lesser periodes.

That is just the attack though, we also struggle in midfield, it is not fast enough, not precise enough.

Still not worried with 3 home games upcoming though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I genuinely think that was our worst performance of the season. Not in terms of scoreline but literally everything else. You’d think some of the passes would be good just based on the law of averages but it was just pure non-league level shit.

The home crowd were fecking silent. They had no interest in even creating an atmosphere and yet we still played so slowly and meek. Then de Gea produces an absolute shocker and we look completely out of ideas as if 1 - 0 is just too big a mountain to climb.

As the game wore on we basically turned into a childish kid who just dives in and spams the slide tackle button because they’re pissed off. Finally raised the tempo to lukewarm in the 90th minute. Even the players that came on instantly fecked up. It’s like a brain rot infecting the whole squad.

First week of rest since October coming up and they better make the most of it. Should still be able to win our home games and be fine but another bad result and it will be very concerning.

Rustyspider13

Limped our way to a defeat. The same player costing us top 4 again. Casemiro too slow to everything, Eriksen couldn't ping a single great pass to offset his defensive weakness, attackers can't shoot away from the keeper. Horrible performance but I blame DDG for it all. You can't give a team that wants to defend the incentive to defend. You just can't.

We've got 3 home games. One of those against Chelsea. We need to win all 3. I don't know if we can. I feel hopeless.

DickDastardly

Two good losses. They will do us good in the long term.

Imagine if both last games were 0-0, we would only be 2 points more.
Insignificant.

What we need is 3 victories.

What the players need is a proper kicking in the head.

Hope Erik gives it to them.

Zoo

The body language is terrible isn’t it? Ten Hag needs to do some serious work.

Abhinav

Nothing new to see. We will we always be a bunch of cowards. When the going gets tough, our players whimper away. We can change as many managers as we want, there is a clear mentality deficit at the club.
DDG, Martial, Fred, Maguire, Sancho all plus a bunch of more need to go.
To be honest, even the new buys have not been all great. Huge question marks on Antony and Malacia. Eriksen needs to be a rotation option.
EtH needs to stop with the Weghorst experiment or he can also go.

Chairman Steve

Ugh past few games have been flat out awful and not a great watch. I’m just camping the takeover thread because any significant news on that overrides whatever the feck happens between now and the end of the season. That’s all that matters in my opinion. I hope to hell that is sorted soon.

DDG needs replacing and we need a striker. Fecking everyone knows that. Rashford has reverted back to his last season form strangely and everyone looked like they didn’t want to be there.

We actually have a midweek off in god knows how long. I think the Queen’s body was still a little bit warm when that happened, so if they can’t get up for the next game with that additional rest and somehow not win then I’m giving up watching them for the reminder of the season.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
De Gea is finished hopefully. He always has these brainfarts in him. Has to be the first one shown the door in the summer.

Todd

It's not even surprising at this point. We're ending the season the way we started it. Not with a bang but a whimper.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Luke Shaw is the only defender I'd keep. In midfield, Casemiro as a sub. In attack, Rashford for the bench as well.

This is the long term but it's unacceptable to be playing like this.

Get In Scholesy

Pathetic team and mentality.

Under Fergie, no players place was safe. These showers of shit perform like ass and will still have their place in the team the next week.

If i’m ETH I wouldn’t start 6-7 of those who started today next week.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
The last 10 minutes we showed aggression, running off the ball, good early passes into space allowing players time on the ball, had four good efforts on goal. Why don't we play with this intensity all game instead of slow laborious build up resulting in our attackers being faced by two or three defenders.

TheRedHearted

Absolutely fecking fuming. The goal, Benrama being a total cnut and trolling Rashford by doing his celebration (shows the heart of a absolute bottom feeder and a bottom trash club). Bissaka being smashed in the head and no penalty, what the feck?

Heinzesight

The last 10 minutes we showed aggression, running off the ball, good early passes into space allowing players time on the ball, had four good efforts on goal. Why don't we play with this intensity all game instead of slow laborious build up resulting in our attackers being faced by two or three defenders.
Drives me fecking mad shit like that. Our best move came in the 90th minute.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
We're really not a top 4 team after Lisandro's injury
Lisandro and Varane are both being missed. I don't think defense is letting us down, however. Luke and Lindelof deserve huge credit. It's mostly that our midfield and attack have been horrible. Eriksen, Sabitzer (in all games but Sevilla), and Fred are playing garbage. Antony has no teeth, Rashford exhausted. Wghorst an empty space, Martial mostly nothing.

NK86

What a shitty way to lose a game of football. Worse than the Brighton pen. Gutted.
We could play till next weekend and we still won't score. This team does not have patterns of play to open up tight defenses and It's clear as day we are still just a counter attacking side. Not sure if it's just the players or the coaching (feel it's more a coaching thing especially when smaller teams play better football than us).

Last edited:

hatchetmac

We are finishing like we did last season under Rangnick absolutely shocking. Big changes need to happen next season.

Heinzesight

Absolutely fecking fuming. The goal, Benrama being a total cnut and trolling Rashford by doing his celebration (shows the heart of a absolute bottom feeder and a bottom trash club). Bissaka being smashed in the head and no penalty, what the feck?
What actually happened with that, was he punched in the head by the keeper?

Stretfordender

Don’t anyone try and flower that performance up it was fecking shocking from start to finish. We could’ve been there until the middle of next week and we wouldn’t score. Make no mistake maguire being in team makes us nervous but not half as much as De Gea does. Basics can’t even do them right.

GledTheRed

DDG cost us us that. West Ham were rubbish and not threatening until DDG gave the goal. This made them fight for the win and the crowd then woke up.

He needs to go. whats the point in him saving world class efforts that no goalkeeper is expected to save when he lets in mistakes that every keeper saves bread and butter.
Absolutely, they were shit and the crowd flat until that money, I'm sick to death of DDG and his clangers, he's got zero bottle.

Player Ratings

3.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 221 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% West Ham 0:2 Man Utd
  • 21% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd