PL L FA Premier League

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 02 April 2019

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Appalling from the players and management. Sort it out!

RedCurry

We had chances but didn't take them and then fell apart a bit after their equalizer. McTominay the only real positive from this game. Sad thing is over the years, we've gotten quite used to this sort of performance.
That's the - if only every chance was converted to a goal argument. No team scores them. Our creativity is non-existent and we don't especially have the type of coaching staff who could improve it. Top teams will consistently carve teams open.

Dr. StrangeHate

Wolves had a better team than us today. They have a better midfield, equal attackers and worse defenders. Overall I would say man for man they have a better team. We got comprehensively outplayed. There was no luck involved.

MrHozl

Lukaku missing 100% sitters costs us dearly yet again. This is why he must go. Will never reach a necessary level of goals per season as he burns through way too many chances.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Started well, Lingard misses a sitter, DDG gives Fred a ball which Fred still hasn't the awareness that he's going to be challenged in the PL.

Young was awful and got sent off as well. Lingard totally pointless as nearly always. Lindelof poor, DDG poor apart from one save. Smalling poor.

Went for a pee and came back to find Lingard still on the pitch and Lukaku off but don't know why. Martial and Lukaku together might have been more of a threat.

Two games against Wolves and two poorest performances under Ole.

Question is why was our choice of footwear ice-skates whereas Wolves were not slipping and sliding all over the place.

Full bodied red

Anyone would be forgiven for thinking that some of that lot don't really want to be here.

A rare bad game from DDG so I'll forgive him but I won't cry if he goes either. Romero plus £100 million would be good business, no doubt about it.

As for Pogba - enough is enough. Get him out of my club. Please.

lysglimt

Scout
People will talk about the dross, but the likes of De Gea and Pogba are completely bereft.

De Gea looks like he's going through a similar decline to Lloris. He was a gutless disgrace on their winner.

It's hard to be too angry anymore. This is just a reversion to type after a honeymoon period.

We will regret the Solskjaer appointment soon enough. Should have got someone with major pedigree to oversee the gutting of the squad that is needed instead of this "someone who gets the club" bollocks.
You mean like Mourinho, LvG or Moyes ? At least give the guy a chance to get some of HIS players in Before you slaughter him.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This game should have been finished in the first 20 mins but those 2 donkeys missed easy chances and then fred f'ed up.
Well can’t argue with any of that!

Poor tactics again after a good start. Just have to question why Young is still here and captain? What Dalot offers? Our best players were McT, Shaw and Smalling. Fred was good but looked way short of game time.

I don’t think I care about the Barca game. We’re differing nothing right now.

Coops73

Rubbish, the only player worth his salt tonight was McTominay. Our passing was fecking gash as was Lingard, Pogba, Lukaku and Fred in particular. Build a team around Pogba? Er no! Absolutely gutted about tonight but apart from the first 15-20 minutes I thought Wolves were by far the better team, they won every 2nd ball and when we did have the ball I felt it was because they let us have it rather than us controlling it.

Sorry if that all sounds a bit reactionary and dramatic but I thought we were really poor but fair fecks to Wolves, they deserved the win.

Kostov

What the feck are we expecting by a team captained by Ashley Young, an attack led by an absolute abysmal football player like Lingard? Add on that absolute dross like Fred, a brainfart by resident meme Jones and his buddy Smalling, and we have a fecking circus. Feck off

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I'm not surprised that people are blaming Pogba again. He was the only one - and I mean literally the only one - trying to pass forward or find a final ball. It is so unfortunate that he has useless players like Young in his team. This is not a game we'd have lost if we had 11 players on the pitch.

careca07

You cannot expect to be higher in the league with the standard of players we have.

Lingard, Jones, Young, Valencia, Fred are nowhere near good enough

Then there’s the inconsistency of the players we do have that are good enough - Pogba, Martial, Rashford, now De Gea

That’s a scary combination. We really do need a lot of money spending on a lot of new players - this idea that you can’t ship out seven players and sign seven better ones due to upsetting squad harmony or something is what will leave us light years behind City, Liverpool and the rest of Europe.

Also much as Ole had an incredible run, why did we make him permanent on the back of two defeats, going out of the cup and handing new contracts to the likes of Phil Jones? The momentum had clearly gone. That’s one win in five now. We didn’t need to make him permanent until the summer, he was desperate for the job, why not wait to see where we finished?

eire-red

Why did Lukaku come off instead of Lingard. Actually, how is Lingard even still around this team? Extremely limited player who has the odd decent performance/run of goal scoring and is forever a 'good young English player.'

Too many of our players are past it, Young, Jones and Smalling not good enough if we really want to progress as a team. Sad to see what Moyes, van Gaal and and Mourinho have done to this club.

Pogba seems to have his head elsewhere. We missed Rashford today. Hmm what else... Not taking our chances, Fred just too unreliable and unpredictable. Its the same old story really, and its the same players so it shouldnt really be a surprise i guess. Ole has taken the performances up a level, and there is an improvement but there's only so much that can be expected.

Huge transfer window coming up.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
If Ole continues to trust players like Young, Smalling, Jones, etc, he'll be sacked this time next year.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We started very well and had them on the ropes. Should've scored 3 goals in the first half but instead fecked up to give Wolves a life line. Conceding the goal jolted us but we came out in the second half and played very well and could've retaken the lead through McTominay. Even after the red card we looked the team more likely but it just wasn't our day. On another day we win comfortably.

Ole was spot on with the the way he set the team up and I have zero complaints. Wolves were very fortunate to come away with the win but that's football.

NinjaFletch

I think Wolves could end up finishing ahead of us.
We're 14 points ahead of them with 6 games left.

I know people like to piss their pants whenever we don't win, but feck me this takes the biscuit.

Ibrahimorich

Well the whole "appoint him now to get a boost" really backfired on us.

Good start to the game but we fell apart after that. Lingard anonymous. Lukaku missing a sitter. Young brain-dead. Dave sloppy.

Poor all around.

Top 4 looking super unlikely with Spurs and City to come.

MrSingh2002

Shit bastard weak minded unmotivated cnuts.

I'd replace most of these chumps if given the chance.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Give me a break - we actually played really good football for the first 30 minutes...we failed to take our chances and were sloppy defensively. Clueless - absolutely not
Sorry, forgot to specify, other than the 20-30 minutes where we looked alright but our star striker couldn’t finish for shit from a few yards out again.
Just 60-70 minutes where we didn’t know how to defend or move or pass or shoot.

Devil may care

We should have been 3 up before we conspired to gift them a way back into it, but once the score was 1-1 we faded badly and created very little, there was no spark and the lack of technical quality all over the pitch was an eyesore.

UnitedChampionsAgain

It's hardly worth training that shower of shite. As clueless as they come. Pogba and Lingard should never play again. Made wolves bang average journeymen look great once again.

Kopral Jono

No gas left. The momentum that started in Dec and peaked with the game in Paris has ended.

4th place would be a title in itself. It's up to Bottletino now, since Arse, for whatever reason, seems in top form and clearly favorites for the Europa League and 3rd place.
Bolded is very accurate. We're physically and mentally spent.

big rons sovereign

Utter garbage and we'll continue to be with likes of Young and Smalling starting games. Smalling makes mistakes, but Young is just ridiculous now.

Pogba seems so busy whoring himself to Madrid he's forgotten he still plays for United.

We could lose half the squad in the summer and I'd not bothered in the slightest, outplayed by Watford and Wolves in back to back games.

Rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caractacus

De Gea, quality keeper though he is, showed an utter lack of courage, bottle, heart, balls, whatever you want to call it. Slid in and lost the ball on the edge of the area and lost focus on the second goal as his primary concern was not getting hurt rather than getting the ball.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
To think I rushed through my little boys bed time story to watch these shower of cnuts.

They don’t deserve to wear the shirt. I’d have chopped my bollocks off to have been good enough to play for United.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
You mean like Mourinho, LvG or Moyes ? At least give the guy a chance to get some of HIS players in Before you slaughter him.
I'm not slaughtering Ole.

I'm completely disaffected by the whole club.

I don't have any faith that this Technical Director will be up to much.

I don't have any faith that we will do the required business in the transfer market.

Once all the romance subsides, we will realise that Poch was probably the better option.

It'll be a painful end to the season and bar one small new manager burst, perhaps Jose was right all along.

Judas

Open to offers
We're 14 points ahead of them with 6 games left.

I know people like to piss their pants whenever we don't win, but feck me this takes the biscuit.
To be fair I thought they were closer than that. Calm down mate.

Still I think we'll be dropping plenty more points before the season ends, tough tough fixtures left, and we're playing on empty with a team that doesn't look all that motivated.

GiddyUp

Performance was good, don't listen to all the negative morons on here. Wolves were absolute shite and we were unlucky as feck. Missed five clear cut chances and got a red card out of nothing. All Wolves chances came from clear mistakes from our players. No way we deserved to lose that one.
Good summation but that doesn't get away from the fact that 8/9 of our players should be thoroughly embarrassed about the last 3 games.

Njord

The number of players I'd be sad to see the back of are steadily decreasing.

Thiagoal

On the plus side we found our replacement for the player our previous manager spent so much time and effort trying to hold onto

He was immense tonight! I know he's Scottish and the fanboys will want an attractive Spaniard but he really could be a player for us! The only player to give two fecks also!

Ekeke

He was immense tonight! I know he's Scottish and the fanboys will want an attractive Spaniard but he really could be a player for us! The only player to give two fecks also!
Yep credit to him. I think he should clearly play the next match

Ban

Lukaku missing 100% sitters costs us dearly yet again. This is why he must go. Will never reach a necessary level of goals per season as he burns through way too many chances.
What sitters? He had one.

Player Ratings

4.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 401 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Wolves 1:2 Man Utd