FA D FA Cup FA Cup 3rd Round

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 04 January 2020

Machine Elements

Definition of a nothing performance. Wolves not much better either. Basically a nothing game.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Considering majority was expecting us to go out, I suppose take the positives. Still in it and a fairly good chance I think they will go through. Could do without the extra game. It was a very poor game of football and utterly forgettable.

edgecutter

Poor, but hopefully it shows the knobs upstairs that we need bodies in this window.

However, I am yet to see a game plan from ole and once again serious questions need to be asked about his position.

binary bot
Our decision-making is so fecking bad it's impressive. How are we meant to get anywhere when so many players choose the wrong option so often. Theres no excuse for players completely ignoring others in space to shoot from 30 yards or a ridiculous angle.

Its the most basic coaching

Snafu17

I don't get why Young thought time wasting was a good idea. We really don't need another game with our paper thin squad that's already mostly broken.

Also feck replays it's a dumb concept.
I guess they'll put the replay between Norwich and Liverpool which is just great. It's like we're trying to play a season with the most possible matches with the least first team players possible.

Member 113277

Remembering a couple of run arounds they gave us in 2019 and the weakness of our starting midfield, I was surprised how toothless Wolves were.

reddevil702

This is who we are under Ole. I don’t think anyone expected better. Can’t wait for Oles inevitable “we played well, boys did well, we’re learning and it’s about margins” post game talk.

Josep Dowling

It’s like we try to make everything difficult for us. Lots of games this month and injuries, I know let’s get a replay to add to all our issues.

Farfetched

I think we are in a holding pattern until the new manager takes over at the end of this season.

SirMattlives

Only watched second half - seemed dull as dishwater. I wonder why we cross the ball...it invariably goes out for a goal kick or is lost to an opponent, and that's from corners, free-kicks and open play.

RedNed77

Great stuff, I’ll have £80 less in my bank account on Monday and now I get to go and watch us repeat that performance live, in the freezing cold and not get home until 11:30. Now that is what I call a win.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
In seasons past you’d have to be disappointed with a replay, but what difference does another 90 minutes of nothing make to this team?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This no shots on target thing is a bit of a red herring... We hit the bar (with a shot that was going on target) and came incredibly close to scoring on another occasion.

Wolves only had one one or two chances themselves.

Really need to improve on our long range shooting though.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
This isn't football. It shouldn't be this fecking difficult for feck sake.

Canagel

Romero is a Don and United are still crap at football

prateik

Shit XI.
Did alright.
Didn't need the replay.. Would play the kids in the return leg if possible..

No injuries is good.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Not sure how we didn't get a penalty in the first half. As blatant a penalty you'll ever see. I was sure VAR was going to give that...

That one save alone gives Romero man of the match. How many clean sheets does this guy have to get before he gets to start some games. He is our best keeper and De Gea is living off past glory...

Pretty even match but it bugs me that we were time wasting in the end rather than trying to win it. Do we really need another match in our already busy schedule?

The least said about the front 3 the better. Absolutely awful...

always_hoping

A fair result, neither side deserved to win or score a goal. Rashford hitting the crossbar and that save from Romero 1st half the only real chances in the game. I doubt both keepers ever thought they would be so under worked.

United certainly didn't need another game this month, when is it set for? have no choice but to play a weak team in that game but then again even United's 1st choice team is hardly strong nowadays

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I think a lot of people at this club forgets the purpose of football, it's supposed to be entertaining, and they all get paid handsomely to deliver that entertainment, yet for near enough a decade they've failed.

Woodward and Co are not in the football business but the entertainment business, the sooner they realise that the better off we will be.

dev1l

Shocking lack of quality. The lack of vision when it comes to our passing is tragic, no one can see a clever pass. So many runs left ignored so often.
Did you expect anything better with that midfield?

Seven Seas Sardines

Well if that doesn't send a message to the glazers that the squad needs additions nothing will.

Trouble is none of them would have known we where playing never mind watched it.
Just as much sending a message that Ole shouldn't get to waste the few percent of our revenue we spend on transfers.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
When will we ever learn to never rely on an injury ridden player??

If we have Greenwood as the only backup to a striker like Martial, our season is fecked. Because Rashford is never a striker in million years.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
At least we get a replay out of that. Not a good game but a tough opponent of course, and considering the lineup it's alright in the end. Williams did well, Chong did pretty well, Greenwood did well at the start and had nice touches, but really tired at the end and lost sharpness. Defence did well at least!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This club is like a child that causes you nothing but pain.
I am mentally drained. I only watvhed the last 30 minutes.
Someone save this club.

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 208 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Wolves 2:0 Man Utd