FA D FA Cup FA Cup 3rd Round

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 04 January 2020

AndersB

Boring, and limp attacking-wise as usual, but decent result when all is said and done. Too bad with the extra match though.

Some positives

- Chong got a start and didn't look out of place as I expected
- Romero good as usual
- Maguire/Lindelof partnership was decent.
- We started Matic in a second consecutive game and managed not to lose
- Young not the worst ... ?

TrustInOle

Romero surely got to be making a case against De Gea by now surely. I feel so much more comfortable when he is commanding our area.

Also Williams should be first choice and Chong showed mild improvements, that is all.

Edy2

Louis van gaal level performance. Their keeper touched it what 10 times? Absolute joke.

ken11

I am glad I didn't watch the 2nd half. Would've wasted 45 mins of my life.

DRM

I don't expect better from Manchester United these days, I'm used to this utter dross.
That is the correct attitude. Will save you a lot of grief when watching us. Expect nothing

RyRoc

Might be I've just watched too much football over the festive period but that is honestly up there in the top 5 worse football games I've ever seen. I can't ever remember being as bored watching a match.

RedAlways78

Another forgettable performance. I would rather go out than have to play another match.

Alabaster Codify7

So what exactly about that, or most of our games, is The United Way? Ole is adamant that he knows what this is. He's ITK. He said he would bring attacking football back to the club. That was part of his mission statement. Yet he and the group of useless lackeys he's assembled cannot coach attacking football.

We are one of the worst attacking sides in the league. He has completely blagged everyone.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
What a fecking great advert for the game, my Micah Richard's going to need some time to recover after that one.

Ban

Romero and Williams deserve to in a starting lineup.
Chong was actually all right.

We didnt concede.

rooney2009

Decent display by the Team He picked
Didn’t expect us to win when I saw the Team sheet and I don’t think any body else did
We need to get some players in like we all know
We need an extra striker and 2 CM

el3mel

What a big waste of time that was time. Glad I took the decision to not complete the match.

cj_sparky

It is getting harder and harder to make excuses as to why I cannot go somewhere when United are on.....I feel like I'm now actively looking for excuses not to watch.

RedIan

Well we did better than i expected but wolves were pretty disappointing by their standards. Our defence played well, attack was pretty none existent, dont think we troubled the keeper once. James disappointed, Greenwood isn’t ready to play centre forward on that showing, he is better coming in from the right. Matic Had a decent game again, hes proved crucial during this busy period.

Strelok

Seem I'm the only one enjoying that match :lol:

Some good fights from our young lads and ok from the seniors. I really enjoyed watching Greenwood. He'll become a 100 £m player one day.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
At least we didn't get knocked which is something, I guess.

We had to rotate, just gets frustrating that some of the replacements are so bad and you could see these problems coming a mile off. Wolves were pretty rubbish i thought and a half decent performance would've been enough.

dev1l

I don't expect better from Manchester United these days, I'm used to this utter dross.
We need at least a couple of midfielders but we won't get then this season.
If we sign no one in this window (as it looks likely) it will be 3 new players in 3 windows with 7 leaving.
Rebuilt my foot.

Seven Seas Sardines

It is getting harder and harder to make excuses as to why I cannot go somewhere when United are on.....I feel like I'm now actively looking for excuses not to watch.
Same here. When I travelled Asia in 2007-2009 I didn't miss a single game even though many were played at 4AM and I was surrounded by corn fields. Now I don't even want to watch having nothing else to do.

R'hllor

People focusing way to hard on quality of certain players, wouldnt be surprised if we buy way better quality in those positions that we would look better...for few weeks and then slowly decline into same shit we are used to till the full circle is complete.

dutchred

people
given the injuries and the schedule this was not so bad. we need reinforcements, everyone knows that but under the circumstances we did well

Red_Aaron

Pleased to still be in the cup, hopefully we can put out a stronger side for the replay and the home advantage takes us through.

Thought Williams and Greenwood looked very promising and that's as well as I've seen Chong play in the first team so not a totally wasted evening all told

Strelok

People focusing way to hard on quality of certain players, wouldnt be surprised if we buy way better quality in those positions that we would look better...for few weeks and then slowly decline into same shit we are used to till the full circle is complete.
Don't worry, we won't buy anyone this Jan I guess :wenger:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
First 10 minutes it looked like you wanted to win the game and then not much happened. Should have had a definite penalty, might have spurred you and the game on. 2nd half was dreadful apart from the last 10 mins from Wolves where it looked like they wanted the win.

Draw was fair, I think both sides wanted to be out of this cup which is quite sad.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
A game we could have done without in a competition we could so without, in all honesty. It was obvious watching us against Arsenal that the first team are leggy, so this kind of line up was always expected, as was the likelihood of a defeat, which we did well to avoid.

For those expecting a Brazil 1970 performance - if you are surprised at your own disappointment then you need to question yourself. Ole is managing a long tough season with a very thin squad. Sorry, but we aren't going to be fantastic every week. What exactly did you think you were going to see tonight?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
On holiday for two weeks so now got another ticket to try and shift!

Positives: another clean sheet for Romero, Maguire looks to finally be in some form and Matic has arguably been our best player since coming back into the side.

Negatives: How is Matic looking like one of our most competent players? Zero shots on target and now we’ve failed to score in three of our last four away games. Greenwood delivered one of the least impactful performances of the season and isn’t ready to play an important role for us. Neither is James.

Jericholyte2

Only positive for me was Williams again showing he’s in a far better position than Shaw for the LB slot.

prateik

We know the squad we have.
We know the injuries we have.

what on earth did people expect?

We came really close to scoring twice.. they did once. Both could have had pens.

It was fine.. If we managed to nick it, it would have been a great result for the XI we had to put out.. Not getting the win doesnt make it terrible..

The reactions dont have to be polar opposites.. there is a very large middle ground..

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Remember when football used to be fun?
Football used to be a sport. A long time ago admittedly.
But in many ways it is no longer a sport.
It is a business. A business based on far too much money for far too little real entertainment.

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 208 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Wolves 2:0 Man Utd
  • 18% Wolves 2:1 Man Utd