g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post-match discussion

Tue, 29 December 2020

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Poor game, very slow, didnt deserve a win.
Management made a poor decision with starting line up.
Cannot play Pogba in a midfield two with the players we have.
Matic's second half performance decent.
Baily and Shaw decent tonight.
Every one else below average.
How do we not deserve it? Created more, looked more likely to score, defence was strolling around. Wolves came for a point, Traore, Neto completely nullified.

Yeah, we didn’t deserve it:rolleyes:

lex talionis

Scrappy, but we found a way to win. Fixture congestion compromises performance quality, but I really would like to have seen better final third play in the first 15 minutes, when we had their testicles in the vice grip. Once Wolves got through that, they had belief.

Al-T

Expected scrappy, got scrappy, but most importantly got 3 points.

SirAnderson

He definitely was. He was class and I believe we could have struggled a lot more to stop Wolves' counters if we didnt have him tonight.
Can't imagine if it was Lindelof instead. He's definitely staking his place as the main partner to Maguire. Hopefully he can keep fit.
Don't know about Villa game, with his injury record, may be wise to rest him? But I'd rather him start if he is fine, the fitness coaches will know best (you'd hope).
But super happy for Bailly tonight.

Hester_manc

it was a tough fight. Wolves are really well organized. Should there be a winner, it should probably be us. I really like Adama Traoré. I know his season has been bad, but I would like him in a United shirt.

VivaRonaldo85

Massive win. The scousers will have felt that one deep in the gut tonight - the feckers!

A typical wolves game again. They are so well coached. We were shocking from start to finish. However, the value of those 3 points feels even more precious with a stuffy deflection, scoring in the 94th minute, and given we always drop points vs Wolves.

Bailly was excellent and easily our MOTM. A great shame his fitness record is so poor cause when he’s good, he is just what we need at CB.

SeanyC

Gritty...the kind of performance we used to do under Fergie when freezed out by opposition defences..all about the points though so we will take that

crossy1686

career ending
How do we not deserve it? Created more, looked more likely to score, defence was strolling around. Wolves came for a point, Traore, Neto completely nullified.

We also scored (offside) and had the best chances. Only one team looking to score in the second half.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I thought we were patient and only pressed late on. We were solid at the back. I think we learnt from the mistakes of the miserable home form and results pre-Leeds. This is a relatively good performance considering the hectic schedule plus rotation and it’s something we can base our future matches on when teams defend against us

MonkeysMagic

If I never see us play Wolves again it'll be too soon, sadly I will have to! But so happy to get a win when nothing comes off in 90 min.

I can't understand why we don't start games like we did against Leeds, the slow ponderous and unimaginative play kills us with dropped points.

Nick7

Fairly lucky win in a game that had 0-0 written all over it. I fecking hate Wolves.

Judas

Open to offers
I never want to play Wolves again, just a horrible team.

We were dreadful. Matic, Maguire and Bailly were great though, fair play to them.

I just hope this win gives us a bit more belief that anythings possible this season.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
No idea why I follow the match thread in here from time to time. It’s same shit every time

relentless negativity. Every player shit or overrated. post after post of same drivel. not a clue if it’s same bunch of posters or is everyone like that?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Yeah. Wasn’t ever convinced we would go on to win it, but we were the only team truly wanting it and able to force the issue. Defensively we looked very solid.

The Hilton

Wolves are a difficult team for anyone to beat, but all the sitting deep and blocking shots meant that an unfortunate (for them) deflection was looking more and more likely

Oldtraffordboy

Absolutely terrible game, as it always is.

7 games against them, and we still play the same walking football?

I just don't get it.

Neo_Mufc

3 of the biggest points we have got in a long long time. Worst game to watch but my word what a result.

Ivor Ballokov

Congratulations to Wolves on stopping any kind of football match breaking out.

Good result though and a nice confidence booster by winning ugly.

Bailly was excellent, Matic was good defensively but as usual on the ball.

nickyboy1981

You need that luck, it genuinely feels like we haven't had it for years.

Maguire mom for me, him and Bailly were great.

Blood Mage

Wan Bissaka is a problem. With a better RB we'd be a great side. Good win in the end though.

BoulderDevil

I’m already tired of hearing people trashing our performance today. You can’t be world beaters everyday and wolves came to us with absolutely zero intention of playing football. Likely to rest their legs sitting back after a tough game in the previous match. We weren’t fully at the races and managed to come away with 3 point. Deserved more against Leicester last week and didn’t get it. The Universe is in balance!
Also, Bailly is soooo effective against the counter attack teams.

Foxbatt

This is the point. We need to win. How I don't care. It's better to win ugly rather than entertain and lose.

CM

Wolves got what they deserved there. Complete lack of ambition from them.

Good win for us though, I'll take that all day long.

Last edited:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Three points is all that mattered today. We got the job done when so many times over recent years we've failed to. That's all the progress I need to see.

Galinha

Horrible game.. but these points feels so good.

I don’t get why we didn’t try to shoot more. We have the players and the space outside the box.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Well that was massive. Delighted we can still win like this. They'll be buzzing after that.

littlepeasoup

Liverpool were the absolute masters of this last season. Not particularly great, but they somehow managed to produce a bit of skill, or get a bit of luck to get a result.

That game against the dippers on the 17th is looking properly tasty.

Judas

Open to offers
Massive praise to Bruno and Rashford. Bruno is clearly knackered, still got that assist, and I'm so not surprised it was Rashford who took the chance (with some luck) at the end.

Roosney

I don't get people say we didn't deserve this. Wolves had a clear game plan and well organized system, but we were patient and finally got the reward.
It was boring, sure, and we were slow at times but damn well deserved all three points.

Greenwood was great early on but faded away soon after.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Both teams were totally out on their feet but we got it done.

Wish we had a bit more attacking depth because we are so reliant on Bruno and Rashford. Looking at our bench we really need someone else to step up; James, Martial, Greenwood, Cavani, Mata, VDB we have numbers but no quality right now.

NFM

I like the Table in the Guardian right now, has Utd top with 33 points.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 320 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:1 Wolves
  • 20% Man Utd 2:0 Wolves