PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post-match discussion

Tue, 29 December 2020

Slevs

likes to play with penises
We should sign Pedro Neto. He seems to have good movement.

RedCurry

The style and tactics today were a reflection of the tight schedule. Three points are immense.

Matic, Bailly, and Maguire were our best players today.

Red_Aaron

Wolves are absolute bastards to play against, full credit to them they defend superbly. They offered fcuk all up front though so full credit to us for pushing to the very last, we made our own luck there

Saiss was excellent, looks a proper player him

Villa will be a bigger test at the back but we can at least be confident of getting a lot more chances against them

HarryRedCrumbs

Only caught the last twenty minutes of the game. Looked like we were defending better tonight, but still struggling with finishing. I'm loving it..!

Theo88

Other than Traore can anyone remember anything of significance any Wolves player actually tried to do? What a horrible display from that team. Is this what they typically look like?

I know a lot of people will complain about our lack of effort but they were really just eager to keep everyone behind the ball and just send it down the flanks to Adama in hopes of getting him again a slower Man Utd defender. Horrible game.

Pogba looked fine in his role, Bruno always eager, Rash had some moments of brilliance, and Matic was excellent.

Solid win. We should have scored earlier but still solid win. We have now scored 10 goals in the last 15 minutes of each game being second behind Leicester.

Reactions: mazhar13

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Damn, if only we'd held on for 10 more minutes against Leicester. :(

Champagne Football

Christmas period, games coming thick and fast. Players lose form with so many games in quick succession, and squad players often are not up to it when called upon to give others a rest.

A beautiful 3 points. 2nd in table, Diallo and Caicedo to arrive soon- Get in.

freddie the red

Terrible, terrible, terrible performance but, regardless of how you get it, the win is all that matters.

MiracleInMadrid

Terrible, terrible match. Wolves were incredibly disciplined defensively. Always had 2 or 3 players marking our dribblers. But my god they weren't doing anything. Had the entire team deep in their own side of the field most of the second half. I have rarely seen a team focus so hard on getting a draw.

That being said, they have a thin squad and as packed a program as us. Although that doesn't excuse them from not trying anything a slow and predictable United side. I guess they had the sort of respect for us any top side get when on good form.

De Gea, Bailly, Maguire, Matic, Pogba were all good from my point of view.

Reactions: mazhar13

Parma Dewol

Spare a thought for the commentators, they’re completely distraught that this young, inexperienced Wolves side have lost the game. Bless ‘em.

MalcolmTucker

Shaw made a huge difference when he came on. Hope more people will begin to recognise his importance to this team. Such an excellent player.
His passing was sharp and more effective than Telles' crossing. Think him and our centre backs were the best players on the pitch tonight

Robertd0803

Get in!!!!!!

No negatives here for now, too happy with the 3 points.

Wolves are such a horrible team for us to play against.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
17% voted Rashford MoM.
Really?

sammyhol

Get in!!!

Wolves were probably worth a point, but great to win a tight game like that.

Bailly brilliant. Matic even better...

But the elephant in the room is the lack of creativity from FB. It may look as though Pogba and Bruno were over-doing the straight chip over the top to Rashford... but it all stems from the unwillingness to roll it out to AWB... Absolutely nothing comes from him at all... he was put in acres of space over and over again, but not a single decent ball came in.

When teams defend deep, and congest the middle, we need another option from RB that can makes something happen

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Wolves are a difficult team for anyone to beat, but all the sitting deep and blocking shots meant that an unfortunate (for them) deflection was looking more and more likely
6 in defence all game. Big Sam does that and he’s boring. Nuno does it, genius!

I have not watched Wolves much, but are they always like this? Timewasting for a point in the 70th minute? 9 players in the box all the time?

I really enjoyed that win. Love it when we beat teams who plays this shit football.
This. Really hate Wolves. They play more expansively against every other team except us it seems. They played far better against City, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea.

Red Star One

At this time of year with this bullshit schedule results are all that matters.

2nd at the turn of the year feels pretty good. :D :devil:
Indeed.

It was a decent game. Wolves didn’t play to win and we managed to grab the well deserved goal. Chuffed with 3 points here and it felt like United I love. As a member of Ole-sceptical gang I give him that our league form has been really good lately. Keep up good work and keep going lads, very sweet 3 points.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He can, it's called rotation in a busy period...
Might as well play youngsters then because we had next to no midfield today. This combination doesn't work, maybe rotate with different combinations to avoid this one?

Walters_19_MuFc

Can't imagine if it was Lindelof instead. He's definitely staking his place as the main partner to Maguire. Hopefully he can keep fit.
Don't know about Villa game, with his injury record, may be wise to rest him? But I'd rather him start if he is fine, the fitness coaches will know best (you'd hope).
But super happy for Bailly tonight.
Well this is the thing with Bailly. His record with injuries is awful but if he is fine, as you said, he should be starting.

flappyjay

Absolutely hate playing these cnuts. The matches are always boring and usually end with a draw. Nice to win, don't care much about the performance.

OLLY ORANGE

How do we not deserve it? Created more, looked more likely to score, defence was strolling around. Wolves came for a point, Traore, Neto completely nullified.

Yeah, we didn’t deserve it:rolleyes:
We deserved a point from that performance. We threatened their goal twice prior to the goal and they at least matched our attempts on goal.
You watched a different game to me
Happy with the result but we got away with one

TheRedHearted

Damn, if only we'd held on for 10 more minutes against Leicester. :(
Come on man no need to look back like that. Were second in the league. Looking back will only kill us. If we get Sancho in, a quick quick RB and a CB we are in a very nice position. I don’t think Liverpool will hold up physically.

Oranges038

Shite goal to win a shite game.

Understandable why Wolves setup the way they did.

The 3 points is all that matters.

Gordon S

Kind of get the feeling now that teams, in general, are a bit scared of us.
Ancelotti talked about how they needed to defend well against us. Nuno clearly instructed his team to defend really low and compact tonight.
Leeds feels like the exception lately and they were properly punished for it.

SirNicholas33

Pretty poor, but 3 points is 3 points, and 2 off the top of the table. Somehow.

I really hate playing Wolves. Those matches are always brutal viewing.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We deserved a point from that performance. We threatened their goal twice prior to the goal and they at least matched our attempts on goal.
You watched a different game to me
Happy with the result but we got away with one
We earned 3 for working harder. Feck off with your altruistic clap trap!

Deserved! :lol:

Foxbatt

Good result. Needed result. Now need to beat Villa.
How quick was Traore? He left AWB for dead. It will look the same in a race between Jon Moss and Usain Bolt.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 320 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:1 Wolves
  • 20% Man Utd 2:0 Wolves