PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post-match discussion

Tue, 29 December 2020

The United

We gotta win that kind of games like that. After awhile, teams will kind of give up focusing on doing that. Right now, they believe they can block us even at OT.

Cloud7

Second place, two points behind Liverpool. I’ll take that.

DavelinaJolie

Really impressed by Bailly though. Looked solid alongside Maguire. Maguire looked decent too, aside from the odd clattering.

Shaw is really getting back to his best, which is wonderful to see.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Superb to win against a real bogey team.

Something sinister about the way Wolves get their players for such low fees so god to see them off.

siw2007

Didn’t get to watch the match but thrilled with the win. We might not be the most complete of teams but this side does have the mentality to go for it to the death and that is a great quality to have.

And we are 2nd!! Only way to not let this drop is to not rest on our laurels and keep pushing for 1st place.

RepardReece

It wasn't great tonight, but these are the type of games champions win if they are to win the title. As long as we up our game again in the next match that is.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Absolutely hate playing these cnuts. The matches are always boring and usually end with a draw. Nice to win, don't care much about the performance.
7 times we’ve played them and there’s never been a score bigger than 2-1

Plymouth Red

We scored 1 more goal than Wolves so 3 points for us, +1 extra GD. Now it's history, so celebrate and move on. How good/bad anyone or everyone was is behind us.
Chance now to win our game in hand and open a 4 point gap over Leicester and a 7 point gap over Chelsea.
If this doesn't motivate the players, nothing will.

edcunited1878

Wolves haven't played 3 at the back too often this year nor have they played Traore through the middle today....tried to sucker punch United again and thankfully they can feck off.

Points > Performances right now. All teams have their issues with match congestion so finding a way to get results is crucial.

atkar83

Shaw made a huge difference when he came on. Hope more people will begin to recognise his importance to this team. Such an excellent player.
I've felt this way since he got here. He may not be great going forward, and has the odd brain fart of not covering his man on crosses, but when he has a solid stretch of games, the team always does better. Some of our worst stretches in the LvG and Mourinho eras came when he was out and we had Ashley Young/Darmian/youth player as his replacement.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

I really don’t think we played poor. Any team would have struggled to break down that shitty yellow (feck knows what colour their shirt is) bus.

united for life

Stuff of champions

Eat shit wolves
totally right. We need to win crappy games like this to win the league. The game is against a very organised team that sits properly at the back and it happened during a very busy period when players are tired for sure. In games like this, performance isn’t as important as actually winning the game. Even if winning is ugly. To be frank, for most of the game, i felt these were kids playing on the street. I’m so happy with this win. Shows character

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
We gotta win that kind of games like that. After awhile, teams will kind of give up focusing on doing that. Right now, they believe they can block us even at OT.
I think so too. I like their manager but he must feel almost pathetic when you try so hard to not lose and do it anyways. I get that it might be the best way for them to play, but give it a go man jeez. He had them wasting time before half time:lol:

Parma Dewol

Absolutely buzzing right now. Won’t let myself get carried away with title talk because it pains me to say it I believe Liverpool are the best side, and though we’re improving, I think we’ve got a way to go yet.

Still, I love watching us at the moment, and against Wolves there’s always a chance the game will turn into a slog. We turned up the heat in the last 20 minutes and to get the goal right at the death was glorious.

Wish I was on the coach on the way home from OT. There’d be electricity in the air. Get in United!

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Only thing that would have made this sweeter was if it was deflected off Connor Coadies Fat head !!!!!

Wolves are a Wretched team to watch, thank feck they go home with zero points !!

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Great result. But Wan Bissaka should be re-trained as a central defender. He is useless in the final third. Also Bruno can’t keep playing every game.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
What a biased opinion. Matic was our best outfield player today. He easily outperformed both Pogba and Bruno in the midfield.
He slows our play down more than any other player in the team, I fecking hate watching us with him on the pitch. A necessary weevil until we can get a proper DM but Ole is bloody lucky that not subbing on Van de Beek or Fred didn't cost us that game.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Deserved the win against those bogey basta#ds!
Serves them right after lying down against the scousers and playing as if their lives depended on tonight.

After 70 mins I thought....this is the type of match that future champions have and always win at the last minute. Happened so many times under SAF yes usually we’d dominate and bombard the opposition goal for 90 minutes, but after 2008 many matches were similar to this. Pluck away, create little but still score at the last minute.

A win against Vila and I think we can stay in this race until the end

Foxbatt

Would anyone prefer us to play attractive football and lose or play ugly and win? I don't care how we win if we win.

ash_86

Nothing about today's result was luck. We started with a attacking midfield instead of two deep dm's. We were on the front foot all the time and never gave up until the final whistle. Deserved 3 points how ever you look at it.

drmuji

My Question

People who were all shouting for Adama as a replacement for Sancho... What were they looking at?
I mean, sure he can run but thats just about it. He seems a more muscular, Body Builder Daniel James, Doesn't he? Or even worse

city-puma

We scored 1 more goal than Wolves so 3 points for us, +1 extra GD. Now it's history, so celebrate and move on. How good/bad anyone or everyone was is behind us.
Chance now to win our game in hand and open a 4 point gap over Leicester and a 7 point gap over Chelsea.
If this doesn't motivate the players, nothing will.
Definitely no! The motivation now should be catch and move ahead of pool in 2021!

Redfrog

Felt embarrassed celebrating that goal. Total dogshit performance but that’s a big win, however you want to look at it.

Shout out to Rashford. Completely fecked up the chance, and somehow still scored. Top shelf shithousery that.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So true. I was so frustated he did not pass the ball and then bang, so lucky.

But nevermind I love the guy. He is such a good and exciting player and a top top lad. Our second best player behind Bruno.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
No sympathy for Wolves, they came looking for a draw.

GueRed

we're back....

seriously, tumescent performance. excellent result. I love a one nil win

AndyMUFC

Huge. A proper struggle to break them down but got there in the end.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 320 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:1 Wolves
  • 20% Man Utd 2:0 Wolves