PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post-match discussion

Tue, 29 December 2020

Julz10

I’m gonna say it. Scoring last minute goals when you play shit. Stuff of champions

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Wolves are effective but so shit to watch. Ole masterclass saves the goal till almost last kick so as to not give them any chance of comeback :cool:

dogwithabone

A wins a win, every team who’s ever won the title has had a few of these results and performance. Wolves were awful and deserved exactly what they got.

el3mel

Second in the table 2 points away from Liverpool with 15 matches played for both !! Yes baby, get in !!

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
That was an endurance test... not pretty but its nice to beat them in the League for a change.
For us that is -----------------------^
Rashford was appalling but he shall be forgiven.

Matic or Maguire MOTM

M Bison

Supports
York City
Massive win, huge 3 points! I was worried before the game and expected a draw or even a loss, which would have been so deflating after the recent run, but is how our results have typically played out in recent times.

We were poor in the final third and never really looked like scoring but I think we can put that down to how Wolves set their stall out.

Clean sheet, home win and 2 points off the scousers/top spot, delighted!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
People forget how many 1-0 wins we had with Cantona scoring.

Even when we had Tevez, Rooney and Ronnie we won a shed load 1-0.

The entitled tossers we have on here can do one. Winning is all that counts in games like this

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Obviously the goal was jammy as feck, but 90 mins of relentless pressure like that increases the chances of getting jammy at some point, so that's not as undeserved as some are making out imo.

Andersons Dietician

As soon as Matic and Bruno got a clue we started to play better. Matic stepped up to actually be in midfield and Bruno stopped moonlighting as a striker and all of a sudden we were able to make more dangerous situations.

If only they could would stop repeating the same mistakes game after game.

Womp

idiot
Pumped about the win, once again though, shite collectively, with some absolute quality players

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I got a headache watching that.
My heart rate was up to the max. I hate playing Wolves so much.

We needed to have a good defensive performance against them and did that. Concentration was good for the entire game which was great to see.

Doubt you will ever see pretty games against Wolves, so take the win anyway we can get it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Would have been nice to win convincingly, but there's something sweet about sticking it to a bunch of soul-sucking timewasters. What an awful bunch. They've got some very good players, why do they play like minnows visiting Old Trafford for the first and last time?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Thankfully we only play them twice a season. The most dour team in the league.

The players look knackered but it's all about the 3 points.

Hughie77

Pinched it, but who cares, sometimes you get what you dont deserve. I'm taking it it's been done to us on more than one occasion. Bailly absolutely top . He was my motm. Maybe makes up from the draw against Leicester which we should have won.
Before any twat complains, remember that liverpool won the title by winning half their games like this last year.
Agree, they got plenty of points like that

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Now that was a title winning late winner!

Great to win that with such a poor record v Wolves and them doing their usual game raising shutout job.

Shearer being gutted and choking out a "wow" just after his man of the match edged it in was too good :lol:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Clive Tylesdley - “More defensive teams will come to Old Trafford this season.” No they won’t Clive.

God I hate playing them. Huge win. I thought we were much better last 15 minutes, Pogba was finding space and playing well. Not sure why he didn’t go higher up 45 minutes earlier but still...great win!

Devil may care

Usually I care about the performance but tonight I couldn't give a pair of lopped off flying titties, Nuno and his superbly drilled bus have been a pain in the arse for us since Wolves got back into the PL, so I'm just glad we nicked the 3 points at the end. Our 2 CB's were our standout players today despite all of the possession.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I don’t understand the whole “Wolves deserved a draw” thing. They camped in their half for the whole second half, bar a couple of breaks. Yeah, we struggled to break them down, but they showed no ambition, and we never gave up. They disrupted us and defended brilliantly, but we were the only team trying to win this, and deserved our win. Even if it was ugly. Sometimes that’s the only way to do it.
One hundred percent this. Miserable tw*ts deserved exactly what they got.

Walters_19_MuFc

This was always going to be a tough game. Normally is against a disciplined Wolverhampton side and tonight proved to be no different.

We definitely could have moved the ball quicker and had more runners but in games like these, normally a moment of magic or lucky deflection wins you the game and thankfully the latter happened tonight.

Three massive points to move us into second. Absolutely buzzing!

GGMU!

Falcow

We were shit. But we won where we would have lost/drew last season. Still need to do better but progress. Important for our team mentality.
Agreed. Great 3 points.

Too many players were shit. Hats off to rashford for the goal but man he was frustrating throughout.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Ole needs to understand that Matic and Pogba is horrible pair and should never play together. Its worrying that he can't see that
He can, it's called rotation in a busy period...

always_hoping

Huge 3 points. I said at half time I'd delighted with a scrappy 1-0 win and delighted I am.

Football is a funny old game, against Leicester United deserved 3 points but tonight deserved no more than a point.

Up to 2nd just 2 points off 1st with the same games played a good way to end a difficult year.

OLLY ORANGE

Poor game, very slow, didnt deserve a win.
Management made a poor decision with starting line up.
Cannot play Pogba in a midfield two with the players we have.
Matic's second half performance decent.
Baily and Shaw decent tonight.
Every one else below average.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Clive Tylesdley - More defensive teams will come to Old Trafford this season.” No they won’t Clive.

God I hate playing them. Huge win. I thought we were much better last 15 minutes, Pogba was finding space and playing well. Not sure why he didn’t go higher up 45 minutes earlier but still...great win!
Can see why ITV demoted the cliche ridden cnut

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 320 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:1 Wolves