CL D Champions League Group F

Manchester United 1:1 Young Boys

Post-match discussion

Wed, 08 December 2021

Will Singh

Nice to see all the debuts and players who’ve not played that much under Ole. It actually felt like a Ole game to be fair, decent result on to the next.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Decent first half, disappointing second

I thought Amad was alright, we dropped a level when he went off. Greenwood also very good first half but anonymous in the second. Mata was decent too.

Elanga was invisible, VDB very disappointing, AWB looks way off the first XI, Jessie looked indifferent.

Kag

Well, the first team have nothing to worry about.

Only Greenwood comes out of that with any real sort of credit. Bailly and Henderson were alright, too.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
That reminded me of a carling cup match under Fergie.

I'm sure Ralf did it for a reason.

Mata is old.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I thought Donny played okay - mistake aside.

Amad some nice touches.

Bailly Matic solid enough.

Greenwood pick of the litter.

Pretty meh - as expected though

pascell

There's no sugar coating that one, that was sh*t. Like really sh*t.

We're now in a position of hoping that our former back up full backs keeping up their good form, as the current back up full backs are naff.

Wan Bissaka is stealing a living at United.

Ole killed Lingards confidence and momentum, he was horrible to watch trying to control the ball control.

Roboc7

Fair play to Rangnick for having the guts and self assurance to pick that team. It wasn’t pretty but gave players a much needed rest and others much needed game time.

Unfortunately it’s difficult to look good in these games when everything just thrown together. Underlines what a disaster first game against them was, how we lost even with 10 men is still beyond me.

always_hoping

United the better team in the 1st half, Young Boys the better in the 2nd half so a draw probably a fair result but frustrating that the goal conceded was yet another individual error.

Be interesting to hear what Ralf makes of it, he likes his teams to have control and United lost that before half time.

Hopefully nothing serious for Wan Bissaka.

Shark

@NotShark
I'm sort of relieved that's over tbh. Matic at centre half can now be put in the past.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
too many players I don’t want to see again.

hopefully ralf is Thinking the same.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Not the first time I've seen us play a team full of youngsters in recent years, and not the first time that it's been the senior players looking the most disappointing.

Don't care so much that we drew, it was fun to watch the young'uns getting good minutes.

Jack Landers

What is Mata still doing here? Seriously what a waste of space and lack of ambition from him. Signed for us even though he played 15 times in the last 4 years.

Credit to Ole for keeping the deadwood without any intention to play them and he's supposed to have rebuilt the squad.

redom

About what I expected after seeing the lineup, it was never likely to be pretty and the lack of match fitness and sharpness really showed in the second half, but I'm happy some of those lads got that experience and it gave our first team a bit of time to rest and get ready for a busy winter schedule so you'll not hear any complaints from me.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Don't mind that one bit. Wasn't expecting anything major before seeing the lineup, seeing the lineup I'd have taken a draw.

Rangnick will have learned quite a lot about the players and they'll be doing extended sessions in the classroom with footage from the match.

MrBest

Really looking forward to seeing more of Amad. Was a nothing game, chances for a lot of players, match fitness for Donny.

Nickelodeon

Despite thus being a dead rubber, it should’ve served as an opportunity for some of the players to prove a point. Lingard and Wan Bissaka were as woeful as they could’ve been. Van de Beek again not taking his opportunity and he’s looking more and more like a player who may never be successful here. The rest were meh as well barring Greenwood in the first half.

This could’ve gone a lot better for us from a squad morale point of view.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Out of the youngsters Greenwood was the best. Amad showed glimpses of real quality. Elanga was very poor.

The other youngsters probably didnt have enough time.

AWB was very poor.

It was a combination of either being too young or too old, that we did not have control in the second half.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Same as ever.
You get all excited about seeing different names on the team sheet, look forward to seeing fringe players get time on the pitch then quickly remember why Bruno, Maguire and Ronaldo play every game! :lol:

wolvored

All you can say about the kids is none who had more than 15 mins have shown tonight that they could take anybodys place in the first team. Lets hope Mata is also put back on the shelf and Matic never plays CH again. Good goal and good display from Henderson.

Dinghy

That was absolute shite. Got dominated by Young Boys like they were prime Barca in that second half. Our reserves and best young talents should be able to be close to the level of a team like that at home, no fecking excuses.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Was fun cause of the kids but we were mostly crap. Bailly was good. Mason had some nice moments and one brilliant one. Wan-Bissaka just seems to be getting worse and worse as his confidence reaches new lows.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Really enjoyed 1st half

2nd half very disjointed

Some players who really needed to make an impression did not. I feel bad for Lingard as I had hoped he might get a chance but he did himself no favours tonight

VDB I thought was pretty poor and also feel for AWB, again very poor and looks like the weight of the world was on his shoulders, and now looks like he has picked up an injury at the end too

Mata is done. He could have a couple of seasons left in him but not at a top club.

Matic went to shit after a promising start

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Don’t know if they are showing it on TV, but AWB took a nasty fall at the end of the match when crossing and our physios were completely oblivious, despite stewards and fans screaming and waving. Now brought a stretcher over very belatedly. Looks a bad injury.

Poor performance. Surprised how passive we were. No-one really comes out of the game with any credit. Lingard and Matic were very poor of the senior players. Elanga and Amad really struggled too, and none of the other kids showed anything. A good reminder why the answer isn’t always the academy in cups.

BuzzKillington

Awful game to watch, but secured top of the group and rested the entire 1st team. Didn’t even have them on the bench or full-on training hopefully. That in itself is surely worth something if RR has had them drilling and coaching in prep for our next competitive game.

Need to see more of this, Ole ground his first 11 into the ground, even when he rested some of them from the starting 11, they were on the bench so they were presumably full on training and preparing. Good stuff.

Edit: Shame Hannibal was away, I reckon he’d have had a good look in for this game and would have had a full 90 mins.

Last edited:

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 219 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Young Boys win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Man Utd 2:0 Young Boys