Pre-season friendlies 2018

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
3-0 Salah. Should’ve been a free kick to Napoli tbf.

Alisson has been decent with one or two shaky moments but got distribution and he came to claim two corners really well. Napoli haven’t tested him yet.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Sturridge and Moreno with 4 & 5.

I think Arsenal are beating Lazio 1-0 as well.

izec

Lautaro will be a star one day. You could see it at Racing, he is scoring for fun at Inter in pre season and playing like he is there for years. Complements Icardi well too

StillPlayingFooty

Supports
Liverpool FC
Liverpool looked good and ready.

Shaqiri looks like a real deal. Gonna be the bargain of the season if he continues like that. Looks extremely sharp as does Mane. Salah looks a bit tired. Maybe Koulibaly sucked the juice from him. IMO Kou had Salah in pretty good control.

Fabinho looked suspect to me. A DM is supposed to run his ass off in chasing the man&ball down but instead chose to leisurely jog down if the opposition guy got past him in the middle. Hendo at least gives chase.

Keita looks good too. The guys got success all over the field which is good for the confidence.

All in all they look quite ready.

StillPlayingFooty

Supports
Liverpool FC
Girona. trailing 4-1 as it stands
And shots to Girona by a mile. Spurs had 3 and Girona well over 15...

Spurs side is full of neverheards. The squad depth is paper thin. They are going to suffer a lot next season. Glaston should be worried man. Even spurs b or c squad should put up a decent fight.

IrishRedDevil

Just shows a severe lack of depth in the Spurs squad. Plus they face losing up to 3 important players if recent reports are to be believed.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Its a week away from start of season and yet you cant fully prepare with 1st team squad. Result doesnt matter maybe but its not an ideal situation to begin your season with even from your deluded POV.
Don't be ridiculous.

Levy has engineered this situation perfectly. Lull everyone in to a false sense of security by making it look like we have a paper thin squad, when in reality we'll announce 10 signings on deadline day, all of whom have secretly been training and playing with the squad. Absolute genius from the super chairman.

(feel like the 'this is fine' meme would be very appropriate)

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Just shows a severe lack of depth in the Spurs squad. Plus they face losing up to 3 important players if recent reports are to be believed.
The squad is currently the exact same squad as we had last season, which finished 3rd and did OK in the CL … strange that it's suddenly become a "severe lack" because our B or C team is losing a friendly.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
The squad is currently the exact same squad as we had last season, which finished 3rd and did OK in the CL … strange that it's suddenly become a "severe lack" because our B or C team is losing a friendly.
What do you reckon your starting XI will be next weekend? Will the world cup semi-finalists get thrown in?

vangagal

Don't be ridiculous.

Levy has engineered this situation perfectly. Lull everyone in to a false sense of security by making it look like we have a paper thin squad, when in reality we'll announce 10 signings on deadline day, all of whom have secretly been training and playing with the squad. Absolute genius from the super chairman.

(feel like the 'this is fine' meme would be very appropriate)
You must be quite frustate mate.

trezeguet

Supports
Spartak Trnava
This is vintage Liverpool. Play very good football and get cocky.

"I think Jones' form could be one of the reasons why we aren't that bothered to find an alternative to Fekir."

Thats 17 years old Curtis Jones after 180 minutes for Liverpool.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Really good performance everyone looking sharp.
Napoli looked poor but it’s nice to see with a week to go before the season. We need to have a good start before we go away to Chelsea, Spurs and City.

IrishRedDevil

The use of the word severe might have been too strong fair enough, but it is a weak B team. I was also viewing it with the assumption that some of Alderweireld, Rose and Demeble might be leaving too.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
The use of the word severe might have been too strong fair enough, but it is a weak B team. I was also viewing it with the assumption that some of Alderweireld, Rose and Demeble might be leaving too.
The team that played tonight wasn't our B team. Our current B team would be something like:

------------ Vorm
Aurier - Alderweireld - Foyth - Rose
-------- Wanyama - Winks
Sissoko --- Lamela - Moura
----------- Llorente

Only 3 of these B team players featured against Girona and then only for some of the time.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The team that played tonight wasn't our B team. Our current B team would be something like:

------------ Vorm
Aurier - Alderweireld - Foyth - Rose
-------- Wanyama - Winks
Sissoko --- Lamela - Moura
----------- Llorente

Only 3 of these B team players featured against Girona and then only for some of the time.
Yeah, it wasn't a B Team.

Anthony Georgiou, Timothy Eyoma, George Marsh, Oliver Skipp and Luke Amos don't have a single appearance in the PL for Tottenham afaik and they all started.

I mean if thats your B team then you're in big trouble.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Yes, some of them at least I'd think.
So they should, as for the other English lot for their clubs. They've had enough time off now, I read Maguire and Vardy are expected to out for United 'not up to fitness' thats two of their starters out there and a helping hand to United, Vardy played a sub role for crying out loud.. I can guarantee most of the Belgian and French boys who went same distance and further will feature somewhat for their clubs.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Gotta say, I preferred the old days when the bigger teams played against smaller sides, rather than pretend competitve shit like the "ICC".
I liked it when we went to play some games in Asia in Moyes' season. Then again, it wasn't great because 90% of the games were them panning the camera to Kagawa on the bench. Still, we don't have Kagawa anymore so maybe they'd actually show the game?!

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
We’re playing Torino at Anfield in our final pre season game today. Klopp must be feeling generous because he’s given Moreno the captaincy for the game.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
We’re playing Torino at Anfield in our final pre season game today. Klopp must be feeling generous because he’s given Moreno the captaincy for the game.
He usually just gives it to the longest serving player when Milner and Hendo aren't playing.

Mingo, Can and Lovren all wore it last season. Doesn't mean much to Klopp obviously.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

Chelsea are playing Lyon right now.
Ampadu has impressed me, some great blocks, one or two mistakes, he's only 17 though. Drinkwater learning a new position. Moses wasteful, end product can be woeful, so inconsistent. Sarri is learning about the players, who are learning the system.

Bit of a strange game only a couple of days after the charity shield and in a nearly empty stadium.

Walters_19_MuFc

Ampadu has impressed me, some great blocks, one or two mistakes, he's only 17 though. Drinkwater learning a new position. Moses wasteful, end product can be woeful, so inconsistent. Sarri is learning about the players, who are learning the system.

Bit of a strange game only a couple of days after the charity shield and in a nearly empty stadium.
How's Barkley been since coming on?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
How's Barkley been since coming on?
Wasn't watching most the second half due to work. We looked a different team with Kante and Hazard on though, not surprisingly. If we get the planned signings in, should ve a good season. Best thing about the game was the big smile on Hazards face after scoring the winning pen, new system could suit him a lot.

Doctor Tornasol

Supports
Football
Barça vs Boca Juniors (Gamper Trophy) right now.

Coutinho on fire.

Malcom. 1-0.

Messi. 2-0.

Rafinha. 3-0.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Bayern vs HSV, 2-1 at half time. Hamburg scored first, then Wagner scored twice, one pen, one glorious backheel.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
A tame (as Bayern-HSV results go) 4-1 in the end, Müller with a second half brace. In other news, Renato Sanches still doesn't look like much.