Pre-season friendlies 2018

Hoof the ball

Hudson-Odoi is a demonstration of what innate footballing maturity looks like! Sometimes you just can't coach that kind of thing. Beyond his years in terms of composure and decision making.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Man, wtf happened to the Morata from the first few months after we signed him!? His head is completely gone. Confidence looks absolutely shattered even after a summer off. He looks Torres-like with his finishing.

Major issue going into the season for us if he continues like this.
His wife just had twins (in Venice?) 3 days ago. Don't think he should be playing? We should try and sell him if he's not settled in London. Need a replacement though!

Better off playing Bat or Giroud for sure if he's like today.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal's defense has been woeful, Drinkwater miles onside onside there. How has this game only had 1 goal i don't know.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
18 in November. Mad to think that in ten years time he'll stll be a pretty young footballer.
You're on the caf... in ten years time he'll essentially be at retirement age.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You can already see a huge difference in the way Chelsea play. Hope they flop.:mad:

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
A shame Luiz went off. Wanted to see him, Ampadu, Elneny and Guendouzi huddled together on a corner.

Not sure if Hudson-Odoi being the only one not subbed yet is good or bad for his chances of playing the Community Shield. If Hazard isn't back yet I'd prefer if he started on the left wing that game.

Last edited:

ti vu

Had Chelsea scored than 1 goal per game at all this pre season? For all the improvement in style, doesn't look like they can out the game to bed.

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
Shite defending on the corner there. Taken quickly and only Piazon goes out to defend with a huge space between him and the players in the box, someone needed to give Piazon support as soon as the short corner was taken.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Clearly after changing the manager we were always gonna struggle. Still some positive signs though, especially from Guendouzi (i fecking love this player), Cech and Ozil.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Still very worried about our defence. We are so easy to get at...

I'm nervous every opposition attack.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
18 in November. Mad to think that in ten years time he'll stll be a pretty young footballer.
He looks an incredible talent. I'm envious! You should give him lots of chances this season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Had Chelsea scored than 1 goal per game at all this pre season? For all the improvement in style, doesn't look like they can out the game to bed.
Doesn't help that they don't really have a quality striker.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Hudson-Odoi looks a fantastic prospect. Guendouzi looks a bargain.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Reminds me so much of Rabiot in how he plays and his cool composure on the ball. He even looks like him from a distance. I swear Lorient just cloned Rabiot in secret.
Good call. For me, he is already a first team player. Can't be worse than Xhaka.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Our line up against Napoli this evening. Pretty sure this is close as to the side that will start against West Ham next week.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I'm tempted at Guendouzi for Fantasy Football but somehow they've listed him as 1m more than Jorginho! I mean, I think the kid is going to be a big hit but that one's a no brainer!
DM are always a poor choice for fantasy football because they don't get any offensive points and don't get points for clean sheets, if the rules are still the same as before since i haven't played for around 4 seasons.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Liverpool still have Milner playing for them. :eek: How old is he now? Seems like he's been around forever.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool still have Milner playing for them. :eek: How old is he now? Seems like he's been around forever.
He’s still a decent player with good fitness levels somehow.

Napoli haven’t been very good so far. They don’t cope with the high press very well.

whatwha

Napoli's shirt looks disgusting. They have 4 sponsors on it.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Not like he wasn't much around last season. Set the record for most assists in a CL campaign on our way to the final.

whatwha

Not like he wasn't much around last season. Set the record for most assists in a CL campaign on our way to the final.
Yeah, he did well. It's just weird that he's having success at his age after being so... utterly boring and average for so long. :p

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Not actually very impressive. Shouldn't be dribbling like that deep inside his own half for the first one. And in both cases, the only thing he achieved was running sideways. He'll find dribbling forwards more difficult at senior level.
The Zidane pirouette was a bit unnecessary and is more effective for sure but in the first case he showed a lot of desire and strength to keep the ball against three players, surely that's great for a player who is even younger than Angel Gomes.

What are the odds Hudson-Odoi gets game under Sarri this year? seemed to paly a lot and scored few times in pre-season iirc, he's my 5th cheap midfielder in FPL