g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Pre-season friendlies 2018

ROFLUTION

I don't know. Maybe Sarri prefers Emerson. Maybe the team I posted is wrong.
I've seen this sentiment in Fantasy Football Scout, that somehow Alonso's place is at risk.. Is this also a consideration of Chelsea-fans?

I mean he was the best wing-back in the league last year when you look at end-product. Should be first on the teamsheet

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I've seen this sentiment in Fantasy Football Scout, that somehow Alonso's place is at risk.. Is this also a consideration of Chelsea-fans?

I mean he was the best wing-back in the league last year when you look at end-product. Should be first on the teamsheet
We're playing 4 at the back next season so maybe Sarri (who will know Emerson from his time in Italy) thinks the Brazilian will be a better fit.

It's just a pre-season game and that's not even a official team, just what some writers have speculated based on training sessions.

ROFLUTION

We're playing 4 at the back next season so maybe Sarri (who will know Emerson from his time in Italy) thinks the Brazilian will be a better fit.

It's just a pre-season game and that's not even a official team, just what some writers have speculated based on training sessions.
We'll gladly take Alonso off your hands if that's the case

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Matip just walked off with a thigh injury. His injuries have been an issue.

1-0 Van Dijk. Zonal marking for Dortmund completely failed there.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Dortmund steal it late on. Pulisic with both goals.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
That was a very good run by Pulisic and good strike. This is the season he needs to establish himself as a regular starter and key performer for Dortmund. Take that next step up a level.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So poor from Karius, happy to see the back of him in a few weeks.

Pulisic is playing well, so did we but kind of poor defending once again, where have I seen that before...

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Bruun Larsen getting rugby tackled by the Liverpool defender and still manages to score off the rebound.

Pulisic the key to that chance again with a well taken move and strike on target.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool 1 - Dortmund 3

Weird game in which we could have made it 2/3 before their penalty equaliser. Keita is exciting to watch, Matip is turning out to be a crock, and no explanation is needed to see why Karius is trending on twitter.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Disappointing to lose that as we looked the better side for so long. Moreno, Klavan and Karius all need to be binned.

Sturridge has had a good pre season but I won’t hold my breath.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
This is a first, although I it does fall in line with the US drinking age.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Nice to see Liverpool are even worse than us.
We played fairly well up until the last five minutes.

From what I’m reading on here we’re having a better pre season than you are, not that it means anything.

haram

From what I’m reading on here we’re having a better pre season than you are, not that it means anything.
If we drew 0-0 to Bury I'm sure this forum would explode.

TheReligion

Abusive

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what you read here.

From what I just saw Dortmund tore you to pieces!

Anyway early days.

haram

It was that easy to trigger a Liverpool fan? Next season will be a breeze.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
No course I didn't. I just saw that goal though and they took you apart. Great move mind!
Fair enough. I thought we were probably reading too high later on in the game and they were able to pass through it.

Stupid mistakes from Karius and Klavan too.

TheReligion

Abusive
Fair enough. I thought we were probably reading too high later on in the game and they were able to pass through it.

Stupid mistakes from Karius and Klavan too.
It's difficult to get excited over pre season this time with so many players missing. We are without the majority of our first team and I know you're missing your main attacking players yourselves.

Seems such a waste you playing friendlies with Sturridge and Markovic and us with Darmian when the likelihood is none will feature next term.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
It's difficult to get excited over pre season this time with so many players missing. We are without the majority of our first team and I know you're missing your main attacking players yourselves.

Seems such a waste you playing friendlies with Sturridge and Markovic and us with Darmian when the likelihood is none will feature next term.
I think we might keep Sturridge but Markovic is one we need to be rid of. £20 million and right up there with one of our worst ever.

Klopp’s been using the games we’ve played to figure out who he wants to keep in the squad. Origi is an example of someone who has done himself no favours.

Mourinho has s probably doing something similar with what he has, looking at which of the fringe players might be able to step up vs those who need to be binned. I was a bit surprised to see Blind sold before Darmian.

Loublaze

ATLien
What a shite friendly between PSG and Bayern.
You must've made this comment in-game. I watched it and it more moments of quality than anything else i've seen in preseason. PSG played with a bunch of kids and Buffon but they showed a lot of heart and their passing and technique was a joy to watch

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Liverpool 1 - Dortmund 3

Weird game in which we could have made it 2/3 before their penalty equaliser. Keita is exciting to watch, Matip is turning out to be a crock, and no explanation is needed to see why Karius is trending on twitter.
Karius at it again? :lol:

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
No Laporte in City's squad for some reason. Guessing Pozo is related to Jose Pozo who used to be at City briefly a few years ago?
Yeah, his younger brother, who plays mostly as a holding midfielder. He certainly looks lik a talent, but of course wont' make it at City...

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Good first half from Chelsea today. Barkley and Fab looked good, Ampedu was excellent and Pedro and Hudson-Odoi looked smashing. Luiz was good too. Morata was pretty poor and Alonso looked pretty out of it, but still early days. Second half started ok, but went downhill after that.

Lots of work still to do to get to grips with the new system. Really need the World Cup lads to get back soon and start learning this new stuff.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Bayern v Juve on right now. Juve lead 2-0 at HT (Favilli brace). Bayern had the better of the game without being clinical (fielding some younger players) until Juve got the first goal. A pretty good game for a pre-season friendly.

Red Rom

I'm here at the Bayern Juventus game. Bayern seemed to be the better side but made some bad mistakes that Juve capitalized on. It was an absolute downpour here and the conditions seem to be taking their toll as both teams already have an injury. Still a decent turnout I would say for the weather.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm here at the Bayern Juventus game. Bayern seemed to be the better side but made some bad mistakes that Juve capitalized on. It was an absolute downpour here and the conditions seem to be taking their toll as both teams already have an injury. Still a decent turnout I would say for the weather.
You're not getting a bad game there.

Bayern had some excellent attacking build up early in the game and looked very promising. Juve are a bit of a machine though. Marchisio's quick thinking and assist for the 2nd was excellent. Nice build up to the United game that will definitely be of a much lower quality :D

Kaarel

Watching City vs Liverpool. Liverpool out with a pretty strong squad, City playing kids mainly. The pitch is absolutely awful, half of it seems to be missing grass, apparently they had 3 days of Taylor Swift concerts there.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Juventus seem to be fielding the strongest side I've seen from the major European sides so far but guess that isn't surprising with Italy and Bosnia not making it to the World Cup plus Sandro not being called up for Brazil.

Red Rom

You're not getting a bad game there.

Bayern had some excellent attacking build up early in the game and looked very promising. Juve are a bit of a machine though. Marchisio's quick thinking and assist for the 2nd was excellent. Nice build up to the United game that will definitely be of a much lower quality :D
Yeah I'm hoping traffic isn't too bad on the way home to see all 90 of our game. But you're correct this hasn't been a bad game at all so far.