Pre-season friendlies 2018

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It’s not really fair to compare them to Eriksen. He is a machine. Look at how many minutes/games he has played, both for Ajax, Spurs and Denmark. I’m Danish, so i’m a huge Eriksen fan and his fitness is top tier. He rarely misses a match and almost always plays 90 minutes.

He is also more important for Spurs, than Matic and Rojo are for us, they heavily rely on him to make them tick. Especially now with all their other players still recovering from the WC. They have a huge amount of players coming back late from the WC.

They also still have not bought a backup, so they are kinda forced to play Eriksen because otherwise the drop in performance is too big. Spurs are lucky that they can get away with underpaying their players. I still don’t understand how they manage to do it, when every other club is paying much higher wages.
We aren’t lucky, there is no luck in retaining players, players stay because they want to. Also every other club doesn’t pay higher wages, that’s a lazy myth, I think we rank 12th in the world, above club. Since then we are getting players new contracts, Kane’s new contract is a base level £200k a week.

But yeah, Eriksen is a machine, hardly ever gets injured and is always up there with the furthest distance covered. There was an interview somewhere that he has his own fitness guru, training reguime and diet.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Cheers for link. Maybe being a WC year and most of the stars missing is an important factor, but the organizers should seriously look at reducing the cost as this is looking like an yearly affair now.
They should just play the matches in smaller venues(Fenway,Red Bull Arena ect.). There are plenty of them. Better atmosphere. Either that or use Mls grounds only.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The :shocked: face at the end makes it pretty clear that it was a joke imho.

Sandyman

The wiki of the tournament has the attendance of each game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_International_Champions_Cup
Cheers for the link.
They should just play the matches in smaller venues(Fenway,Red Bull Arena ect.). There are plenty of them. Better atmosphere. Either that or use Mls grounds only.
Based on the links, the other games seem to have bigger attendances but they are still not selling out. Will wait and see the attendance for the Utd Liverpool game.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We aren’t lucky, there is no luck in retaining players, players stay because they want to. Also every other club doesn’t pay higher wages, that’s a lazy myth, I think we rank 12th in the world, above club. Since then we are getting players new contracts, Kane’s new contract is a base level £200k a week.

But yeah, Eriksen is a machine, hardly ever gets injured and is always up there with the furthest distance covered. There was an interview somewhere that he has his own fitness guru, training reguime and diet.
Well, he is a 200k material and that's what the poster probably meant!

Hoof the ball

Arsenal vs Paris St. Germain kicking off.

Arsenal - Leno, Bellerin, Kolasinac, Sokratis, Mustafi, Guendouzi, Elneny, Ozil, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Aubemayang.

PsG - Buffon, Soh, Georgen, Rimane, Nsoki, Diarra, Nkunku, Rabiot, Bernede, Toufiqui, Weah.

Last edited:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It should be a tough game with 3 confirmed pros + U19s for PSG against a stacked Arsenal side.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
When did David Luiz sign for arsenal?

Whoever he really is, he looks pretty good.
He just signed from Lorient this summer. Funnily he spent 9 years in the PSG youth teams.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
5:1 at the end - our youngsters were motivated at the end.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I know 2 players in this line-up
You must know Buffon, Rabiot and Lassana Diarra, that makes three. Nkunku is the fourth to have ever started a first division game.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I watched the Arsenal v PSG game today. Christ, I know Arsenal had some of their kids out there today but that PSG side were unrecognisable and a joke. Where were all their pros? still on holidays from the WC, apart from the french players most of their others got knocked out before the semi's.