Predict our signings this window

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
An absolutely mad thrash around at random in the last week of September, managing to secure Grealish for a mere 70m upfront with 25m based on add ons.
200k a week

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah.. But we got Lingard! Extend his contract and we'll be on level terms with Chelski.
So much talent in those legs that got wasted last season.
Not sure what his problems have been, but if him and our staff sort it out then he can be like a new signing.
He used to be an England international and I am sure he want to get back into the Euro squad so that gives him extra motivation to do well.

I predict we will get Sancho though in the end, but nothing more.

Gazza

Based on previous windows, we average out at £100 million net spend each summer.

This being a window of 'extraordinary circumstances', let's say that gets cut in half this time around.

We might take the attitude of why let the perfect be the enemy of the good, in which case we will sign a rotational midfield option for ~£35 million and maybe punt £15 million on a defensive equivalent of Dan James. Or we could end up saying that it's better to save our money and wait till next summer to spend, when the new financial realities are hopefully more clearly defined.

In any case, United fans like us will be disappointed, because we're not taking full advantage of the potential in this squad, which is higher than it has ever been since Fergie left. Whatever the reasoning behind it, we are very unlikely to improve on the squad that just about eked out a Champions League place.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
We'll finally offer the 120 mill asking price for Sancho on the last day of the season, Dortmund reject it as they don't have any time to find a replacement and the window closes.
This has the ring of truth. Except to add that it is a pure PR move to give fans the false impression Ed and the Glazers were sincere.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Sancho and that's it.

It's a disgrace but even that would probably be beyond our negotiators' ability.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Based on previous windows, we average out at £100 million net spend each summer.
I think the Summer spend has been averaging a net spend of around £65M.
We have bought in the Winter, though.

Flanders Devil

RE: Chelsea Tweet. (Can’t post for some reason)

Thoughts experiment: if we made those signings (or even that profile of signings), where would we be? I’d be interested to get peoples thoughts...

I reckon we’d be a real threat.

It’s scary that I think those are exactly the positions we need to strengthen in - although not needing 2CBs (and swap for a DM, then we’re done).

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
We're gonna pursue Sancho all transfer season. In the meantime, we'll get Brooks. Towards the end of the transfer window, we'll realise Sancho isn't happening and end up paying over the odds for Graelish as Villa will demand it because they won't have enough time to replace him.

Brooks will became a good player that isn't a regular starter. He'll share game time with a few others, mainly because of injuries.

Graelish will start really well, then the goals will dry up and we'll all start saying how we got ripped off.

Villa will be struggling for goals and eventually get relegated when they play us and Graelish breaks a 10 game run without goals. He won't celebrate, but Phil Jones will celebrate and get injured doing so.

The following season, Graelish will adjust to the team better and become a decent player whilst Villa are getting smashed by Brentford in the Championship.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Ballo-Toure or Ait-Nouri

Bennacer - possible

Van de beek?

Mercurial

hoping that we get
Torres (centre back)
Van de Beek (midfielder)
Sancho (winger)

realistically I think we will get
Van de Beek (midfielder) 40m
Sancho (winger) 70+20+20m

out Romero, Dalot, Pereira

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Van De Beek
Jadon Sancho
Josh King (IF we sustain a injury before the transfer window closes)

Out: Pereira, Smalling, Romero,

I think that'll be it. Looking at Chelseas window makes me throw up in my mouth.

hobbers

Nightmare scenario: Josh King and Grealish for a combined £100m. Fail to offload anyone. Not even Jones or Lingard.

RkkMan

Since it looks like Utd have finally realised the transfer window is open I`ll change my prediction
Van De Beek, Grealish and a LCB maybe Pau Torres as we apparently aren`t interested in Badiashile
I still don`t see Sancho happening which would be a shame but those 3 would be a good window

flappyjay

If we get this even without Sancho, it would a decent window. The only hope is European teams get desperate enough to negotiate fair deals. I also don't see us move on any deadwood beyond Chris Smalling.

Sancho/ good rw
Vdb
Reguilon
A CB

Then move on
Jones
Smalling
Bailly or tuanzebe
Rojo
Andreas
Lingard
Romero

Thats around 20m a year in wages removed. I feel Mata will leave on a free next year.

Von Mistelroum

I'll go with Grealish at the last minute for an exorbitant amount around the £80m mark and Brooks maybe for £40m.

ForeverRed1

Van de beek
A defender.

don’t think we will get sancho, leaving it way too late. The later it goes on the less dortmund are going to want to sell.

devips

Sancho, VDB and a centre back (somewhere from the outer space). That would be a great window for me.

ovoxo

Sancho
Badiashile
Van De Beek

Fully expect us to go for a DM, LB and some form of Striker next season.