Predict the United first team 2019/20

Web of Bissaka

I don't mean to be rude, but do people on here honestly think, if he's on the market, Sancho will move to Man Utd? And if so, why United over other big clubs who are moving in the right direction and offer Champions League football?
Money talks :)
Other than money -- regular start.

Because it'll be a lot easier to replace a lot of attacking players we have now since they're so bad.
  • Sanchez is a joke
  • Lukaku is just sad
  • Mata is leaving
  • Martial is lazy
  • Lingard who?
Rashford is his only competition for 3 or 2 slots every week. That's so easy.

Other big clubs mostly have already well established attacking starter units, so Sancho will have to start on the bench and as challenger to their spots. Player power/influences is also there, big name striker/wingers will make problems letting a new kid replacing them. Way more difficult.

DarkRed

3-5-2

GK: David de Gea
LCB: Luke Shaw
CB: Matthijs de Ligt
RCB: Victor Lindelöf

LWB: Demetri Mitchell
RWB: Diogo Dalot

MF: Sandro Tonali
MF: Nicolò Barella
AMF: Paul Pogba

CF: Anthony Martial
CF: Marcus Rashford

Last edited by a moderator:

BaseFishing

Cillesen
AWB - Smalling - Lindelof - Shaw
McTominay
Fred - Pogba
Greenwood ------------ Lingard
Rashford

Prodigy24

De Gea
A1B - Lindelöf - Alderweireld - Shaw
Matic - Rice - Fernandes
Sancho - Martial - Rashford

I think it's very unrealistic but one can hope... Can't see Pogba staying unfortunately.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
  • Attempt to get rid of as many players who are lazy that don’t play to United standards.
  • Get at least half of the newcomers to be familiar faces who play in the EPL. Loot English clubs and weaken them while strengthening ours.
  • Clear space to have opportunity to promote youth.
  • Have fluid forwards that aren’t predictable or static in attack as well as a sound defense capable of not being a liability.
  • Net spend under £200m.
Let Walk
(RB) Valencia
(AM) Mata
(CM) Herrera

Promote Full Time
(ST) Greenwood
(GK) Henderson
(CB) Tuanzebe

Sell
(LW) Martial [£55m]
(CB) Jones [£15m]
(LW) Alexis [£15m]
(LB) Darmian [£10m]
(GK) Romero [£10m]
TOTAL: £105m

Buy
(RB) Aaron Wan-Bissaka [£30m]
(CB) Toby Alderweireld [£25m]
(CM) N’Golo Kanté [£35m]
(CM) Bruno Fernandes [£50m]
(AM/RW) Hakim Ziyech [£25m]
(RW) Jaden Sancho [£100m + add ons]
TOTAL: £265m

Swap Deal
Lukaku < - - - > Icardi

Net Spend
£265m - £105m = £160m

. Rashford ..-.. Icardi .. - . Sancho
. (Jesse) .. (Greenwood) . (Ziyech)

..........Pogba ... - .. Fernandes
......... (Fred) .. ... . (McTominay)
.............. ... Kanté
............. ... (Matic)

Shaw - Alderweireld - Lindelof - Bissaka
(Young)..(Smalling) (Tuanzebe) -(Dalot)

................. De Gea
.............. (Henderson)

..... Extra’s: Bailly + Rojo + Pereira

...thoughts? I feel this would make for noticeable changeup and send the right message to the players and fans. That enough mediocrity is enough and you have to prove your worth otherwise you’re gone.

Icardi may not be much of a difference in terms of quality over Lukaku but at least we’re bringing in someone who’d fit the sort of attack mindset we’re looking for. Henderson plays in Cup games, gets mentored by Dave for 1 year and then takes over the following season. Midfield is addressed, solidified, and most importantly balanced. Attack is rejuvenated and fluid filled with unpredictability. A major splash isn’t made on defence but instead reliable EPL players are brought in who without question upgrade what we had and save the big backline move for the following summer.

Last edited:

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Rashford Striker Winger
Pogba Midfielder Herrera
Shaw Defender Lindelof Right Back
De Gea​
Bingo.

This is the template the team should have heading into the transfer window. There’s 5 starting spots that need to be addressed and very possibly 6 if Herrera is gone.

Fer

Rashford Striker Winger
Pogba Midfielder Herrera
De Gea​
I think most of the caf agree with you.

We need half of the team, just imagine if De Gea, Pogba and Herrera decide to go.

I noticed that you put Rashford as left winger. IMO he has more potential in that position, I'm not totally convinced with him as our main striker.

croadyman

• Attempt to get rid of as many players who are lazy that don’t play to United standards.
  • Get at least half of the newcomers to be familiar faces who play in the EPL. Loot English clubs and weaken them while strengthening ours.
  • Clear space to have opportunity to promote youth.
  • Have fluid forwards that aren’t predictable or static in attack as well as a sound defense capable of not being a liability.
  • Net spend under £200m.
Let Walk
(RB) Valencia
(AM) Mata
(CM) Herrera

Promote Full Time
(ST) Greenwood
(GK) Henderson
(CB) Tuanzebe

Sell
(LW) Martial [£55m]
(CB) Jones [£15m]
(LW) Alexis [£15m]
(LB) Darmian [£10m]
(GK) Romero [£10m]
TOTAL: £105m

Buy
(RB) Aaron Wan-Bissaka [£30m]
(CB) Toby Alderweireld [£25m]
(CM) N’Golo Kanté [£35m]
(CM) Bruno Fernandes [£50m]
(AM/RW) Hakim Ziyech [£25m]
(RW) Jaden Sancho [£100m + add ons]
TOTAL: £265m

Swap Deal
Lukaku < - - - > Icardi

Net Spend
£265m - £105m = £160m

. Rashford ..-.. Icardi .. - . Sancho
. (Jesse) .. (Greenwood) . (Ziyech)

..........Pogba ... - .. Fernandes
......... (Fred) .. ... . (McTominay)
.............. ... Kanté
............. ... (Matic)

Shaw - Alderweireld - Lindelof - Bissaka
(Young)..(Smalling) (Tuanzebe) -(Dalot)

................. De Gea
.............. (Henderson)

..... Extra’s: Bailly + Rojo + Pereira

...thoughts? I feel this would make for noticeable changeup and send the right message to the players and fans. That enough mediocrity is enough and you have to prove your worth otherwise you’re gone.

Icardi may not be much of a difference in terms of quality over Lukaku but at least we’re bringing in someone who’d fit the sort of attack mindset we’re looking for. Henderson plays in Cup games, gets mentored by Dave for 1 year and then takes over the following season. Midfield is addressed, solidified, and most importantly balanced. Attack is rejuvenated and fluid filled with unpredictability. A major splash isn’t made on defence but instead reliable EPL players are brought in who without question upgrade what we had and save the big backline move for the following summer.
Kante for £35m,think it would take a hell of a lot more than that. I also would be surprised if they let him go with a transfer ban in place

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Kante for £35m,think it would take a hell of a lot more than that. I also would be surprised if they let him go with a transfer ban in place
I think that’s fair. Let’s not forget Kanté was bought for £32m by Chelsea. His form since has dropped under them and he’s now 28 (less prime years left in him)...it’s not that the player has necessarily gotten worse as he’s still been phenomenal internationally but Sarri doesn’t rate him and/or is misusing him by playing him in questionable positions. One could argue his price has gone down and even £30m would be doable. My evaluation has him in between the £30m-£40m range so I just split it down the middle.

...as for a potential transfer ban, I don’t think it’ll change their perspective much with regards at a chance to sell Kanté. Sarri won’t be leaving and will still be in charge by the time next season begins. They still have notables Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Kovacic, Barkley, Drinkwater who Sarri would be glad with and thus be able to move on from Kanté.

A Pogba-Kanté reunion would be quite spectacular. On paper at least, would help the team in numerous ways! :smirk:

Woziak

We need a blend of experience and youth, we need more energy, more creativity and more goals. We can't sell De Gea, Alexis, Pogba and Lukaku in 1 window but we can let 2 of them go.

De Gea will not want to stay when Juan and Ander leave so we should cash in on him and maybe sell Romelu if we can get the experience of Cavani for a couple of years.

Released or Sold(10/11)- Rojo(10M), Ashley Young(5M), Darmian(10M), Lukaku(80M), TFM (10M), DE Gea (60M), A Sanchez(25M) Valencia, Mata, Le Grant, Herrera all Frees
Sales - £175M -200M if we can off load A Sanchez!

Promoted(5) - Mason Greenwood, Axel Tuanzebe, Taith Chong, Angel Gomes, E Laird

Buy (7) - Tom Heaton - 20M, De Ligt 80M, W Bissaka 40M, C Erikssen 60M, B Fernandes 50M, Cavani 50M, J Sancho 100M,

Net Spend of £225M, with the hope of trying to find Alexis a club but highly unlikely.

First 11 PL and FA Cup;
(Potentially 44 Games)
T Heaton
Wan Bissaka C Smalling De Ligt L Shaw
P Jones (Natural CDM)
Ericssen Pogba
J Sancho E Cavani M Rashford

Europa League & League Cup
(potentially 21 Games)
S Romero
E Laird A Tuanzebe V Lindelof D Dalot
N Matic
S McTominay B Fernandes
J Lingard M Greenwood A Martial

Additional Squad Players(6) ; J Pereira, Fred, A Pereira, E Baily, A Gomes, T Chong.

Before people go crazy about Smalling and Jones, smalling is one of the quickest and physical CB's in the PL, he's just no good with the ball at his feet put Bissaka and De Ligt next to him and he will excel. Phil Jones was never a CB, he's too rash but he's a much better footballer than people give him credit for and will die for the shirt. In an ideal solution I would buy N'golo Kante or D Rice but we simply won't have the money so we need to find a mobile agressive CDM option from our current squad and I can really only see Phil Jones, TFM, E Baily, J Garner or A Traore ( who both are not quite ready yet!),

This should be his last chance where Jones either delivers or he's sold the following season but he will be told to get the team playing higher up the pitch.

Havak

Pokemon master
GK: De Gea, Romero, Grant, Henderson*, J.Pereira*
DF: Meunier, Dalot, Shaw, Young; Alderweireld, Smalling, Lindelof, Bailly, Jones, Fosu-Mensah*, Tuanzebe*
MF: Pogba, van de Beek, Fred, Matic, McTominay, A.Pereira, Gomes*
FW: Rashford, Martial, Bale, Lukaku, Lingard, Greenwood*, Chong*

A little sad but I can see it headed this way. The younger lads* will either be loaned or play in the Europa League squads (assuming we end up in that competition) and League Cup. If we somehow finish 4th, I think the signings will differ.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Other than money -- regular start.

Because it'll be a lot easier to replace a lot of attacking players we have now since they're so bad.
  • Sanchez is a joke
  • Lukaku is just sad
  • Mata is leaving
  • Martial is lazy
  • Lingard who?
Rashford is his only competition for 3 or 2 slots every week. That's so easy.

Other big clubs mostly have already well established attacking starter units, so Sancho will have to start on the bench and as challenger to their spots. Player power/influences is also there, big name striker/wingers will make problems letting a new kid replacing them. Way more difficult.
Also worth remembering Sancho left City to get a starting spot, so he's more likely to move to a team where that s still guaranteed.

Rashford Striker Winger
Pogba Midfielder Herrera
De Gea​

Rashford Felix Sancho
Pogba Rice Herrera
Shaw De Ligt Lindelof AWB
De Gea
I'd be praying for this line up if I was a Utd fan! Playing felix as a false 9

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
you're not getting Kante for £35m
Ok. That’s that then I guess since you say so ?

...Kanté bought for £32m and form dropping at Chelsea. His price isn’t going to go up by a significant amount. I bet he doesn’t go for north of £40m. Leicester weren’t blind to sell him for what they did and teams won’t give Chelsea much of a profit for a player that they know doesn’t fit for them.

Thunderhead

Supports
City

...Kanté bought for £32m and form dropping at Chelsea. His price isn’t going to go up by a significant amount. I bet he doesn’t go for north of £40m. Leicester weren’t blind to sell him for what they did and teams won’t give Chelsea much of a profit for a player that they know doesn’t fit for them.
I very much doubt Chelsea will sell him, but when players like Fred, Jorginho, Fabinho etc are going for £40 - £50m then I'd be very surprised a player who has 4 years left on his contract who has proven to be better than each of these players will go for less

Pughnichi

GK: DeGea | Henderson
RB: WanBissaka
LB: Shaw
RB/LB: Dalot | Laird
CB: Alderweireld | Lindelof
CB: Smalling | Tuanzebe
CDM: Rice | McTominay | Garner
MC: Pogba | Gomes
MC: Fernandes | Herrera
RF: Sancho | Chong
LF: Martial | Rashford
CF: ?? | Greenwood

23 man squad

Sell the rest

ricky-romeo

hope we sign Meunier, De Ligt, Sancho and Ndombele,

we'll probably end up signing Trippier, Bale and Alderweireld though.

sparx99

Also worth remembering Sancho left City to get a starting spot, so he's more likely to move to a team where that s still guaranteed.

Rashford Felix Sancho
Pogba Rice Herrera
Shaw De Ligt Lindelof AWB
De Gea
I'd be praying for this line up if I was a Utd fan! Playing felix as a false 9
That line up arouses me I have to admit. I reckon Meunier and Alderweireld are more like than AWB & De Ligt but you never know. And the obligatory if player x leaves then we need player y.

ROFLUTION

What I hope will happen

De Gea
Wan Bisaka - De Ligt - Lindelöf - Shaw
Eriksen - Fred - Pogba
Sancho - Rashford/Felix - Martial

Then have a healthy competition between the front 3 who can all switch places.​

Wan B: 50m
De Ligt: 100m
Sancho: 80m
Joao Felix: 60m
Eriksen: 65m

Combined: 355m.. Sell Lukaku to recoup about 50-60m (Bayern, Milan, Roma?), Sell Darmian (5-10m), Rojo (10-15m), Sanchez (who knows) and the bill will be about 270m combined.

Wont happen though. But gotta dream. If one of them is unavailable (Sancho or Felix), go for Richarlison (80m)

MUfreak

I'll go with

Ddg
Muenier - Lindelof - Koulibaly - Shaw
Pogba - Rabiot - Fenandes
Pepe - Rashford - Insigne

This is a team that can win you a treble.

MUfreak

We need a Harzard type of player TBH, I think Insigne ticks all the boxes and he is a leader. Bin Martial.

Johnbouche

Oblak

AWB De Light Lindelof Shaw

Herrera Fred

Joao Felix

Deulofeu Martial/ Rashford
Werner

Last edited by a moderator:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
3 years from now (or around that time), something like this is definitely possible, just hope we can get these players, but dont think its too unrealistic tbf.

De Gea
Dalot - Lindelof/Tuanzebe - Skriniar - Shaw
Ruben Neves
Tielemans - ???
Sancho - Greenwood - Rashford​

Gk obviously De Gea if he stays, if not then we'll see. Plenty of options anyway, not too worried for that. Maybe Wan Bissaka at right back, though if we buy Meunier then I think that's a good signing to let Dalot develop. CBs who knows, but I'm confident at least one of those we have will be a good starter in a few years. Cant see it being a pair of Tuanzebe and Lindelof, but maybe one of those. Shaw left back is fine, midfield trio will be completely different in a few years, but we need to get 2 of the correct signings this summer, 2 above as my ideal choices to start to bring us up a level on the ball while also being realistic. Front 3 between Rashford, Martial and Greenwood, I'm sure we'll have 2 of those 3 sorted long term, just the right wing needs fixing.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think that’s fair. Let’s not forget Kanté was bought for £32m by Chelsea. His form since has dropped under them and he’s now 28 (less prime years left in him)...it’s not that the player has necessarily gotten worse as he’s still been phenomenal internationally but Sarri doesn’t rate him and/or is misusing him by playing him in questionable positions. One could argue his price has gone down and even £30m would be doable. My evaluation has him in between the £30m-£40m range so I just split it down the middle.

...as for a potential transfer ban, I don’t think it’ll change their perspective much with regards at a chance to sell Kanté. Sarri won’t be leaving and will still be in charge by the time next season begins. They still have notables Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Kovacic, Barkley, Drinkwater who Sarri would be glad with and thus be able to move on from Kanté.

A Pogba-Kanté reunion would be quite spectacular. On paper at least, would help the team in numerous ways! :smirk:
I think you’d be looking at north of £40m for both Kante and AWB.

Prices aside I agree with the other poster, Chelsea won’t let him go if they have a ban. Kovacic is only on loan til the end of the season, not sure if they will be able to bring him back. Drinkwater hasn’t featured under Sarri, I doubt he’s in their plans.

I’d love to replace matic with Kante but I don’t believe it will happen

Cabin Clown

GK - De Gea
RB - Wan Bissaka
CB - Smalling
CB - Lindelof
LB - Shaw
RW - Sancho
CM - Fernandes
CDM - Rice
CM - Pogba
LW - Martial
FW - Rashford

This is what I expect us to end up with. I would rather we didn't go for Rice but I think United will go that route.

Fer

It seems that Wan Bissaka wants to stay at Palace for next season. Also, I think Dortmund is not going to sell Sancho this season, they are going to lose Pulisic.
I hope we can sign Ndombele, Fernandes, etc. But it seems that most of the best available mids could go to PSG, Juve, City, Bayern, Madrid, etc.

If we end up selling Pogba and De Gea, we are going to have a difficult time next season, mainly if we don't replace them with proper players.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Rashford Striker Winger
Pogba Midfielder Herrera
De Gea​
Has Rashford even done enough to be considered for this lineup? Not for me.
Herrera is most likely going to be playing for PSG, and then Pogba and De Gea may try and force their way out... :annoyed: Of the 2 I think we'll lose Pogba.

Winger Striker Winger
Pogba Midfielder Midfielder
De Gea
CB: Alderweireld
RB: Meunier
CM: Tielemans, Barella & Rice
LW: Lozano (Don't let him go to bloody Napoli!)
ST: Icardi
Rw: Pepe

Good luck Ole!

Edit: I know we won't sign 8 players, those are my guesses as to who is most likely to sign for us in those positions factoring in costs, willingness to join, realistic targets and current press speculation. We'll sign 5 players MAX most likely.

Last edited:

Fosu-Mens

If we don't get top 4 and CL:

GK: Romero, Henderson, Grant.
Fullbacks: Meunier/Trippier, Shaw, Dalot, Young.(Laird and O'Conner given some gametime)
Centrebacks: Lindelof, Smalling, Jones, Bailly, Rojo(not able to get rid) and Tuanzebe.
Midfielders: Rice, Fernandes, Pereira, Fred, McT and Matic. (Garner and Gomez given gametime)
Attackers: Rashford, Martial(not able to get rid), Lingard, Sanchez(not able to get rid), Lozano and Lukaku(not able to get rid). (Greenwood given gametime)

Fer

Has Rashford even done enough to be considered for this lineup? Not for me.
Herrera is most likely going to be playing for PSG, and then Pogba and De Gea may try and force their way out... :annoyed: Of the 2 I think we'll lose Pogba.

Winger Striker Winger
Pogba Midfielder Midfielder
De Gea
CB: Alderweireld
RB: Meunier
CM: Tielemans, Barella & Rice
LW: Lozano (Don't let him go to bloody Napoli!)
ST: Icardi
Rw: Pepe

Good luck Ole!

Edit: I know we won't sign 8 players, those are my guesses as to who is most likely to sign for us in those positions factoring in costs, willingness to join, realistic targets and current press speculation. We'll sign 5 players MAX most likely.
I like your approach. Even though we are going to play one of Martial/Rashford as LW, the players you suggested are realistic and not as expensive as others.
Alderweireld and Meunier would improve our defense right away. Pepe AND Lozando would cost less than Sancho. I'm not sure about Icardi, IMO he won't improve our attack massively. I think our strikers can improve with better crosses and with Pepe/Lozano instead of Lingard in the first team.

The midfield you suggested sounds talented, but, do you rate those players higher than Fernandes, Ndombele, Van Beek or even Neves?
Also, who would you sign if we sell Pogba and De Gea?

Kidders

I keep updating my pick based on....well nothing really.

Oblak
Meunier-Linderlof-Koulibaly-Shaw
Fernades-Rodri-Pogba
Sancho-Rashford-Martial

He had a release clause at Leicester. He would have gone for a lot more if he didn’t. £32m was not market value for him, and everyone knew it. You cannot use that as a barometer. Following his move he went onto win the league, and generally acknowledged as one of the best midfielders in the league, if not the world. His form hasn’t dropped, he’s been played out of position.

Utd wouldn’t be able to get Kante for anything under £60m. Chelsea faced a backlash over selling Matic, they would be very reticent to do so again, especially for such a popular player.

Profit/ loss on a player is irrelevant, what they previously sold for is not a barometer of their future worth.

Alek M

Da manic one
——————some dude
———Lindelof———some dude
Young------------———————-Shaw
————————Fred
--—————-McT—-Some Dude
Sancho————-———-———Some dude
—-—————-Rashford

Walters_19_MuFc

I think most of the caf agree with you.

We need half of the team, just imagine if De Gea, Pogba and Herrera decide to go.

I noticed that you put Rashford as left winger. IMO he has more potential in that position, I'm not totally convinced with him as our main striker.
Rashford, to me, has all the attributes to be a fantastic wide forward.