Predict the World Cup final

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
So we know the final eight teams/countries in the world cup 1/4 final, making that 16 different possible finals:

So let's play. . . . . Predict the World Cup final.
Which final do you think will occur (head choice) and which would you like to occur (heart choice)?

The possible finals are:

1: Russia v Uruguay
2: Croatia v Uruguay
3: Sweden v Uruguay
4: England v Uruguay
5: France v Russia
6: France v Croatia
7: France v Sweden
8: England v France
9: Brazil v Russia
10: Brazil v Croatia
11: Brazil v Sweden
12: Brazil v England
13: Belgium v Russia
14: Belgium v Croatia
15: Belgium v Sweden
16: Belgium v England

I'm going to go with France v Croatia (with France defeating Brazil and Croatia defeating England in the two SFs)

Difficult to judge though but there's a 75% chance that the final will have a country in it which has never made a final.

So what's your choice?

Last edited:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
France vs Croatia

Mbappe to score the winner and we finally find the new Pele.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
England vs Brazil, with the South Americans having a bit too much for a hard-working English side.

Canagel

I've gone for France vs England

The first semi final is the real final IMO. The winner is most likely one of France, Brazil or Belgium. Croatia and England from what I've seen so far are a level below these three teams. But England will overcome Sweden and Croatia to reach the final. Croatia are very overrated. They were very poor vs Denmark and I'd be shocked if England don't put them away. I think Brazil will beat Belgium but lose to France.

Last edited:

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Can you imagine a Belgium (Brussels) v England final with ongoing brexit?

Now that would be just ironic. . . the tabloids would have a field day.

:)

Backrow Singer

Mad how the draw has worked out. All these teams knocking each other out and England, Sweden and Croatia are sneaking their way towards a final.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Brazil to beat Croatia in the final.

England will overperform by getting to the semi-finals, where not having an actual midfield to face Modric and Rakitic will ultimately screw them over.

SatoshiStacker

It ends up being Croatia vs Brazil with a goal either end, Croatia fight hard but Brazil manage to nick a late goal before the final whistle.

marktan

I want France vs England.

It'll most likely be Brazil vs Croatia.

If we do somehow manage to get to the final, I'm comfortable facing anyone but Brazil. They're defensively solid and attack really well, think they'd do us with ease. France's style matches up best with them so hopefully they can do the job in the semi.

France would still beat England most likely but we're more familiar with their players.

Zlatattack

England to win it beating Brazil in the final. Neymar to be in Kyle Walkers pocket, Lingard to score goal of the tournament as the winner.

Daily Mail to write an article disapproving of him and Sterling for dancing afterwards.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brazil - Croatia, Brazil winning. Though England or Croatia is a toss up IMO. Could go either way. Likewise France/Brazil.

meninred

all the good teams left are on one side. Brazil..france..belgium and Uruguay. Was the draw originally made by an englishman ?

Neo_Mufc

Agree with OP. France vs Croatia.

Whilst Brazil are pulling out results, I think they are beatable.

Croatia's biggest test will be England(hopefully) and I can see them dominating possession and the midfield to get to the final.

Neo_Mufc

all the good teams left are on one side. Brazil..france..belgium and Uruguay. Was the draw originally made by an englishman ?
Argentina and Germany could have been on our half of the draw had they bothered to turn up to the WC.

NikkiCFC

Supports
Chelsea
Portugal won EURO16 by playing against one top side in whole tournament (final against France). Maybe England can do the same? Although I don't see how can they beat Brazil, Belgium or France.

Giggs86

England - Brazil with Lingard winning it in ET a-la FA Cup final 2016.

Schneckerl

Belgium/France/Brazil v England

Croatia/Sweden/Russia playing a WC final would be weird

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
It's going to go:

Sweden V Russia / Brazil V Uruguay

Sweden V Brazil

Sweden.

Sweden take an undeserved lead from a 54th minute corner, get battered until the final whistle but somehow survive.

Waq

I really don’t understand why so many people are discounting Belgium. I really feel they’re strong enough in all areas, and balanced enough, to beat Brazil and France to get to the final.

England will play Belgium in the final.

I just hope the United players do well.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I really don’t understand why so many people are discounting Belgium. I really feel they’re strong enough in all areas, and balanced enough, to beat Brazil and France to get to the final.

England will play Belgium in the final.

I just hope the United players do well.
I think they've looked a shambles defensively at times. Also playing with Witsel is like playing with 10 men. Not saying they can't make the final but I'd fancy all the other teams on that side of the draw over them.

Ainu

Can you imagine a Belgium (Brussels) v England final with ongoing brexit?

Now that would be just ironic. . . the tabloids would have a field day.

:)
Brussels, at least in terms of what it represents in brexit discussions, is a completely separate entity to Belgium though. Tabloids in England would lap it up but it wouldn't make any sense.