Predict your flops of the season

SambaBoy

Jovic. Rumours was that Zidane wanted to loan him out for this season already as he didn't feel he was ready which is a big indictment considering they spent over £50m on him.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
We paid 28m up front and he's already looked great in his first two starts. :) Happy to be wrong on this but I don't think we will regret this at all.
Yeah he looks good

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Gbamin, Angelino, Cancelo, Adams, Martinelli, Perez, Tregzeguet, Joelinton, Cutrone, Sarr, Jovic, Duncan.

Some wild stabs in the dark but I'm confident in that half will flop.

SAFMUTD

Luka Jovic for Madrid, I think he won't be able to put on with the pressure on Madrid. Also Benzema has nailed his place in the starting XI with Zidane so I dont think he'll get much oportunities.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Luiz is a joke of a footballer, so yeah, naturally he’ll be s flop. Atrocious player.
Other than some stints in the past, I'm surprised that nobody has figured out that Luiz isn't a centre half and is more like a DM. In fact, he would probably excel in that role. Like Ramos, he's a very good footballer. But also like Ramos, he's a horrible defender and a mistake waiting to happen. With that being said, the only reason why I wouldn't predict him to be a flop at Arsenal is because of how low his price tag was. Plus, as bad as he can be, he's still an upgrade on Mustafi...

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Gbamin, Angelino, Cancelo, Adams, Martinelli, Perez, Tregzeguet, Joelinton, Cutrone, Sarr, Jovic, Duncan.

Some wild stabs in the dark but I'm confident in that half will flop.
I agree with Gbamin, looked really shakey.

But Martinelli? He was brought in to play in their youth system most likely, for him to flop you'll need to wait like 4 years.

Halal Jalal

Hazard
Maguire
Griezmann
Pepe

All will be decent at least, but won't contribute nearly as much as expected and therefore will be considered as the high-profile flops. I wanted to include Cancelo there too but he'll barely play and no one will notice, most likely.

Robbie Boy

In fairness I think they’ve looked half decent, may well still flop but up to now I’ve been mildly impressed.
I think both have been utterly horrible together. They haven’t clicked and don’t seem to understand each others game or what their individual roles should be.

Then again, attacking players being managed by the archaic Bruce....

Robbie Boy

This. Is this guy a troll or what? WUM?
No, he’s one of these hyper-cool edgy posters who insinuates that no one on the Caf rates any of our players so he makes silly posts. Hint, he’s not cool whatsoever and posters of his ilk are equally as irritating as the doom mongers.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Jovic : Don't think Madrid is the right environment for him at this present time. Still needs to grow as a player.
Think the pressure will get to him.
Can see him being loaned out in January.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
I dunno, he was hardly pulling up trees at Arsenal. I’m surprised you sold Lookman, who looks like he has more potential than Iwobi (IMO).

Surprised some feel de Ligt will flop. Isn’t he some Mbappe level generational talent? And with Chiellini injured long-term, I think he’ll step up.
Iwobi is comfortably better player than lookman. Iwobi is very good footballer. Just cant shoot and not great finisher. As long as you dont rely on him to be consistent goalscorer. He will be fine.

I think Maguire will be seen as waste of money. Not that he is no good. But United will concede close to 50 goals in the league and he will be questioned

Last edited by a moderator:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Other than some stints in the past, I'm surprised that nobody has figured out that Luiz isn't a centre half and is more like a DM. In fact, he would probably excel in that role. Like Ramos, he's a very good footballer. But also like Ramos, he's a horrible defender and a mistake waiting to happen. With that being said, the only reason why I wouldn't predict him to be a flop at Arsenal is because of how low his price tag was. Plus, as bad as he can be, he's still an upgrade on Mustafi...
He's been played as a DM before and it didn't work.

Jonno

Rashford. I can see him limping to 10-12 goals, tops.

I appreciate his age, and it's not his fault. He should be backing up a peak front three. Not effectively leading it.

Revaulx

I really like Luiz, but he’s the last thing that Arsenal backline needs. A dull but solid defender would have been far more useful.

Enigma_87

You know who
Rashford isn't exactly someone who can call a flop. First of he's an academy player and second he already has 2 goals in 4 games. Most likely he will reach again 10-15 goals in PL considering he has no competition for his place - hence won't really flop.

MrBest

Mata new contract!

On a serious note, in EPL, has to be Kean. A lot of money on a teenager I think is pretty average.

In La Liga, between De Jong and Jovic (i think that is his name at Madrid). Both are young, big reputations and went for a lot of money. are they ready?

In Seria A, either De Ligt or Ramsey (does that count, he was free but costs them 500k a week!)

In France, Herrea - went for free and cannot see him starting much.

RedCurry

De Ligt captained the champions league finalist last season before he was even 20. He deserves all the accolades he could possibly have gotten up to the point he joined Juventus. After that he is dead to me.

Eden Hazard "appears" to be the most underwhelming purchase of the season. I have no idea why Real Madrid broke the bank for him. He was a very good Chelsea player, but never a world beater. Atletico Madrid took an incredible gamble with Joao Felix, and he is absolutely crushing it so far.
He makes far too many errors to deserve the accolades. He’s a kid though and could go on to become a very good player. At his current level, he’s massively overrated.

Amarsdd

De Ligt captained the champions league finalist last season before he was even 20. He deserves all the accolades he could possibly have gotten up to the point he joined Juventus. After that he is dead to me.

Eden Hazard "appears" to be the most underwhelming purchase of the season. I have no idea why Real Madrid broke the bank for him. He was a very good Chelsea player, but never a world beater. Atletico Madrid took an incredible gamble with Joao Felix, and he is absolutely crushing it so far.
Has he really? He looked good during the preseason as Athletico were a lot more expansive than usual. But in the league, they are back to the 1-0 Athletico of old and Joao Felix, except for that run for the penalty and a couple of nice touches in the other games, I think he has looked really underwhelming. Of course, he's a 19? year-old though.

USREDEVIL

No, he’s one of these hyper-cool edgy posters who insinuates that no one on the Caf rates any of our players so he makes silly posts. Hint, he’s not cool whatsoever and posters of his ilk are equally as irritating as the doom mongers.
Ahh. I see. In the U.S. we call them "douchebags."

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Joelinton was a good shout. I thought that he was coming from the Bundesliga off the back of a 20 goal season or something. Turns out he's barely scored throughout his career. No idea why they thought spending 40m on him was a good idea.

pascell

Rashford. I can see him limping to 10-12 goals, tops.

I appreciate his age, and it's not his fault. He should be backing up a peak front three. Not effectively leading it.
You had to go and jinx him saying he'd limp to 10-12 goals :lol: he's on 14 so far in the league, 19 overall and we now look like we couldn't hit a barn door with him being injured!

Classical Mechanic

Joelinton was a good shout. I thought that he was coming from the Bundesliga off the back of a 20 goal season or something. Turns out he's barely scored throughout his career. No idea why they thought spending 40m on him was a good idea.
I posted this earlier in the season about this lad

How can he flop if he’s basically shite?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Referred to la liga, and considering the price and expectations my top 3 would be Griezmann, Joâo Félix and Jovic.
In the case of Griezmann because I think he does not fit in the club.
History of his signing, dressing room, system, general atmosphere in the club.
Joao for his spartan coach,who would play with a top striker and 10 Kokes if he had occasion and perhaps because of his character, too timid.
Maybe it's a false impression for that introverted character but he doesn't seem enthusiastic about the club he plays either.
Jovic had one of the most complicated tasks in football, be a competitor of Benzema and has played even less than I expected. If he plays the entire game (If I remember well it happened very sporadically) he seems out of place and when he plays 5 or 10 minutes, are usually desperate situations.

Moiraine

Referred to la liga, and considering the price and expectations my top 3 would be Griezmann, Joâo Félix and Jovic.
In the case of Griezmann because I think he does not fit in the club.
History of his signing, dressing room, system, general atmosphere in the club.
Joao for his spartan coach,who would play with a top striker and 10 Kokes if he had occasion and perhaps because of his character, too timid.
Maybe it's a false impression for that introverted character but he doesn't seem enthusiastic about the club he plays either.
Jovic had one of the most complicated tasks in football, be a competitor of Benzema and has played even less than I expected. If he plays the entire game (If I remember well it happened very sporadically) he seems out of place and when he plays 5 or 10 minutes, are usually desperate situations.
:houllier:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He looked pretty good in his last season for Hoffenheim. A quite complete and hard working forward. It was his job to mess with defenders and open up spaces, Kramaric and Belfodil (or in a lesser role Szalai) were the guys responsible for scoring goals. His xG90 that year was only 0.37, compared to Kramaric's 0.8, Szalai's 0.55 and Belfodil's 0.59.That being said he still scored less thant his xG and paying that much for him (or a striker who doesn't really score in general) was madness. Had he been available for a moderate sum of say €15m I think some of the BL top 4 aspirants would have been interested in him.

Jonno

You had to go and jinx him saying he'd limp to 10-12 goals :lol: he's on 14 so far in the league, 19 overall and we now look like we couldn't hit a barn door with him being injured!
Amazing what half a season can do.

Parts of my post are still valid though, he shouldn’t be leading the line, being overplayed ultimately causing injury.

He should be backing up a peak strike force. Imagine him rotating with the likes of Rooney/Tevez/Berbatov/RVN/Cole/Yorke etc rather than expected to lead the line, playing through injuries at 21/22