Premier League Festive Season (Gameweek 18-20)

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
That's what I saw.

He's only in that position because he's being fouled first.
Even if he’s not, it happens first… VAR is deciding what to show the ref. Tell him there’s two things and show it all… full fecking speed too, not freeze frames and zoom ins.

Ive literally stood at a United this season and not celebrated goals. Two minutes later it’s given and the moments gone. Ruining it.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
That wasn’t an elbow though was it.
Must be some pointy muscles to make somebody bleed. The intent was clear and obvious anyway. He gets held on his left arm and decide to swing his right ?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Must be some pointy muscles to make somebody bleed. The intent was clear and obvious anyway. He gets held on his left arm and decide to swing his right ?
What on earth did you watch mate :lol:

The player actively tries to avoid making contact with anyone by moving his arm up and away. It couldn’t be any more accidental.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What's considered the same phase of play isn't determined by time, is it?
No, it's determined by when a next phase of play happens, and it didn't in this instance.

Oranges038

Even if he’s not, it happens first… VAR is deciding what to show the ref. Tell him there’s two things and show it all… full fecking speed too, not freeze frames and zoom ins.

Ive literally stood at a United this season and not celebrated goals. Two minutes later it’s given and the moments gone. Ruining it.
It's quite ridiculous.

3 or 4 fouls here in stoppage time that could have gone to Villa. Same things being given to Sheffield Utd.

Referees have been shocking here, not surprised at all with Taylor on the pitch and John Brooks on VAR, he's another terrible referee.

Zen

Carragher with the "get up son your team is playing for 3 points" made that a guarantee :lol:

Champ

It isn’t determined by time and even if it was: 15 seconds would be more than enough. How long should SHU be in possession? They got the ball, hence a new situation. I wouldn’t consider that the same phase of play at all.
It was the same phase, the ball was still active in the same phase of play, it's relatively simple.

Oranges038

Actually happy Villa got that goal, they were being robbed here. To come away with a point will still feel like a loss.

awop

Supports
Arsenal

The player actively tries to avoid making contact with anyone by moving his arm up and away. It couldn’t be any more accidental.
Yeah right purely accidental :lol: :lol: He's clearly annoyed at him, makes eye contact while he's standing up and then a fast swipe of his right arm. Totally accidental :wenger:

Withnail

No, it's determined by when a next phase of play happens, and it didn't in this instance.
Hmmm when the defending team get it back and 4 of them touch it, two of whom had time and space to clear it?

Commentators were saying they didn't actually get the ball out of the box so maybe that comes into it?

It's really not clear for me.

Zen

Actually happy Villa got that goal, they were being robbed here. To come away with a point will still feel like a loss.
Don't agree with this at all, Sheffield United have held them to basically nothing really.

always_hoping

Credit to Chris Wilder came with a plan to keep things tight at the back and nick at least a point. Achieved that and could easily have won against the odds.

Oranges038

Yeah right purely accidental :lol: :lol: He's clearly annoyed at him, makes eye contact while he's standing up and then a fast swipe of his right arm. Totally accidental :wenger:
It was, he was trying to shrug him off and got a push, that's what made his elbow catch the villa player.

Champ

Hmmm when the defending team get it back and 4 of them touch it, two of whom had time and space to clear it?

Commentators were saying they didn't actually get the ball out of the box so maybe that comes into it?

It's really not clear for me.
I think the Scousers talked himself into thinking it was the same phase of play due to the fact it wasn't out of the box.
For me a change of phase is when someone else has attacked or at least cleared the ball fully, but of course time constraints then come into it as well.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Absolutely fed up of the PL. Blatant red card, 9 (nine) minutes added as well. Unbelievable.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah it looked aggressive to me
This is exactly what NBA players do every night. Raise their arms to pretend they're avoiding the argument while sneaking in a swipe, it's so painfully obvious... Can't believe people are falling for this

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
This is exactly what NBA players do every night. Raise their arms to pretend they're avoiding the argument while sneaking in a swipe, it's so painfully obvious... Can't believe people are falling for this
You’re acting like the guy elbow dropped him from the fecking top turnbuckle. It was purely accidental. Serves the Sheffield player right for trying to rip the shirt off his back. He just got in the way.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
It was the same phase, the ball was still active in the same phase of play, it's relatively simple.
Disagree I guess. SHU pass the ball between them and move forward to counter attack. They get stopped. Imagine the ref did see the situation with the GK and decided to not whistle and leave it as an advantage. He would never go back 15 seconds to still call the foul.

AVL get screwed here big time. Goal should have stood and a penalty given.

TheRedHearted

Up and away but across the other persons face? Do you realize up and away would have been to his right, away from the other player.
How did the guy end up with a gash on his forehead?
According to some it was a gush of wind.
Being robbed by the officials.
Sheffield or Aston villa?

I had a weird instinct to put a small bet on Sheffield, I’ve never done that at all but I’m sure happy I didn’t!

is it even allowed to talk about that stuff on here?

awop

Supports
Arsenal
You’re acting like the guy elbow dropped him from the fecking top turnbuckle. It was purely accidental. Serves the Sheffield player right for trying to rip the shirt off his back. He just got in the way.
It doesn't have to be a wrestling move to be violent conduct. It was not accidental. It's beyond naive to think it was.