Premier League Festive Season (Gameweek 18-20)

mancsarered

How can this take so long? We've already seen an angle that shows it the ball in play when it's played across goal.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
All these half a million cameras, spidering their way across the pitch and all they have is two angles, one grainy as feck and the other blocked by the player :lol:

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Think they went with the correct approach there. Think the ball could've been out, but you just can't tell from the pictures

Riz

The only angle we have cannot prove there is a clear and obvious error for the on field decision of goal. Correct decision.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Think they went with the correct approach there. Think the ball could've been out, but you just can't tell from the pictures
It was literally impossible to tell from the angles shown. I think there’s a chance the ball could have been out, but nothing conclusive could be seen from the angles shown.

the_cliff

I have no idea if that's out or in tbh.

Not surprised that the goal was given, if the on field decision was out it would be ruled out.

Either way the defending of that cross from Zinchenko was terrible.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Just guesswork if they disallowed that, only would have caused a bigger problem for themselves if they tried to justify not giving that goal.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It was literally impossible to tell from the angles shown. I think there’s a chance the ball could have been out, but nothing conclusive could be seen from the angles shown.
Yeah exactly, so not enough evidence to overrule the on field decision

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
100s of cameras and they only had an angle where a player blocked it, and one from seemingly someone's potato the other side.

High probability that was out. You could see Bowen's leg and a tiny gap to the line and no ball in between.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Can't really disallow it when they've got one view of Bowen's arse and one view from a hidden camera in somebody's tie sat in the second deck.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Annoying that with this goal, the West Ham goal against us and the Newcastle goal the refs seem to have decided if you can’t tell the ball is out to allow it but didn’t take the same approach for Holjund’s goal v Brighton.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I think the decision is fair, ball is in in frames 1 and 3 and on the second you can still see a few pixels above the line. No complete evidence it's out so it has to stand. The comical defending is more annoying than this close call.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
I have no idea if that's out or in tbh.

Not surprised that the goal was given, if the on field decision was out it would be ruled out.

Either way the defending of that cross from Zinchenko was terrible.
Zinchenko is going straight to the bench as soon as Partey or Tomiyasu come back. He has been consistently awful defensively this season.

Oranges038

Fail to see the point in looking at the same angle for that long when you can't see if it's out anyway.