g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Festive Season

Feed Me

I'm hungry
You're fighting a losing battle.

If it was anyone but Ole leading us, no one would support him.
I'm not going to shut up.

I'm sure I'll be banned before long.

He's a terrible manager with no credentials to lead a club of our stature.

We have the tools to be doing better than 7th position.

People are seduced by the romantic narrative but he's a shit manager.

Djemba-Djemba

I know plenty of City fans and I genuinely haven't really cared about City since they won the first title because they essentially bought it and isn't as meaningful. Liverpool is different.

At the end of the day, this is a Manchester United forum and you're not happy with me for not being happy about Liverpool winning the league title for the first time in 30 years. I don't really understand where you're coming from TBH.
This is a Manchester Utd forum and you're not happy with me being happy about Manchester City losing.

Liverpool winning the league is shit, of course it is I don't disagree. But are you going to mope on here every time City lose and say "Yeah but Liverpool will win the league". There is no title race, it's over. Liverpool will win the title. Just try and enjoy watching City look a mess.

When we won the derby a few weeks ago were you upset?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I hope you are right about getting some new players. I don't feel we have that much depth apart from in defense.
Matic, Lingard, Mata, Periera may look like depth, but none of them have really impressed much.

In defense though I think we have lots of decent enough options if they get games and can find form. I know people don't rate Jones, Bailly, Young and Jones, but I think they are good players when avoiding injuries. Under Mourinho we often looked much more solid than now with them. Although confidence might be low now and Ole is not the best coach to improve players behind the scenes really.
Under Mourinho the attack would be worse. Matic would still be playing and lumping it Fellaini would still be plan B. For all his shortcomings, Ole is currently a better option than Jose.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
At the end of the day, this is a Manchester United forum and you're not happy with me for not being happy about Liverpool winning the league title for the first time in 30 years. I don't really understand where you're coming from TBH.
Don't be an idiot. Being happy City lost does not equal being happy with Liverpool winning the league. You would have a point if this was a tight race but City are about as in the title race as Chelsea realistically are.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Every goal we scored yesterday must have have been like a dagger to your heart. Come on Burnley!
No, not really. I was pleased for the hour or so we played well. I would love more than anything for that to be even a semi regular thing.

Ban

Are you happy getting to refer to him as a PE teacher? Does that make you feel big and clever?
I've seen worse. But it's funny, guys like him think it's funny to mock a club legend like that and they feel proud. Completely immature bunch.

Fts 74

I said at the start of the season I was done hoping city would win or "cheering" for city. I hated having to resort to that, City can feck off.

You probably aren't from Manchester and don't know any City fans, I do and they've been unbearably smug the last 2 years especially.

Liverpool winning the league is really shit but crying about it doesn't change anything, it's inevitable. City winning tonight wouldn't have meant jack shit to the title race, it's over.

I'm going to enjoy watching City look like shit and lose. You can be miserable about it if you want, it's up to you.
I'm with you on this, sick and tired of the city fans giving it the big one around here.

I enjoyed the wolves winner, we can't do nothing about the league so although I hate the thought of them lot winning, I might as well enjoy Saint pep looking lost on the sidelines and his amazing greatest team ever imploding.

mu4c_20le

Okay, sorry, 20legend is a shit manager. Better?
Yeah it is actually. I find it odd how a long standing member like yourself still needs reminding that it isn't ok to belittle club legends with petty nicknames.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
What a result! 2-0 down to 3-2 so now a quick turnaround and ready to take on Liverpool on Sunday
My wife and her entire family are Wolves fans and giving it large this evening.

Can't wait for you to roll over against Liverpool before hammering us in the cup.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
No, not really. I was pleased for the hour or so we played well. I would love more than anything for that to be even a semi regular thing.
What? This doesn't make sense if you actively rooting for "your" team to lose. That logic :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

I'm with you on this, sick and tired of the city fans giving it the big one around here.

I enjoyed the wolves winner, we can't do nothing about the league so although I hate the thought of them lot winning, I might as well enjoy Saint pep looking lost on the sidelines and his amazing greatest team ever imploding.
Yes exactly this!

I didn't think it would be such a difficult concept to explain to some posters.

FlawlessThaw

Hoping Utd lose games really doesn't help your cause.
I agree here. I have major doubts about Ole and to be honest have resigned to the fact that he will be fired at some point in the upcoming year. But "loss is a win" bullshit can bugger off.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Yeah it is actually. I find it odd how a long standing member like yourself still needs reminding that it isn't ok to belittle club legends with petty nicknames.
I'm sick of people chuntering on about club legends.

Brilliant servant as a player, no arguments there.

Absolutely shambolic that he was ever appointed manager though and he's killing us as a top level entity.

We will be in the wilderness for the next decade thanks to OGS.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I agree here. I have major doubts about Ole and to be honest have resigned to the fact that he will be fired at some point in the upcoming year. But "loss is a win" bullshit can bugger off.
But the odd win in three or four is what fecking sustains him.

He's so mediocre, I can't understand why fans are accepting of this.

It's maddening.

Djemba-Djemba

Yeah, to be honest I think it's pretty clear Ole just isn't good enough to be a success here and much as I love him he should probably go.

But there's ways to go about it, giving him insulting nicknames and hoping that we lose games is just pathetic.

Ban

Yes exactly this!

I didn't think it would be such a difficult concept to explain to some posters.
Liverpool deserve it. It's painful but it's what it is. Only thing I don't like to see here is Liverpool cans getting more and more smug.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
This is a Manchester Utd forum and you're not happy with me being happy about Manchester City losing.

Liverpool winning the league is shit, of course it is I don't disagree. But are you going to mope on here every time City lose and say "Yeah but Liverpool will win the league". There is no title race, it's over. Liverpool will win the title. Just try and enjoy watching City look a mess.

When we won the derby a few weeks ago were you upset?
Of course. I nearly ruined my favourite City shirt.

Ban

I'm sick of people chuntering on about club legends.

Brilliant servant as a player, no arguments there.

Absolutely shambolic that he was ever appointed manager though and he's killing us as a top level entity.

We will be in the wilderness for the next decade thanks to OGS.
Decade? :lol:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

It's maddening.
All i hope is, after this, fans can get the 'Utd dna' nonsense out of their system once and for all, and we can move on to appointing the best in class, holding everyone to the highest standards possible.

All this delusion around the club inside and out, can't be helping us move forward at all.

FlawlessThaw

It's maddening.
I'm not accepting of it but I can't help but want the side to win. It's hard to be dispassionate about it. Long term (as in over a period of a season) that kind of performance will get him fired.

Nothing will change though overall.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yeah, to be honest I think it's pretty clear Ole just isn't good enough to be a success here and much as I love him he should probably go.

But there's ways to go about it, giving him insulting nicknames and hoping that we lose games is just pathetic.
Pathetic is a pretty spot on description

DocRockter

This fecking sport is ruining my end of the worst year in memory.. I got one hope left but better not saying it ´cause of these new type of "free speech" rules..

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I hope you are right about getting some new players. I don't feel we have that much depth apart from in defense.
Matic, Lingard, Mata, Periera may look like depth, but none of them have really impressed much.

In defense though I think we have lots of decent enough options if they get games and can find form. I know people don't rate Jones, Bailly, Young and Jones, but I think they are good players when avoiding injuries. Under Mourinho we often looked much more solid than now with them. Although confidence might be low now and Ole is not the best coach to improve players behind the scenes really.
It's really the midfield and left back. I think the attack is fine and center halves will suffice. A midfielder that can retain possession/run and a more dynamic left back should be the main priorities.

BlueHaze

Yeah it's great seeing them gift Liverpool the title :houllier:
Wolves havn't gifted them the title. No one has. They are an unstoppable machine this year, the title race was over in November. If anyone has "gifted" them the title ironically enough it's city with how absolute shit that dumpster of a club have been.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Wolves havn't gifted them the title. No one has. They are an unstoppable machine this year, the title race was over in November. If anyone has "gifted" them the title ironically enough it's city with how absolute shit that dumpster of a club have been.
Tell that to Ole ;)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Nice. What were the odds?
Was 18/1 but was around 71st minute so would've been higher if anyone had waited until the last ten minutes (they didn't get to 2-2 until 81st minute).

Man. City were pretty much dead at that point and bar Sterling had any attackers left on the pitch so just a hunch I had if they could get level with still a decent amount of time to play.

Of course I don't mention the 99 other times in the season those types of bets don't come off. :lol: