Premier League Festive Season

cyberman

Yet another load of bullshit, touted as fact, by someone who doesn't know the new rules but thinks they know better than everyone else.
Me?
Im only quoting what we have been brought up being told buddy.
Google it if youre new.
Maybe VAR will even out in the long run huh? My favourite after a bad call was being told that it was acceptable because team a attacked so much..

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm not sure. Last season we were being told that we'd be nowhere near the top when VAR came in. Slightly controversial opinion but we might just be a really good football team
It's not black or white this argument, last season VAR sees you loose at West Ham for example due to an offside goal, this season VAR is helping you loads like ruling out City's winner against Spurs (and today obviously)

Bulldog United

You misread my post. Theyre playing it safe now, not then. It was the wild west pre VAR.
I dont even know if benefit of the doubt rule was even implemented but there were far too many linesmen giving bad offside calls every game for it to be a guideline to follow.
There were certainly some really bad offside decisions pre-VAR. But that's what VAR should be putting an end to now. When an attacker was stood a yard offside and the linesman misses it, that's something you do intervene on. These marginal decisions on VAR where the attacking team hasn't gained a clear advantage need to be changed, but it will require a change by the lawmakers of the game or officiating body.

While you clearly support the way VAR is being used now on offsides, it's causing too much upset among fans to remain like this.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Seriously, how the feck can Mane be the deepest Liverpool player defending up the wing in the 82 minute of a game deep in the festive schedule after all the games and travelling the bastards have had this season??

Josep Dowling

In the referee's eye Mane has gone down at least 3 times looking for fouls and he's done nothing.
I thought this. Surely by the second one you book him for diving. Any form of contact and their front 3 go down straight away.

cyberman

There were certainly some really bad offside decisions pre-VAR. But that's what VAR should be putting an end to now. When an attacker was stood a yard offside and the linesman misses it, that's something you do intervene on. These marginal decisions on VAR where the attacking team hasn't gained a clear advantage need to be changed, but it will require a change by the lawmakers of the game or officiating body.

While you clearly support the way VAR is being used now on offsides, it's causing too much upset among fans to remain like this.
But its completely solved the striker being given offside when clearly on? Thats more of an advantage to him than bad runs being called

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Seriously, how the feck can Mane be the deepest Liverpool player defending up the wing in the 82 minute of a game deep in the festive schedule after all the games and travelling the bastards have had this season??
Desire. They’ve got the bit between their teeth now.

That and klopps hypnotic teeth

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wolves deserve a point, great effort from them. Just some wild finishing in the second half as they've opened up Liverpool a few times.

Liverpool go to Molineux in a few weeks so think that could be a period where their unbeaten record is serious threatened. They also play Spurs away in that period.

Bulldog United

But its completely solved the striker being given offside when clearly on? Thats more of an advantage to him than bad runs being called
It hasn't solved it completely, because we're still seeing examples of linesman flagging incorrectly offside and the ref whistling before the attack breaks down.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Wolves have made this a difficult game for us. Good side.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
They weren't though.

VVD handled the ball during the build-up to Liverpool's goal (which was conveniently overlooked by VAR) and then VAR ruled out a Wolves goal, even though it was unclear whether the player was in an offside position when the ball was played.

It should be 1-0 to Wolves.
The wolves player was offside! There is no question about that!

I didn't know about the VVD handball, I will have a look after the game.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Wolves unable to hit the target unlike against us when they scored the worldie 25 yard top corner equaliser with their only shot on target in the game.

mu4c_20le

Liverpool aren't particularly technical, or dominating games. They are just ridiculously fit. would love it if some doping scandal came to light.