Premier League Festive Season

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
No wonder a Liverpool fan is saying that. It basically fecked Man City over all season and let you remain unbeaten. You would still be top of the league but there is no way you would be so far ahead without VAR.
I know Liverpool have been great this season, but it can't be a coincicence that they're having the season of their life in the same season that VAR is being introduced? The amount of decisions that have changed games in their favour is ridiculous. As you've said, without VAR, they'd still be top of the league, but by a few points, not totally unbeaten.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
No wonder a Liverpool fan is saying that. It basically fecked Man City over all season and let you remain unbeaten. You would still be top of the league but there is no way you would be so far ahead without VAR.
Man City fecked themselves over, let’s not let our hate for Liverpool cloud that

SqueakyWeasel

Strange that, before VAR, people used to get annoyed about an offside missed (or falsely given) around once every two weekends. Now, in an effort to clear that inconsistency up, we've got around 5 or 6 things to get annoyed about every game day.
Not one of the 5 or 6 goals that have been ruled out by VAR over the last two days would even have even been looked into or questioned by opposition managers, fans or MOTD pundits.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wolves play really entertaining football.

E-mal

Moutinho has been terrific for this wolves team, perhaps the experience and controller we need in midfield?

El Zoido

People on reddit with Liverpool flairs saying “feck VAR” and acting all aggrieved. Give me a fecking break. The Premier League will be printing out a separate league winners medal for VAR alone. Liverpool fans should be praying every day that this system never changes.

cyberman

Strange that, before VAR, people used to get annoyed about an offside missed (or falsely given) around once every two weekends. Now, in an effort to clear that inconsistency up, we've got around 5 or 6 things to get annoyed about every game day.
Not one of the 5 or 6 goals that have been ruled out by VAR over the last two days would even have even been looked into or questioned by opposition managers, fans or MOTD pundits.
Balls! What would have happened is most of these razor tight offsides would have been called by officials before the ball got to the net. Then we would have been presched to about deserving a bit of luck or having it evened out during a season
Linesmen being told to keep their flags down is being forgotten here.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
People on reddit with Liverpool flairs saying “feck VAR” and acting all aggrieved. Give me a fecking break. The Premier League will be printing out a separate league winners medal for VAR alone. Liverpool fans should be praying every day that this system never changes.
I'm not sure. Last season we were being told that we'd be nowhere near the top when VAR came in. Slightly controversial opinion but we might just be a really good football team

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The season is going to leave a nasty taste in the mouth for all football fans. Going to take the shine off their title a little. They will say they don't care but they will.

Bulldog United

Balls! What would have happened is most of these razor tight offsides would have been called by officials before the ball got to the net. Then we would have been presched to about deserving a bit of luck or having it evened out during a season
Linesmen keep their flags down until the goal is scored, and then they put it up and the referee whistles. The Norwich goal yesterday and Wolves today were both ruled OK by the officials on the pitch.

cyberman

Linesmen keep their flags down until the goal is scored, and then they put it up and the referee whistles. The Norwich goal yesterday and Wolves today were both ruled OK by the officials.
But its never pointed out on tv so the theory goes that all of these would be allowed without VAR ruining the entertainment business.
Plus, lets be honest, how many linesmen will play it safe now anyway.
Ive seen too many abysmal calls by paniced, out of position linesmen to believe them now

NoneBmStore

I know Liverpool have been great this season, but it can't be a coincicence that they're having the season of their life in the same season that VAR is being introduced? The amount of decisions that have changed games in their favour is ridiculous. As you've said, without VAR, they'd still be top of the league, but by a few points, not totally unbeaten.
Have you honestly watched all Leister games and know what VAR has done for them ?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I'm not sure. Last season we were being told that we'd be nowhere near the top when VAR came in. Slightly controversial opinion but we might just be a really good football team
No one doubts Liverpool are a quality team, just that they wouldn't so far ahead in the title race if it was not for VAR giving you a helping hand.

Bulldog United

But its never pointed out on tv so the theory goes that all of these would be allowed with VAR ruining the entertainment business.
Plus, lets be honest, how many linesmen will play it safe now anyway.
They should be playing it safe as the running the lines guidance is give the attacker the benefit of doubt if its very close and you're not sure.

SqueakyWeasel

Yet another load of bullshit, touted as fact, by someone who doesn't know the new rules but thinks they know better than everyone else.

El Zoido

I’m not denying that, honestly. You would be top regardless. In many ways that makes it even more annoying because you really don’t need this assistance. Norwich need it..

cyberman

They should be playing it safe as the running the lines guidance is give the attacker the benefit of doubt if its very close and you're not sure.
You misread my post. Theyre playing it safe now, not then. It was the wild west pre VAR.
I dont even know if benefit of the doubt rule was even implemented but there were far too many linesmen giving bad offside calls every game for it to be a guideline to follow.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Both the decisions today were correct? Its not favorable!
They weren't though.

VVD handled the ball during the build-up to Liverpool's goal (which was conveniently overlooked by VAR) and then VAR ruled out a Wolves goal, even though it was unclear whether the player was in an offside position when the ball was played.

It should be 1-0 to Wolves.

Bulldog United

I think one thing Liverpool have done (to their credit) is not play as close to the defensive lines when attacking. Salah and Mane would often be shown to be marginally offside prior to VAR being implemented, but now they play it safer and are not right on the defender's shoulders all the time anymore. So they changed things as Klopp surely recognised they had a lot of luck last season that the video ref would chalk off this season if they didn't adapt to VAR conditions.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
They weren't though.

VVD handled the ball during the build-up to Liverpool's goal (which was conveniently overlooked by VAR) and then VAR ruled out a Wolves goal, even though it was unclear whether the player was in an offside position when the ball was played.
“Inconclusive for me but not for thee!”

Wankers.