Premier League Festive Season

Castia

That El Ghazi is fecking shite

Watched Villa a few times this season and all he does is give the ball away or mess it up. Reminds me of when Nani used to have a stinker for us, nothing comes off and he makes it worse by ballooning 40 yard strikes over the bar.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
We've been o.k but struggled to break through their lines. Of all the changes I was hoping Chelsea would rest Kante as at his best he's like two players in there. Oh and Giroud. :lol:

Despite all the reports to the contrary Chelsea still have loads of fantastic players in their 11. Would like us to run a bit at Azpilcueta given he's on a yellow at least.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It'll be the same as the West Ham game. Villa will threaten a little in the second half before Chelsea pick them off with a late goal or two.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Well, if you didn't give him all the space in the world you might.
Traore still learning this tracking back to help your full back thing. Think I'd take him off and go 3 centrally and just tell McGinn to drop back that side when we lose the ball.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Much better than v Arsenal. Our midfield is still largely MIA though. Tactically and in terms of who is playing it's not working well. Totally reliant on combinations with the Chilwell for creativity, good finish from Giroud.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Giroud finishing this season is surely on different level than previously? I've see a lot of great goals already from him for both Chelsea and France. It makes a difference having a confident striker up front.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Giroud is so much better than Abraham, its not even close. If Werner gets a chance through the middle and continues to fluff his lines, Giroud must start every game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Giroud finishing this season is surely on different level than previously? I've see a lot of great goals already from him for both Chelsea and France. It makes a difference having a confident striker up front.
I checked his goals record out, expecting to see a really patchy record in his Arsenal days.
But he actually scored quite a few back then.

Sylar

Shame that Lampard couldn't sell giroud last January like he wanted

Elpidios

Giroud is very hard to dislike as far as rival players go, his movement off the ball seems to have improved massively during the latter part of his career. Works his socks off for the team, it's a surprise why Lampard doesn't play him more often.

GameOn

I will repeat myself: Giroud is by far (!) Chelsea's best striker. It's not even particularly close.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
No, he’s always been good.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Watched Villa a few times this season and all he does is give the ball away or mess it up. Reminds me of when Nani used to have a stinker for us, nothing comes off and he makes it worse by ballooning 40 yard strikes over the bar.
Everytime he scores, all my Ajax mates scream he has always been fantastic amd he should be called up for Oranje :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I checked his goals record out, expecting to see a really patchy record in his Arsenal days.
But he actually scored quite a few back then.
Think he had a long goal drought in 15/16 and Arsenal fans never forgave him for that. Plus some bad misses in CL ties.

He gets better every year somehow like Vardy. Top striker. Mad they don't start him away from home where you counter attack more.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Whilst I fully agree that the use of terms such as "bin dipper" and "chavs" is both childish and snobbish and therefore to be entirely expected in the pathetic, slow to evolve and tribal world of football fandom, I note that you don't highlight Liverpool fans using the nomenclature "cnuts" despite your team being full of them.
I have used that about some Liverpool fans many times. :) And to avoid sexism issues, pricks too.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Villa are really good and I’m confused where it’s come from. Last season it was a case of pass to Grealish and he will make something happen. This year it’s similar but every other player has caught up to his line of thinking and they look like a real cohesive unit and dangerous to play against.

Chelsea always look really drab and basically will only win the game if the other team lets them through mistakes or poor defending I.e leaving Chillwell with acres of space.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
We've been o.k but struggled to break through their lines. Of all the changes I was hoping Chelsea would rest Kante as at his best he's like two players in there. Oh and Giroud. :lol:

Despite all the reports to the contrary Chelsea still have loads of fantastic players in their 11. Would like us to run a bit at Azpilcueta given he's on a yellow at least.
You'd have thought Grealish would twig that (or Smith tell him).

Don't think there's much in this game, Giroud movement/finish the difference

So how many players do you need to have Covid to get the game called off?

im not calling a conspiracy, but when you have 3-4 key players out, surely there’s an inventive/ desire to get the game called off?

could city have put out a team? It should be transparent how many of their first team squad are out (we don’t need names, just numbers).

Sylar

Lampard convinced him to stay. He didn't want rid, at all. He just does not see him as a long term starting CF.
What are your thought? Should he be starter (obviously not long term due to age but for now)? and if so how long?

When I saw him starting in the fa cup semi against us I knew we were in trouble as he caused us a bit of it when he was subbed on in the league game earlier at your place

Tony247

Tinkerman Frank.

That's quite concerning. He does seem to play a different variation of a front 3 every game.
Exactly. Add to that so many new players. How will they develop understanding if not regularly played together. You then see crosses after crosses.

Castia

:drool:

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups

5 in 5 for him now.