Premier League Festive Season

Chabon

Brighton are fecking useless. Unfortunately Arsenal look to have beat the drop
I’ve watched them a couple of times this season and they have the worst decision making of any football team I’ve ever seen. Multiple times a game they’ll pass the ball around nicely in the opposition half for two minutes and then one of them will smash the ball straight out of play or pass it directly to the opposition keeper. Like a parody of the Arsenal of old.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I can understand why they're running it into the corner as if it's a cup game. They just need wins at the minute.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Brighton are basically a weird immigration of Wigan the year they were relegated. Neat and tidy in possession, capable of taking a scalp or two but ultimately very to play against.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yet another example of a ref giving a free for nothing other than the player screaming loudly.
He looked like he kicked him tbf but yeah Lacazette reacted as though he was two-footed 100mph.

ray24

Supports
Arsenal
It's not just that they can thrash bottom teams, the likelihood of doing that to a top side (or at least beating them) goes up as well. The bottom line is that their points expectation increases playing like that. Which is why it's nonsense to criticise them after the inevitable heavy defeat which is part of the deal. All of that with what was a mid table Championship side when Bielsa took over.
Exactly. Too bad some fans on this site only bother to watch the Man Utd game against Leeds and nothing else. Those anti-hipsters only watch the "big games" results and ignore everything else.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I am in slight disbelief Solskjaer keeps up with the Matic-Pogba double pivot, it's woeful. You can have Pogba in there but at least play Fred or McTominay instead of Matic.

Deery

Dreary
Competitive game so far, both teams actually playing good football just need a goal..

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Rashford has become a huge diver. Does it Consistently in every game I’ve watched him this season.

AltiUn

Greenwood's not put a foot wrong today yet there is still criticism of him in the match thread, honestly have no idea what people want from him.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
They’re all at it, you have to go down to get the penalty. I’d say Kane is much worse..
Agreed. Kane is one of the worst at it. It’s just interesting because the typically English media commentary usually makes more mention of when a South American etc player does it, but the English internationals aren’t mentioned nearly as much (Rashford, Sterling, and Kane)

Deery

Dreary
Agreed. Kane is one of the worst at it. It’s just interesting because the typically English media commentary usually makes more mention of when a South American etc player does it, but the English internationals aren’t mentioned nearly as much (Rashford, Sterling, and Kane)
It’s since the introduction of VAR, but yeah the darlings do get it slightly easier..

Deery

Dreary
Match day thread is mad everyone blaming Rashford when he looks our best outlet to get a goal

AltiUn

Match day thread is mad everyone blaming Rashford when he looks our best outlet to get a goal
He hasn't though, Greenwood put it on a plate for Fernandes, that's been our best chance. Rashford's been slow and ponderous in possession. I wouldn't take him off but he's not been great. I'd be looking at bringing on Fred instead of Matic, that midfield has absolutely no urgency.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The matchday thread is a rancid pot of fury as always.

Rashford is best when he's sprinting into space and instinct takes over.

When he has the ball stationery and has to think about what to do it falls apart a bit.
Martial is the opposite on that one.

Deery

Dreary
He hasn't though, Greenwood put it on a plate for Fernandes, that's been our best chance. Rashford's been slow and ponderous in possession. I wouldn't take him off but he's not been great. I'd be looking at bringing on Fred instead of Matic, that midfield has absolutely no urgency.
The matchday thread is a rancid pot of fury as always.

Rashford is best when he's sprinting into space and instinct takes over.

When he has the ball stationery and has to think about what to do it falls apart a bit.
Martial is the opposite on that one.
He’s not Lionel Messi like but I think he’s been good and is trying to be a threat, could actually see him nick a goal later on if Wolves go for the win..

AltiUn

Rotating the midfield of McTominay and Fred to save them for another match is endlessly pointless when their replacements cost us the chance of a win in our current game.

Deery

Dreary
Disappointing if we draw this but Wolves have sat so deep it’s been hard to create many chances.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They were due that v Wolves tbf. Not quite sucked into the 0-0 vortex tonight.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Wolves were always going to struggle having to play 48 hours after a game against Spurs but that's such a lucky goal.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Feck off. that's so flukey.
Champions win games with deflections like these. Up to Liverpool to do their bit.

I thought Nouri or Hoever would screw up due to lack of games but it ended up being Kilman.