Premier League Festive Season

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm hating how annoyed I am at seeing United two points behind us after 15 games. I wouldn't care if we were 9th and 10th but I hate it when we're 1st and they're 2nd.

kidbob

Rashford is your only finisher (side from Bruno and occasionally Cavani but he's 65). Fred and McT with no Bruno = no goals in the league.
I weirdly don't worry about this though because realistically Greenwood (best) and Martial (2nd) are our best finishers but haven't got going, again I think they will. DVB scored a lot of goals for Ajax so hopefully he ends up being a good sub for Bruno (obviously not as good as the best player in the League but adequate). On top of that Bailly is our most talented defender and a better foil for Maguire so if he stays fit then we are improved defensively. Fred and McTominay offer good legs in midfield and that stat says more about out forwards form than anything else, but like I said I think they'll come good. They did last season.

I don't think we'll stop you winning the League but in my mind I'm happy we are the main threat, and I really think we are, after so many years of shit. The game at Anfield will be huge for the first time in ages, and if we win it, and take your unbeaten record, then it could potentially have a real impact on the rest of the season. I don't think we ill but I know we are capable of it on our day, I couldn't have said that this time last year.

Ironically our biggest problem is Pogba. I agree with you that Fred and McT aren't ideal but at the moment they are because Pogba has been awful. If he was able to consistently play well then we would actually be a serious threat to you this season. However I don't think he will. I hope we sign Caciedo but doubt he'll be ready to make a difference straight away, same with Diallo. Either way I'm positive for the first time in ages. Unlike most Liverpool and United fans I'd actually like us to be the 2 best teams in the League concurrently because isn't that the whole point of a rivalry? Feels like we've never had a Madrid vs Barca type of decade where the rivalry really means something.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Rotating the midfield of McTominay and Fred to save them for another match is endlessly pointless when their replacements cost us the chance of a win in our current game.
This post is nonsense. They lack creativity to break down Wolves defense which is hard even with extra creativity in midfield with Pogba.

kidbob

I'm hating how annoyed I am at seeing United two points behind us after 15 games. I wouldn't care if we were 9th and 10th but I hate it when we're 1st and they're 2nd.
This is what both fanbases should wish for every year. Yes its more stressful than being against some other team but this is what true rivalry is and what makes football as incredible as it is. Imagine going into the last day of the season where both of us could win the League or playing in a CL final against each other. It would be horrible but also the most amazing tension you could feel. I think we are a couple of years away from that level as a team but maybe for the first time in ages we could see both teams being the 'best' together.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Really happy with the number of games coming up for Utd. At some point they will need to beat teams without Fernandes and Rashford (exhaustion) and rely on Fred and Martial. :lol: Two must win cup games coming up for them soon.
Wouldn't the City game be postponed due to the outbreak. If that's the case then we get to have a week rest in between our Villa game and the FA cup the another week break before the Liverpool game. :drool:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I weirdly don't worry about this though because realistically Greenwood (best) and Martial (2nd) are our best finishers but haven't got going, again I think they will. DVB scored a lot of goals for Ajax so hopefully he ends up being a good sub for Bruno (obviously not as good as the best player in the League but adequate). On top of that Bailly is our most talented defender and a better foil for Maguire so if he stays fit then we are improved defensively. Fred and McTominay offer good legs in midfield and that stat says more about out forwards form than anything else, but like I said I think they'll come good. They did last season.

I don't think we'll stop you winning the League but in my mind I'm happy we are the main threat, and I really think we are, after so many years of shit. The game at Anfield will be huge for the first time in ages, and if we win it, and take your unbeaten record, then it could potentially have a real impact on the rest of the season. I don't think we ill but I know we are capable of it on our day, I couldn't have said that this time last year.

Ironically our biggest problem is Pogba. I agree with you that Fred and McT aren't ideal but at the moment they are because Pogba has been awful. If he was able to consistently play well then we would actually be a serious threat to you this season. However I don't think he will. I hope we sign Caciedo but doubt he'll be ready to make a difference straight away, same with Diallo. Either way I'm positive for the first time in ages. Unlike most Liverpool and United fans I'd actually like us to be the 2 best teams in the League concurrently because isn't that the whole point of a rivalry? Feels like we've never had a Madrid vs Barca type of decade where the rivalry really means something.
Fair points and lots of Ifs and Maybes in your post. For the final paragraph I would agree yes it would be good for just us two to dominate the league over all the microplastic that we've had to breathe in over the last twenty years or so.

But I've been on Redcafe for over 18 years and my feelings have changed to hoping you get relegated. :p :angel:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Wouldn't the City game be postponed due to the outbreak. If that's the case then we get to have a week rest in between our Villa game and the FA cup the another week break before the Liverpool game. :drool:
That's not good. Things are falling into place. Could Ole actually do it? :nervous:

The hope is beginning to stir. :)

kidbob

Fair points and lots of Ifs and Maybes in your post. For the final paragraph I would agree yes it would be good for just us two to dominate the league over all the microplastic that we've had to breathe in over the last twenty years or so.

But I've been on Redcafe for over 18 years and my feelings have changed to hoping you get relegated. :p :angel:
:lol: I'm the same to be honest. I would love to see you relegated but honestly I'd miss you guys pretty quickly. Through all these years and, as you've said, the plastic clubs no one come near to the rivalry between us. And your dead right there is a huge amounts of ifs and buts which Liverpool absolutely don't have but a mans gotta dream! Even if realistically I reckon it'll be two years before we are really ready to challenge you.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You're probably like a guy I know who was telling me how much of a "mess" United were in and how it was "desperation" us signing Cavani, a couple of months ago.
He'd convinced himself we were useless.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rotating the midfield of McTominay and Fred to save them for another match is endlessly pointless when their replacements cost us the chance of a win in our current game.
Tell me you wouldn't have started McFred at home to Wolves!
We could barely create anything with the silkier Matic and Pogba in there!

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
:lol: I'm the same to be honest. I would love to see you relegated but honestly I'd miss you guys pretty quickly. Through all these years and, as you've said, the plastic clubs no one come near to the rivalry between us. And your dead right there is a huge amounts of ifs and buts which Liverpool absolutely don't have but a mans gotta dream! Even if realistically I reckon it'll be two years before we are really ready to challenge you.
I boldly predicted earlier this year (March/April?) that Bruno would win PL player of the season over KdB this season. If you make another signing like that then things start becoming tasty. Bad tasty for me obviously. Two signings like him, and with our own players ageing, then yes it's on.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You're probably like a guy I know who was telling me how much of a "mess" United were in and how it was "desperation" us signing Cavani, a couple of months ago.
He'd convinced himself we were useless.
A lot of you on here had convinced yourselves of that as well. Ole out was going around earlier in the season.

el3mel

The number of postponed matches is starting to look crazy. There's no time in the schedule for all these.

This season is going to be postponed at the end.

el3mel

Its 3 since September?
And the 2 games from the first week for United and City. That's 5 total and we aren't even midway in the season yet. There's still 22 weeks left. I don't remember any previous season in which there were 5 postponed games in the first half of it. They usually only start to happen in second half due to league cup/Fa cup games.

croadyman

And the 2 games from the first week for United and City. That's 5 total and we aren't even midway in the season yet. There's still 22 weeks left. I don't remember any previous season in which there were 5 postponed games in the first half of it. They usually only start to happen in second half due to league cup/Fa cup games.
They were postponed due to our european involvements

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The first two postponements were nothing to do with Covid.

el3mel

They were postponed due to our european involvements
I'm not talking about COVID? I'm talking about the postponed games in general and when they will be able to play them in an already very congested season.

cyberman

But they werent corona related. Im still shocked they seemed to cancel those without any sort of forethought. They shouldn't really be in the equation imo.
I read the infection rate this round was 1.2 odd and half of those were from City. I dont think we are at a panic point just yet.
When sides start dropping out from FA cups, Europe etc we should see seeing some dates cleared up.

DomesticTadpole

Maybe they need to travel on the day more. Thought they all were when the games restarted. Stopping at hotels might be causing a big problem. You are relying on that hotel taking all the necessary measure. Also their staff will be going home so are then out of control of the employers.

el3mel

But they werent corona related. Im still shocked they seemed to cancel those without any sort of forethought.
I read the infection rate this round was 1.2 odd and half of those were from City. I dont think we are at a panic point just yet.
When sides stsrt dropping out from FA cups, Europe etc we should see semome dates cleared up.
They weren't. I'm not talking about COVID. I am just talking about the number of postponed games and how they will play them, considering there will be more to come when the rest of League cup and Fa Cup play, and whether COVID will cause more delaying.

With this rate, it honestly seems like they will have to cancel the Fa Cup or something.

DomesticTadpole

They weren't. I'm not talking about COVID. I am just talking about the number of postponed games and how they will play them, considering there will be more to come when the rest of League cup and Fa Cup play, and whether COVID will cause more delaying.

With this rate, it honestly seems like they will have to cancel the Fa Cup or something.
That might not be a good idea. Of course they will keep it going as it earns smaller clubs money, but if there are no fans again, it might not be the case. All those stupid pointless internationals as well. If the Euros have to go, then so be it.

cyberman

The cup has to be dropped. Too many lower keague cases, half the round are going to get buys and take up schdule dates that wont be played

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Spurs-Fulham off.

Spurs can now join the magic games in hand club.

el3mel

City back in training today. Their match with Chelsea should be played then.