Premier League Festive Season

lex talionis

Terrible game full of dumb mistakes and no control from either team, no surprise City are walking again to another title.
That’s one of way of looking at it, but in truth it was a great game between two very good sides, both however bring inferior to the inevitable PL winner but miles and miles ahead of the rest.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
The first 45 minutes were the best I remember in recent times, absolute chaos, all in war mode.

Chelsea are different with Kante and Kovacic but we have a lot of difficulties scoring goals.
Pulisic, Havertz, Werner, CHO, Ziyech all together don't score a number of goals worthy of a quality striker.

And without Chilwell and James things got worse, but the attitude was good overall, plenty of mistakes on both sides and a somewhat fair draw.

Because on one side are Salah and Mané and on the other Pulisic and Havertz.

Strelok

Anytime you observe one of them alongside City who no team can match for consistency. United need a quality manager.
Tuchel's PSG was nothing like his Chelsea, especially the intensity and cohesion. Ralf is a quality manager. What we need is to drop the big name who can't or refuse to run, nor can trap a ball and pass properly. Tuchel dropped Lukaku for a reason. And buy a better defensive midfielder.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I still can’t believe Benitez hasn’t been sacked yet. He’s completely finished as a manager.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
If they're mediocre, feck knows what that makes us :nervous:
Some people lack humour.

You may not be Nostradamus but I seem to recall you expressing doubts in the Alexis Sanchez transfer thread. To your credit you certainly had a clue on that occasion. Unlike just about everyone else around here. So maybe I shouldn't argue with you!
Oh, i'm not arguing at all but as a United fan i hope we get good players and maybe Alvarez will be an asset.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Ticket prices for Brentford are really expensive now, far too much for locals from Brentford. New stadium is in kew, a very posh part of West London so you can imagine some of the crowd who go.
Whatever fella we ain't Foolham ;)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Phil Jones - a decade of destruction.
I remember very clearly when he was a talented kid coming out of Blackburn. I was very jealous when he ended up at United. Did not foresee the absolute meme he wound up becoming.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I remember very clearly when he was a talented kid coming out of Blackburn. I was very jealous when he ended up at United. Did not foresee the absolute meme he wound up becoming.
If he’d played longer under SAF he would’ve probably been a decent CB. His prime years came during a very uncertain period for United.

United will probably win this simply because they have better players. Wolves have had the better of it but no goal scoring threat. Traore hasn’t even scored this season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Must be weird being a United fan currently. At least we are shit enough to make you really angry. United are even boring at being shit.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Deserved for Wolves but how did Fernandes miss that chance?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Especially when you consider the expectation at the start of the season. They were supposed to challenge for the title.
Yeah I thought they’d comfortably get a CL spot but the money spent on Ronaldo should have been spent on a better midfield. They’ve regressed so much since last season.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
On paper, last season's squad plus Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo, a title challenge wasn't crazy.
I think signing Ronaldo completely disrupted what Solskjaer had got going last season. Sancho, Varane and a midfielder would’ve been the right move.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Welcome United to the your season is so shit that all you have left is to laugh at other teams being shit club.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I think signing Ronaldo completely disrupted what Solskjaer had got going last season. Sancho, Varane and a midfielder would’ve been the right move.
It's a strange one, if Ronaldo had gone to Man City and Man United had got someone else in, who knows what the table would look like.

No slight on Ronaldo by the way, just the right man at the wrong time I feel.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Phil Jones has been great, considering.
I was really expecting him to be the worst player on the pitch and dead after 60mins considering how long he's been out but he was just a strong "meh".

PepG

Supports
Ajax
It's a strange one, if Ronaldo had gone to Man City and Man United had got someone else in, who knows what the table would look like.

No slight on Ronaldo by the way, just the right man at the wrong time I feel.
Careful now. Imagine if Ronaldo clicks with this machine-like team at City, if Pep finds a way to utilize him at his best... scary thought.

trims

Supports
Arsenal
What do United fans think of Sancho? He was amazing for Dortmund, but currently looks like a worst version of Pepe.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
What do United fans think of Sancho? He was amazing for Dortmund, but currently looks like a worst version of Pepe.
He's about to do an interview with Sky.de about how he still loves Dortmund very very much.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I really don’t get his (non-)development at United. He looked like the surest thing at Dortmund. Not In the Kagawa/Mikhi but the KdB/Lewy mold.

Edit: i would still take him in a heartbeat for my club.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I really don’t get his (non-)development at United. He looked like the surest thing at Dortmund. Not In the Kagawa/Mikhi but the KdB/Lewy mold.

Edit: i would still take him in a heartbeat for my club.
We can't really judge him until we've got some effective system of play.

The fear is that won't be until next season now.

And no manager is going to come in an instantly get it right so could be any timeframe.
All a mess really.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
We can't really judge him until we've got some effective system of play.

The fear is that won't be until next season now.

And no manager is going to come in an instantly get it right so could be any timeframe.
All a mess really.
Tuchel came in and sorted Lampard’s mess in a week.

Kelly15

Absolutely love the Christmas fixtures. What a great time of the year. So excited for club football to resume. So glad that we don't take a break during that time like other leagues. It's what makes the Premier league so special. I can't imagine not being able to watch football during that time. Something would be missing big time. Like Old Trafford singing The 12 days of Cantona.

Anyone else excited? And what do you love most during that time?